1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 04:04 PM
hostrow
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mini owner

Recently purchased a slightly used MCSC (You can find one if you look hard). It had only 2700 miles on it. It's dead mint. Paid MSRP for it. A guy traded it in on a Mercedes. Lord only knows why. There's no way that a Mercedes is going have near the fun factor as the MINI! It's a total blast to drive. I owned MG's in the 70's but they spent more time in my garage being fixed than on the road. For the money I can't believe how well engineered the car is. I was looking at JCW option but the stock S is plenty fast. I also like the comments from other motorists when I'm out and about. The original owner had the auxilary audio option installed. I can't live without my iPod so I bought a power adapter with a auxilary output and a wireless remote. It works great and is much cheaper than the Mini iPod option. Plus I can alway hook up a XM or Sirus if need be (I don't like FM transmitters!)

Here's what I (appear since the original invoice was not included) to have

Mini S Cabrio, Chili Red, Premium , Sport, Crono packages, Aero kit, Rubber mats, Cup holder, Auxilary audio input

Old 08-31-2005, 04:09 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to NAM!

XM is very cool. Clean install in MINI, no FM transmitter, hooks directly to the HU!