1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 40!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 07:15 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
I would call your dealership, to find out that information you may need to talk to the Motoring Manager. They should be able to tell you the current shipping status.

Old 11-02-2005, 09:42 AM
micahbones
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pengrayghost
So jealous. Most of the wk 40 peoplr have gotten their cars and the cars look wonderful. I think mine is on the Nov 11 NYK shipto CA. I saw the other day that the arrival date of the Nov 6 NYK ship had slipped to the 8th. Any one know about the sacond NYK ship?
Keep the faith Grayghost! I probably won't take delivery of my week 40 MCS until the week of Nov. 21-26 -- it's scheduled to arrive in CA on Nov. 11, then has to be processed, shipped to CO, and finally prepped at the dealer (although that should be minimal because I am only getting rubber floor mats, a glovebox organizer, and the factory iPod interface for accessories).

Old 11-02-2005, 09:47 AM
jlapenna
1st Gear
I'm still waiting on mine, I called yesterday and it turns out my sales guy quit! I have to go to the dealer tonight to find out what's going on.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Digital
1st Gear
Dishcharged from the ship @ 4:00 P.M. today...let the NAIL BITING BEGIN!!!!

Old 11-02-2005, 06:51 PM
jlapenna
1st Gear
Friday. 11/4/2005. 7:30pm. My first Mini. My first new car. The last time I drive my '94 Taurus.

I can't wait.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:01 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Congratulations! ...and here I was getting excited about the last days of my '02.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Timzmini
1st Gear
Port to Port Shipping Time

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on shipping time from Port to Port (Hueneme).

I purchased a 2006 MCS from Penatagon Car Sales in Germany that was supposedly a Week 40 production. I've seen that a lot of folks in Week 40 are already receiving their cars but I'm being told that my Mini isn't even on a ship yet and I probably won't see it until Mid/Late December.

Can anyone shed some light on the shipping for me?

Thanks for the help.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:55 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Welcome to the week 40 thread Tim.

Average shipping time from Southampton to Port Hueneme is 23 days according to the schedules section of the WW site.

The first week 40 MINIs are due into Port Hueneme on 11/8. It's been awesome seeing everyone get their MINIs, but I know those of us in the Western U.S. are getting increasingly :impatient as we wait for our MINIs to show up.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:22 AM
Timzmini
1st Gear
DiD,

Thanks...any estimate on time to cross the Atlantic to Southampton? That way I can get an idea on the entire shipping time.

I'm not sure when my MCS is even getting on a ship. Since I purchased it through Pentagon Car Sales, in Germany, it winds up going through a company named "E.H. Harms" for shipment to the states...which I think is different than Minis purchased through US dealerships.

Any information you have would be super. I am definitely getting :impatient

Thanks again,

Last edited by Timzmini; 11-03-2005 at 07:28 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-03-2005, 07:32 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Originally Posted by Timzmini
DiD,

Thanks...any estimate on time to cross the Atlantic to Southampton? That way I can get an idea on the entire shipping time.
I'm not sure I understand. Southampton is the port that MINI uses in the U.K. (built in Oxford, shipped from Southampton). Total time from Southampton across the atlantic, through the panama canal, and over to port hueneme is 23 days.

Is your car being shipped from Southampton to Germany and then from Germany to Port Hueneme?

Old 11-03-2005, 07:32 AM
pengrayghost
1st Gear
two nyk ships due

West coasters, according to my Motoring Supervisor there are two NYK Line ships due in to the CA. port, first one on 11/7 now and the second " a couple of days later".
The Portland dealer, Rassmussen MINI has 50 plus cars on the two ships and our wait time will be greatly influenced by the order in which they are offloaded and enter the VDC. Sorry folks but I caqn't help but hope that mine is the first one off. Deposit paid and ordered June 7.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Timzmini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by DiD
I'm not sure I understand. Southampton is the port that MINI uses in the U.K. (built in Oxford, shipped from Southampton). Total time from Southampton across the atlantic, through the panama canal, and over to port hueneme is 23 days.

Is your car being shipped from Southampton to Germany and then from Germany to Port Hueneme?
Oh, I see how I confused things. My vehicle is in Germany already and will ship from Bremerhaven (I'm sure I butchered that spelling) to Port Hueneme. Since I'm not going the normal US purchase route I wasn't aware that Southampton was the UK port....definitely my bad.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:57 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Originally Posted by Timzmini
My vehicle is in Germany already and will ship from Bremerhaven (I'm sure I butchered that spelling) to Port Hueneme.
Oh, cool. No worries about the confusion. It's all sorted now.

According to the shipping schedules on the WW site it takes 26 days on average (by the way they route) to go from Bremerhaven to Port Hueneme. Your mileage may vary.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:00 AM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
More hand-wringing....:impatient The dealer called today and said he got the first truckload off of my boat last night so "expects" my car and the rest of them in today. I really hoped to get it by the weekend so there's still a chance.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:12 PM
roymo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pengrayghost
West coasters, according to my Motoring Supervisor there are two NYK Line ships due in to the CA. port, first one on 11/7 now and the second " a couple of days later".
The Portland dealer, Rassmussen MINI has 50 plus cars on the two ships and our wait time will be greatly influenced by the order in which they are offloaded and enter the VDC. Sorry folks but I caqn't help but hope that mine is the first one off. Deposit paid and ordered June 7.
That's great info - thanks for clarifying!! I was beginning to wonder if there were really two ships due in next week.
You've been waiting longer than I have (ordered end of July), so feel free to cut in line in front of my MINI!

