1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 34 8/22/05

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 06:38 PM
csperry
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production Week 34 8/22/05

Hi,

I thought I would start a thread for my baby called Brady. He is BRG s convertible with Nav and premium, cold weather and convieince package.
I live in CT so I should have Brady early October.

Hope others join my thread

Old 09-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Vernon29RW
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
hey csperry,
Fellow week 34 member here. My car is on the Maersk Wind and the Owners Lounge says expected delivery date of 9/15. How about you? I have become an official fellow geek member and I have found our ship! Go to this site and it will tell you where exactly the ship is in the Atlantic. If you are that much of a geek!! LOL Here's the link: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=S6TY I live on Long Island so I'm assuming our cars should be on the same boat. Hope to hear from you soon.

Steve

Old 09-05-2005, 07:56 PM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Howdy csperry and Vernon29RW,
I'm in week 35 and as of last Friday my "Topper" was awaiting transport :impatient, so hearing that Brady is on the high seas, can Topper be very far behind? This whole process is craaazy, just a little bit distracting, but lots of fun! I'm hoping for an update when everyone is back at work tomorrow.
-john
On order: 05MCS all Jet Black "awaiting transport"

Old 09-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Vernon29RW
5th Gear
Hey JC
Not sure if you know this or not but you can actually punch your vin number into the boat shipping company and you can see when the boat leaves the port and heading towards the usa. Mine is traveling on Wallenius Wilhelmsen. Not sure if everyone's mini rides on that companies boats but its worth a shot. Its quite aggravating though cuz you find yourself checking the status of your car 5 to 6 times a day!! But hey its all what makes owning a MINI unique. Have fun waiting as I am!

Steve

Old 09-07-2005, 10:14 AM
csperry
Neutral
Brady gets on the Otello 9/8/05

Well Brady missed some of the boats that his prod mates were on !

But he is sceduled for the Otello and due in to NYC on 9/17. I'm getting really excited.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:39 AM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Thanks Vernon for the ship tracking advice. I have been trying that all morning without success. Do I enter the VIN on the "Auto Cargo" screen? and should I enter the entire VIN or will the last 7 digits be enough? I'm trying it both ways and so far come up with no results. Maybe Topper really is still on the pier or maybe like you suggest there are more than one shipping lines involved. Maybe Brady and Topper went off to the Pub and missed the boat. Frustrating, but it is fun.

Old 09-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Vernon29RW
5th Gear
Hey JC
I dont know what to tell you other than maybe its not traveling on WW ships. WHen the owners lounge showed that I had a vin number I went to WW's website maybe a day or two later and I punched in teh whole vin in the auto cargo screen and it came up as "booked" I believe, then it changed to "billing information received" and then went to "loaded on vessel" and hasn't changed since then. THen I went to ShipWX.com and looked up the boat that my car was loaded onto and it came up on there and showed where it was in the Atlantic....all just too cool!!!! Sorry you guys didn't make the Maersk Wind..I guess I feel pretty lucky. Well we're still all family from build week 34. lol Take care,
Steve

Old 09-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Vernon29RW
5th Gear
Hey fellow week 34 members,

Just writing to tell you that my Mini arrived at the VDC on Friday morning and the eta to be delivered to my dealer is tomorrow 9/12/2005!!! Can't wait to start motoring. Also apologies about the info I gave as far as tracking your car across the ocean. Apparently my info that i got from fellow NAM members is comepletly incorrect because the ship I was tracking didn't sail into NY, NY its going to Galveston TX. Not sure exactly how that happened, but just wanted to apologize in case I sent some people on a wild goose chase. Take care and happy motoring,
Steve