1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings Fellow Motorers.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 07:14 PM
JohnnyConvoluted
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings Fellow Motorers.

My stature has been upgraded.. My new mini is safely tucked in the garage, newly arrived from the dealer. Had 6 miles, a full tank of gas, and the sunroof open. The ride home was the best trip of my life. Having owned and driven in the past such esteemed vehicles as the 73 Dodge dart sport (think plymouth duster with sunroof, 318, dead cylinder all standard), 81 cheVette (auto) and a K car(actually was a nice reliant automobile), perhaps one would think my opinion somewhat skewed, or indeed biased.

Naaaaaah. Absolutely. Best. Drive. Ever.

Going to show Mrs. Convoluted now and will try to post some pics later. (Easy you. Of the car. )

BTW: Great forums. glad to be a part.

BTBTW: And yeah, I've got a weird squeakyrattle in the rear driver side.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:47 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Congrats to both Convoluteds!

Old 08-30-2005, 09:22 PM
JohnnyConvoluted
1st Gear
Some nighttime pics. Will have to do until the weekend (Camera battery died). Only scared the missus three times on our short drive. I am now an amusement park ride operator.

pics here here and soon will be fitted with these.

Old 08-31-2005, 05:13 AM
kaelaria
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome! I learned to drive on a new K car - and BOY did we have fun in HS with Chevettes! LOL

Old 08-31-2005, 07:14 PM
JohnnyConvoluted
1st Gear
This is my first car that I actually wanted. All the other cars were sort of: "well I need a car, and the price is right." Shrugs shoulders, " Alright I'll take it."

This car has met my every expectation. Fit n finish really exceeded my expectation. I expect squeaks and rattles. (high rpm, low car, hard suspension, hard tires; got it) But funny story: 20 year driver; first new car. Picks it up, goes for a spin, brings it home. Very impressed. Park the mini(Only 57 miles.) pull out the key, and *thud* right between my feet. Turn on the interior lights to find the collar that fits(or doesn't in this case) around the assembly where the key is inserted is now in my hand. I was always curious how much one needed to spend on a car to have controls and their fitments (intended for daily/frequent use, I'll add) crumble to pieces when lightly used. Now I know.

*sigh* I'll shut up and be glad the shift **** stayed on.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:51 PM
Vernon29RW
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnnyConvoluted
......Having owned and driven in the past such esteemed vehicles as the 73 Dodge dart sport (think plymouth duster with sunroof, 318, dead cylinder all standard), 81 cheVette (auto) and a K car(actually was a nice reliant automobile), perhaps one would think my opinion somewhat skewed, or indeed biased.
Hey John
My parents actually had a K car and a chevette too. The sad thing is that when the K car died, my parents went out and bought another K car used!!!! As if one wasn't enough. The first one was a 1985 and I think we drove that till about '92 or '93 and then we bought a used '87 and drove that till '98. Just thought I'd tell someone who could really appreciate it.
Steve

Old 08-31-2005, 09:02 PM
JohnnyConvoluted
1st Gear
Oh the K car.

For the motorist whose motivations to drive are basically "Better'n the bus" or "Beats walkin " the K car was great. It's one redeeming feature: K cars were totally ignored by the law.

Please forgive my venting above. I fit the errant piece back around the ignition, took the car for a spin and the smile came right back. The little burble between 1st and second .

Can't wait for 1700 miles to call it broken in.