1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 35 (8/29/05)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 11:08 AM
JustDandy
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production Week 35 (8/29/05) - THE LAST '05s!!

Hadn't seen anyone start this thread, so thought I'd get it going.

My '05 MCS JB/B was scheduled to be completed yesterday.

I've seen lots of references to tracking which ship it's on, etc. How do you get the info to figure that out?

john

Old 08-31-2005, 07:41 PM
Vernon29RW
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry man not to step in on your production week (I'm a week earlier) HAHA j/k....Just thought I'd help you out with the tracking situation in case you haven't already figured it out. Once you get your VIN number from the Owner's Lounge, you can go to Wallenius Wilhelmsen's website and punch in your vin number to track it on board the ship. The website is: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto Hope this helps and don't bother thanking me cuz you won't be thanking me when you agonize over every hour gone by and you check the website 6 times a day to see if you car moved at all!! Have fun waiting just like I am.
Steve

Old 08-31-2005, 08:01 PM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Hey guys, I think I'm in one of your weeks... not sure which as my Mini became "scheduled for production" on 18 August and is still there according to the Owner's Lounge. I'll check with my MA tomorrow to see if he has better info.

Steve: really nice Mini. John: its amazing how many JB Mini's are coming out just before the color disappears. Mine too. Nice choice!

I appreciate the ship tracking info. See y'all on the boat!
- john
05 MCS All Jet Black, Sport, Premium, more to come

Old 09-01-2005, 05:56 AM
JustDandy
4th Gear
Thanks

The curse begins! My MINI was checked in and booked this morning in South Hampton, bound for New York!

Thanks for the info.

BTW, link didn't work exactly, but I went to here: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto
and put in my VIN.

<EDIT> Same link, but you have to click it twice. First time generates an error.... Then put in the VIN </EDIT>

Old 09-01-2005, 05:59 AM
JustDandy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JC Scooper
Hey guys, I think I'm in one of your weeks... not sure which as my Mini became "scheduled for production" on 18 August and is still there according to the Owner's Lounge. I'll check with my MA tomorrow to see if he has better info.
The OL still shows mine as Scheduled for Production, too. My MA gave my my production week and actual final completion day (it was 8/31).

I lucked out on getting the JB. They had a spec car coming in and offered it to me - else I was stuck ordering an '06. I'll be getting the headlight rings, door handles and gas cap painted JB, too before taking delivery. Also, max legal tinting on the windows. I think it'll come out OK. I can't wait!

Old 09-01-2005, 10:50 AM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Thanks, John.
Before calling my MA this morning, I checked my order papers and found the scheduled production date indicated as week 35, but best of all I checked the OL once more and found my Mini is now "Awaiting Transport". Fantastic! :smile: :smile: I "selected" my Mini much the same way. I went to look at a DS/W but it had been sold so we looked over what was in the pipeline and since JB was my favorite just the week before, I went with it and have been so at peace since I got the color decision over with.
Sounds you are going totally black! Thats a great look, gives the car a neat "muscle mini" look. I'm probably going with some stripes once I decide on the pattern and color. Would like to stay with the traditional Cooper pattern in a silver shade or maybe frost, bonnet only.
Let me go try to find my ship.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:10 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
I'm a week 35 also... Done today and "Awaiting Transport"... Ordered on Aug 18th... MA changed a stock order on a non-bought 06 MCS to my specs and bumped up to priority 1... Mini started production on the 06 Astro Black/Silver top MCS on Aug 25th....

Now just got to wait until shipped to Hawaii via California....

Old 09-06-2005, 05:45 AM
JustDandy
4th Gear
Tracking the Toronto

Are you guys also on the Toronto? It left Southampton yesterday, bound for Baltimore, MD first. My stop is after that - New York - on 9/17.

I keep changing my mind about which dealer options to get, how much window tinting, whether to get the wheel arches painted, etc.

I've also started looking at the wheels/tires and possibly replacing them right out of the gate. As my wife says, I'm "obsessing" Darn right I am!

Old 09-06-2005, 11:15 AM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
jdandeneau, glad to hear that your MINI is now at sea. Shouldn't be long now. Mine is still on the dock :impatient per the OL and my MA this morning, but its gotta load up soon. Coming via Charleston SC I think.
-john
______
On order: 05MCS all Jet Black "awaiting transport"

Old 09-06-2005, 11:47 AM
JustDandy
4th Gear
Don't trust the OL

jdandeneau, glad to hear that your MINI is now at sea. Shouldn't be long now. Mine is still on the dock :impatient per the OL and my MA this morning, but its gotta load up soon. Coming via Charleston SC I think.
-john
______
On order: 05MCS all Jet Black "awaiting transport"
The OL update is notoriously behind by several days. Click the link above for the shipping line and put your VIN in for the Auto Cargo search. This is how I found out what ship I was on and what the ports of call were.

My OL "Find Your MINI" still shows it awaiting transport but the shipping line indicates that it left England already!

BTW, mine is also JB/B. Seems like a lot of us got in under the radar with the last '05s before no more JB!

john

Old 09-19-2005, 06:01 AM
JustDandy
4th Gear
It's ALMOST Here!

