1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey there Mini Nation!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 06:51 AM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there Mini Nation!!

After cruising the northern burbs of Chicago for the last 4 months in my "new" MCC (and getting my share of grins and Mini salutes ) I decided to search for a Mini site and found you guys. I've seen quite a few Mini's up here and thought it would be cool to hook up for a cruise sometime. As far as car clubs, I'm REALLY new at this since my original ride was a mildly modified '94 saturn . my other car is a late '60's vw bug :smile:

I have a couple of questions for anyone... I bought my MCc from Carmax (only had 1K on it!) and I don't know when original delivery took place. Who can I contact to get this info so I'll know when to change the oil and stuff? Also, I want to remove the carmax sticker. Any suggestions ?

I've already found a lot of great info on the forums so keep up the good work.

MiniMac2005

Attached Thumbnails Hey there Mini Nation!!-minimac.jpg  
Old 09-05-2005, 01:21 PM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Welcome to NAM, MiniMac2005. Great looking MINI.
Everyone must be at picnics today so you will probably have to wait for a better answer til later. But I suggest making contact with your local Mini dealer (usually quite friendly and helpful) and asking if they can provide the information you want by tracing back with the VIN. You probably want to check them out for future service needs in any case. As for the Carmax sticker, I remember reading some posts about removing decals from the dash and from the sun screens so you might try looking for those with the search engine at the top of the screen. Good luck! :smile:

- john
0n order: 05MCS all Jet Black "awaiting transport"

Old 09-05-2005, 01:52 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi MiniMac...nice cabrio!!! First good pic of a BRG w/ a green roof...looks awesome!

For info on your car, take the key by a dealer, hopefully one you will use for service. They'll put the key into a gadget that can read all kinds of info about your MINI.

The Carmax stickers I've seen are simply vinyl letters...they just right peel off. Any residue can be easily wiped off...try a little WD40 or isopropyl alcohol.

Old 09-05-2005, 05:13 PM
m332is
3rd Gear
Heat it up with a hair dryer and peel it off. Goof Off or Goo Gone will take care of any residue.

Vince

Old 09-05-2005, 06:49 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Welcome on board

Old 09-06-2005, 04:38 PM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Thanks for the welcome! :smile: I'll try to post more pics.

Labor Day was definitley a cruising day in Chicagoland. I decided to drive out to Patrick Mini to see if I could catch any of the Mini's from CMMC who had a cruise scheduled. Unfortunately, my daughter got hungery and we ended up across the street @ Portillo's (gr8 hot dogs btw...). b4 taking off, I spoke to a rep & he was able to pull up the reported history of my MINI. Original owner took delivery 12/31/04. It has the sport and cold climate package (heated seats.. really handy!) Leather seats (cordoba beige combo). He hadn't seen a MCC w/green top in person.. he was quite impressed. Finally, we were able to see a nice caravan of Mini's pull out of the lot to start their cruise. What a sight! :smile:

Hopefully I'll catch the next CMMC cruise in the Fall. See ya on the street! FrancMac

Old 09-06-2005, 08:38 PM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JC Scooper
Welcome to NAM, MiniMac2005. Great looking MINI.
Everyone must be at picnics today so you will probably have to wait for a better answer til later. But I suggest making contact with your local Mini dealer (usually quite friendly and helpful) and asking if they can provide the information you want by tracing back with the VIN. You probably want to check them out for future service needs in any case. As for the Carmax sticker, I remember reading some posts about removing decals from the dash and from the sun screens so you might try looking for those with the search engine at the top of the screen. Good luck! :smile:

- john
Thanks John! Actually, I went cruising Labor Day also... Went to a MINI dealer and got the info I needed. Didn't realize they would be open on a holiday . I'll try removing the decals after it rains tomorrow. A lot of good tips in the forums. :smile: FrancMac

Old 09-06-2005, 09:08 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In case the dealer didn't point it out, the plate on the inside of the driver's door frame has your MINI's "born on" date. And the miles remaining to your free 10,000 mile service display briefly in the odometer window for a few seconds when you turn the car on.

Also, make sure you check out the Chicago forum here, and I believe the Chicago MINI club has a website as well.

Welcome! And nice cabrio!
Chris

Old 09-07-2005, 03:46 AM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Originally Posted by chrisnl
In case the dealer didn't point it out, the plate on the inside of the driver's door frame has your MINI's "born on" date.
I didn't know that. I'll have to check that out today. It's kinda funny when I think back to my test drive @ Carmax. The salesperson didn't know any of the gadgets on the cabrio. The PDC freaked me out the first time it beeped!! All I knew was once I sat in the cockpit, I wanted a MINI I couldn't get the smile off my face when I drove off to get my saturn title

Originally Posted by chrisnl
Also, make sure you check out the Chicago forum here, and I believe the Chicago MINI club has a website as well.

