1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awaiting delivery for '06 Cooper S!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 05:14 AM
MORTRBL
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awaiting delivery for '06 Cooper S!!!

Hello! Just ordered my Purple Haze MCS last week, at Mini of Sterling in VA, due at the end of October/ beginning of November. I can't wait!!! I am an avid auto enthusiast, but the Mini escaped my eye over the last few years because at first (I am ashamed to say) I dismissed it as a too-small, passing fad remake... (sorry! ) Then a month ago we drove one just out of curiosity, and Wow! I started visiting the dealer every weekend just to drive it again, and every time we looked at them I found more things to love about it, not to mention the common "permanent smile" from driving it around! Anyway, I am completely hooked and awaiting my production number...

Great web site and message forum ~ I look forward to trying some mods to increase hp and driving around endlessly in my Mini!

Old 09-05-2005, 10:00 AM
chrisfb1
5th Gear
i have an 06 mcs on order too. come and join us at the DCMM club.

i am in silver spring area

Old 09-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Hwydsgnr
3rd Gear
Waiting on 06 Too

I put a deposit down recently on the following 06 MCS:

Hyper Blue
Silver Roof
Silver Stripe
Sport Package
Chrome Mirrors
LSD
Armrest
S Mats Front/Boot

I wanted something a bit different, so I went with the silver roof/silver stripes. Looks like the first build for the silver stripes is week #40, the week of 10/3.

I am thinking about switching to a hyper blue or silver interior trim. Also thinking about the rear fog light to get rid of the black plug. Any thoughts on these possible additions?

Old 09-05-2005, 10:51 AM
sagworks
running with scissors
Congrats!

I am too awaiting my '06. Though mine got completed today . I ordered mine from Sterling as well, put the order in the second week of July. Now I have to wait for transport....

I agree with chrisfb1, join the DC mini club - good group of people!

Old 09-05-2005, 12:59 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM, Julie and hwydsgnr!

Julie, we forgive you for your early anti-MINI sins! LOL! Purple Haze is a beautiful color....great choice! Be sure to heed Chris' suggestion and join the DC Metro MINIs club....great group! They have a forum here on NAM.

hwydsgnr, I like the body-color interior trims....they are a wonderful option. And yes, add the rear fog. In addition to filling in the black plug area, it's a functional thing to have!

Clover

Old 09-05-2005, 02:07 PM
lucyred62
1st Gear
hi-
I just placed my order for an 06 mini cooper, and ordered the new solar red with silver top, but now I am not sure if i want to change it to space blue with checkmate package. any thoughts?

Old 09-06-2005, 07:04 AM
jdmarino
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I, too, just joined the club. My dealer (Westchester MINI) says I should get the car in early October. Given the wait times I've read about here, I'm wondering if they are pulling my leg.
  • MCS, silver roof (silver bonnet stripes to be installed by dealer; I could not wait for October's production!)
  • Black leatherette, silver dash
  • Sunroof
  • HK sound system
After reading about it on the web, I'm planning my own bluetooth install. I've never modified my car before, but given that the result is better (uses the MFSW) and I'd save about $650, I can't resist.

I can't drive a stick but I ordered one anyway (I test drove the MCSa) because many reviews suggested if there ever were a reason to learn to drive a stick, the MCS is it!