I've been bitten by the bug and cursed by the blessing of waiting for your MINI to arrive Thankfully, the Toronto cargo ship wasn't broadcasting its position across the Atlantic or I wouldn't have left home for days :smile:

So, by using Wallenius Willhelmsen's website I now know that my car was discharged from the ship last night in New York at 8:25pm!

So its off to the distribution processing center and then down to MINI of Sterling, VA by truck.

A couple of days for prep/aerokit and I wonder if I might have it by the weekend !

Got so anxious waiting for it that I spent yesterday applying Zaino to my wife's MINI and my Lincoln Navigator. Talk about a difference in surface area! I would do one panel area on the Navigator for every coat on the MINI

Hope your's is here soon, too!

john

Old 09-19-2005, 11:08 AM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Hey jdandeneau, congratulations on your MINI's disembarkation! Won't be long now.
It took me a while, but I finally found "Topper" had boarded the "Ingolstadt", K-Lines, which is due in Charleston over the next couple of days. Its scheduled to arrive today but I believe that slipped due to a delayed arrival in New York/Newark. So I hope to see Topper sometime next week! I don't have any dealer options that I am aware of to delay me. Now I have to get my Escape (mini SUV ) ready to sell. I can't imagine preparing a Navigator!
-john
______
enroute: 05MCS all Jet Black ("Topper")

Old 09-19-2005, 01:06 PM
JustDandy
4th Gear
Heresy?

I can't imagine preparing a Navigator!
-john
______
This is probably heresy on this board, but I'm keeping the Navigator, too

There definitely is a place and need for SUVs, even the larger ones like mine (though it could be argued that the leather isn't a necessity ). Since I rehab homes, I use my SUV for hauling a lot of stuff, plus it's the defacto hauler when taking the dogs somewhere.

I see you have an all Jet Black too I was just chatting with one of the SAs at my dealer and looks like I have THE last JB MINI they are selling. [While I was there, they had a new DS MINI with the new 18" black JCW wheels and the 255hp package - looked great, sounded great. Also had the PIAA lights with black cage.]

Tick, tick, tick, ARGHHH! Get here already

Old 09-19-2005, 05:48 PM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
In my view, nothing wrong with keeping the Navigator. I'd love to keep my Escape but I've promised it to my daughter and anyway in my situation can't justify both. I bought it to carry a kayak and/or a retriever but the MINI can do both too.
I'm pretty sure I got my dealer's last all JB spec 05. Had only two 05's remaining to order from or wait for a 2006. Topper has a bit more than I planned on but was about to start production so I grabbed him. Can't wait for him to arrive, just hopin Hurricane Rita won't get here at the same time!
- john
______

Old 09-21-2005, 01:12 PM
JustDandy
4th Gear
It's HERE!

Well, it arrived this morning at 6am at the dealer. I happened to be in the area and stopped by to see if it was on the lot. I have my VIN memorized, and this was the only new JB/B on the lot.

When I went in to visit my MA, he said the porter who checks in cars said mine hadn't arrived yet So I told him where to find it and get on it! A bit of prep and the AeroKit needs to go on, then I should have it for the weekend. Can you say Zaino party?

Old 09-21-2005, 09:21 PM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jdandeneau
Well, it arrived this morning at 6am at the dealer. I happened to be in the area and stopped by to see if it was on the lot. I have my VIN memorized, and this was the only new JB/B on the lot.

When I went in to visit my MA, he said the porter who checks in cars said mine hadn't arrived yet So I told him where to find it and get on it! A bit of prep and the AeroKit needs to go on, then I should have it for the weekend. Can you say Zaino party?

John, It's beeeeuuuutiful! Congratulations! Excellent choice of color. Happy motoring!

And.... I just visited the OL and found that "Topper" is finally at the Charleston VDC!:smile: :smile: :smile: Wooooo heeeee! I'm just glad he's there and not here, outdoors, in the path of Rita.
-john
______
at VDC: 05MCS all Jet Black ("Topper")

Old 09-28-2005, 02:26 PM
JustDandy
4th Gear
And here she is!

Picked it up on Saturday and finally got a chance to put some Zaino on it (check out that shine Gotta love Zaino)

Here she is parked in front of the wood I just finished spliltting at a barn in Great Falls, VA.

And I couldn't be happier

John

Old 09-28-2005, 07:45 PM
schulzmc
3rd Gear
Please don't tell us you loaded that wood in your MINI...

Old 09-29-2005, 04:36 AM
JustDandy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by schulzmc
Please don't tell us you loaded that wood in your MINI...
Did you know you can fit 1/2 cord of wood in a MINI?

No, no wood in the MINI. That chore is for my Navigator once we split it down small enough for the fireplace.

john

Old 09-30-2005, 06:22 PM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jdandeneau
Picked it up on Saturday and finally got a chance to put some Zaino on it (check out that shine Gotta love Zaino)

Here she is parked in front of the wood I just finished spliltting at a barn in Great Falls, VA.

And I couldn't be happier

John
Hey John, yours looks mighty fine with that aero kit. My MA called yesterday morning to tell me that "Topper" had finally arrived and I could have him last night! He is fantastic too, but spent today in the garage til I can sit with him again and go through the manual once more. Tomorrow should be a great day to begin our motoring!

I guess I am the last of the "eastern division" of Production Week 35 to report in.
-john
______
05 MCS all Jet Black ("Topper")