Welcome! And nice cabrio!
Chris
I tried to catch the Chicago group (CMMC) see my previous post. Granted, I didn't tell them I was coming but I'm sure they saw me. The cabrio is hard to miss :smile:. Thanks for the welcome Chris! FrancMac

Old 09-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! Looks like all your questions have been answered so I won't repeat....just wanted to say Hello and Happy Motoring from Cabrio owner to another....

Donna

Old 09-08-2005, 04:30 AM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Hey ther MINI Nation (Chicago)

Originally Posted by Donna/Mike
Welcome aboard!!! Looks like all your questions have been answered so I won't repeat....just wanted to say Hello and Happy Motoring from Cabrio owner to another....

Donna
Thanks Donna I'll post more pics this weekend once I get it back. I loaned the cabrio to a friend who's thinking of getting a MINI too. In exchange for my generosity or insanity (you have NO idea how hard it was to hand over the keys ) they made a charitable donation for me. I guess if this act of kindness spawns a new MINI owner, why not?

From one Cabrio owner to another, thanks for the warm welcome!! :smile: FrancMac

Old 09-08-2005, 05:38 AM
Call
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to this insanity called MINIville. Your pic sure shows a nice MINI. I am sure you will have a LOF. I just got my PS/B MCS Cabrio 2 weeks ago and haven't driven with the top up yet. Seems to handle differently from my other MCS JB/JB. Of coarse it's mod'ed out for the track but even trying to remember when I first got it, the Cabrio does handle and ride differently.

Get into at least one of the local clubs. Usually the MINI people are great and they will help you "understand" your MINI better.

BTW Chicago is a great town. Can't wait to visit, again.

Enjoy

Old 09-08-2005, 07:50 AM
jf1972
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMac2005
After cruising the northern burbs of Chicago for the last 4 months in my "new" MCC (and getting my share of grins and Mini salutes ) I decided to search for a Mini site and found you guys. I've seen quite a few Mini's up here and thought it would be cool to hook up for a cruise sometime. As far as car clubs, I'm REALLY new at this since my original ride was a mildly modified '94 saturn . my other car is a late '60's vw bug :smile:

I have a couple of questions for anyone... I bought my MCc from Carmax (only had 1K on it!) and I don't know when original delivery took place. Who can I contact to get this info so I'll know when to change the oil and stuff? Also, I want to remove the carmax sticker. Any suggestions ?

I've already found a lot of great info on the forums so keep up the good work.

MiniMac2005
Hi MiniMac2005,

We have the exact same car.(almost/see pic) I know there is only 2 of the exact same color combo in Ontario, Canada.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:38 PM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Call
Welcome to this insanity called MINIville. Your pic sure shows a nice MINI. I am sure you will have a LOF. I just got my PS/B MCS Cabrio 2 weeks ago and haven't driven with the top up yet. Seems to handle differently from my other MCS JB/JB. Of coarse it's mod'ed out for the track but even trying to remember when I first got it, the Cabrio does handle and ride differently.
Thanks for the warm welcome Call!! I like that... MINIville. I wonder if I can get that on a plate :smile: I was looking to test drive a MCS. I REALLY wanted one and had finally convinced the wife to let me try one. I really didn't expect to find the Cabrio. I drove it through a winding forest preserve road was hooked. That'll be the last time she lets me take a day off w/o her . Who knows what I'll come home with next time . MinMac2005

Old 09-08-2005, 05:52 PM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jf1972
Hi MiniMac2005,

We have the exact same car.(almost/see pic) I know there is only 2 of the exact same color combo in Ontario, Canada.
hey jf1972, your car looks great!
The color combo (inside and out) is really unique. These cars are as much fun to drive as they are to look at. I drove to ONT a few months ago (Barrie & Toronto) and eyed a few MINI's and Smart cars. I would have loved to drive the cabrio on the roads of Collingwood. Next time :smile: . I've yet to see another BRG/G MCc in the area. Let me know if you're ever in Chicagoland and we'll cruise LSD. MiniMac2005

Old 09-09-2005, 07:02 AM
jf1972
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMac2005
hey jf1972, your car looks great!
The color combo (inside and out) is really unique. These cars are as much fun to drive as they are to look at. I drove to ONT a few months ago (Barrie & Toronto) and eyed a few MINI's and Smart cars. I would have loved to drive the cabrio on the roads of Collingwood. Next time :smile: . I've yet to see another BRG/G MCc in the area. Let me know if you're ever in Chicagoland and we'll cruise LSD. MiniMac2005
Hi MiniMac2005,

We will sure do that when I have a chance to get to Chicago. The car(mine for now because I bought this as my wife's present and she is letting me drive it for now) is a real head turner. Whereever I go, people slows down to catch a look at the car and me of course. One time, a guy was driving his Boxster and was paying too much attention to my car and almost got himself in an accident.

The beige interior is very nice but such a hassale to keep it clean. I have the same beige interior in my Lexus and it's pretty easy to clean. But I am enjoying every minute of it.