Old 11-03-2005, 08:10 PM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mtbscott
More hand-wringing....:impatient The dealer called today and said he got the first truckload off of my boat last night so "expects" my car and the rest of them in today. I really hoped to get it by the weekend so there's still a chance.
The call at 6:30 said nothing more arrived today...still a chance if it gets there tomorrow, I can get it tomorrow evening or Saturday.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:32 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Port Hueneme Update

According to my MM (Jennifer at South Bay MINI ) the first ship for those of us in week 40 is due into port on 11/8.

The second ship however has slipped from 11/11 to an 11/17 arrival at Port Hueneme.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:37 PM
micahbones
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DiD
Port Hueneme Update

The second ship however has slipped from 11/11 to an 11/17 arrival at Port Hueneme.
Dammit -- that sucks! Looks like a Dec. delivery for me could actually become a reality...

Old 11-04-2005, 04:13 PM
regranaas
1st Gear
Originally Posted by DiD
Port Hueneme Update

According to my MM (Jennifer at South Bay MINI ) the first ship for those of us in week 40 is due into port on 11/8.

I got a call from Long Beach MINI this afternoon, telling me our car would be "arriving the week of the 15th." I was also asked our preferences for the FOB (e.g., doors auto-lock when the car drives away, auto-opening of windows, etc.).

Congratulations to all of you that have gotten your cars already. A beautiful bunch, they are!

Old 11-04-2005, 04:44 PM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Woe is me. Nothing arrived at the dealership today. The assistant manager says it's not totally impossible that it will arrive tomorrow and they have personnel to do PDI on Saturdays, but probably not until next week now.

Old 11-05-2005, 04:38 AM
hoopi
3rd Gear
Trip is Half Done, More Pics

The Mini's are half way home. Here's a picture from Missouri yesterday...tonight they are sitting outside in the cold weather here in Nebraska! 1200 miles already, and all I can say is "WOW!!!!!!!!!!" once the engine is broken in a bit, it REALLY has a lot more power than I expected. I test drove an "S" before, but it's not until you have to go 0-80 on an on-ramp that you realize just how much juice is under the hood!

Gas mileage is averaging right at 30 mpg, not quite the "32" - but I seriously doubt the EPA expected 70-80mph and hills when they come up with those numbers! My mileage will probably be better when I'm not driving so fast.

Old 11-05-2005, 05:19 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
They look great. Have a great trip the rest of the way home.

That photo reminds me of June 2002. I flew out to NY from Denver to take delivery of my MCS. Somewhere in the middle of no where in Ohio while I was getting gas another MCS pulled in. (remember this was june '02 and the MCS just went on sale in May) Turns out the guy had flown out from Denver to Boston tak delivery of his MCS and was driving it back. Later in the trip back we figured out that he worked at the same company as a friend of mine.

Old 11-05-2005, 10:07 AM
regranaas
1st Gear
Originally Posted by DiD
They look great. Have a great trip the rest of the way home.

That photo reminds me of June 2002. I flew out to NY from Denver to take delivery of my MCS. Somewhere in the middle of no where in Ohio while I was getting gas another MCS pulled in. (remember this was june '02 and the MCS just went on sale in May) Turns out the guy had flown out from Denver to Boston tak delivery of his MCS and was driving it back. Later in the trip back we figured out that he worked at the same company as a friend of mine.
Great story! Small world, and all that stuff.

Old 11-05-2005, 12:22 PM
warrenhud
Neutral
Pictures

Greetings week 40 owners.And her she is! MC PW/B with Octogon Panther Black cloth, anthracite headliner,convenience package,DSC,multi function wheel,chrome line,interior surface seven,F&R fog lights,xenon,chrono,H/K sound.Added 17" S-lites with 215/45/17 Firestone wide oval tires.

I'm very happy with the way it came out. the pictures don't do justice to how beautiful the gloss black interior is with the panther black seats. The chrome bits spice it up a bit and I am suprised how supportive the non sport seats are.

The car came without a scratch or mark and drives like a dream. The larger wheels/sticky tires made a noticeable difference in handling while still offering a comfortable ride. The MC is a very high quality car and I'm quite frankly shocked they can sell it for they do.Can't wait to get her broken in and have some real fun!!

Attached Thumbnails Production Week 40!-mini2.jpg   Production Week 40!-mini13.jpg   Production Week 40!-mini10.jpg  
Old 11-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Bilbo-Baggins
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked up my SB/S MCS today. It is everything that I had hoped it would be. Pictures to follow. Planning a nice drive for Sunday morning up thru some prime leaf peeping country.

Quick Reply: Production Week 40!