1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 40!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 02:57 PM
KDO
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey DiD

There is connection to our MINI and Lydia. See if you can figure it out. BTW still no VIN.

KDO

PH/W MCS PP SP CWP

Old 09-20-2005, 03:12 PM
micahbones
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DiD
I'll be back in the Denver area for Christmas and planning on bringing my camera.
Cool, keep me posted on when you'll be here, as I'd love to go take some shots in and around the Denver area (seems like there would be some good photo ops at Red Rocks, for example). Will you be driving here in your new Mini? I'll be psyched to check out Solar Red -- what color roof?

BTW, for those that don't know DiD = Dave in Denver...
Didn't know that, but makes sense given your knowledge of Denver lore. I was wondering how you knew about the Zephyrs...

Old 09-20-2005, 05:28 PM
DRB4381
1st Gear
Originally Posted by KDO
Checked the OL this morning, and still no VIN or options. Called Ask MINI, the guy said it could be in production now ( I don't think so ), oh well. It is just that neo and I ordered at the same time and he has his VIN. Picture a guy lying on the floor kicking and crying " But neo has his, I want my VIN, I want my options". Now you have an idea what it's like around here. How about you DRB4381, have you seen your VIN yet?
KDO
The guy I talked to at "Ask MINI" told me that the VIN does not get assigned unitl the car is near production. Not sure if that is true, but that's what he told me.

Old 09-20-2005, 05:29 PM
neorants
1st Gear
Originally Posted by KDO
Checked the OL this morning, and still no VIN or options. Called Ask MINI, the guy said it could be in production now ( I don't think so ), oh well. It is just that neo and I ordered at the same time and he has his VIN. Picture a guy lying on the floor kicking and crying " But neo has his, I want my VIN, I want my options". Now you have an idea what it's like around here. How about you DRB4381, have you seen your VIN yet?

KDO
If it makes you feel any better, I still don't have my options showing up.

Old 09-21-2005, 01:25 AM
Teeboner
Neutral
Hey week 40 buddies! Got a Space Blue MCS with silver roof and bonnet stripes, Premium and Checkmate packages, LSD, HK, Anthracite trim, and rear fog on the way.

Haven't named my guy yet, but I'll think of something. Can't wait. :smile:

Old 09-21-2005, 04:39 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't know if I am week 40 or not, but the order has been placed. I hope to have a production number real soon. However, I have named my baby to be...

Drum roll please....

Chiquita

My wife is latin and we thought it was appropriate.

Old 09-21-2005, 06:24 AM
KDO
2nd Gear
neorants

Thanks neo I needed that. I just wish I would stop obsessively looking that OL several time per day, hoping that something has changed. Also I'm going through the same thing with my company car (blue Dodge Magnum). It was ordered 8/15 and still no production date.

KDO

Old 09-21-2005, 06:50 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by KDO
There is connection to our MINI and Lydia. See if you can figure it out. BTW still no VIN.

KDO

PH/W MCS PP SP CWP
Ah, you got me. What's the connection?

Old 09-21-2005, 07:21 AM
Bilbo-Baggins
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just found out yesterday that I was week 40.

I have a DS/W MCS w/DSC, LSD, OBC, MFSW, CWP, front & rear fogs on order.

Now I'm having second thoughts on the color. Ohhhh the torment, the anguish, the confusion

Old 09-21-2005, 07:25 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Originally Posted by Bilbo-Baggins
I just found out yesterday that I was week 40.

I have a DS/W MCS w/DSC, LSD, OBC, MFSW, CWP, front & rear fogs on order.

Now I'm having second thoughts on the color. Ohhhh the torment, the anguish, the confusion
I'm sure you'll be happy with DS/W.

more DS/W photos here

Old 09-21-2005, 07:35 AM
The Short Bus
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Teeboner
Hey week 40 buddies! Got a Space Blue MCS with silver roof and bonnet stripes, Premium and Checkmate packages, LSD, HK, Anthracite trim, and rear fog on the way.

Haven't named my guy yet, but I'll think of something. Can't wait. :smile:
Pepsi. I was just looking at my pepsi can, and it has the word Pepsi in silver, on a dark blue can :smile:

Old 09-21-2005, 09:32 AM
Dharkey
Neutral
MCS 06 ordered Sept. 9, 2005

I ordered my Chili Red on Sept. 9 and it's in the paint shop scheduled to be finished Thur. Sept. 22!

Don't know how long it will take to ship to Charleston and truck to Memphis, TN.

Maybe I got lucky!

Old 09-21-2005, 09:36 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Originally Posted by Dharkey
I ordered my Chili Red on Sept. 9 and it's in the paint shop scheduled to be finished Thur. Sept. 22!
That sounds like week 39.

Week 40 is for Oct 2 production complete.

Old 09-21-2005, 06:35 PM
jsound
2nd Gear
My parents ordered my Chili Red / Black MINI Cooper S with the factory JCW kit last Sunday. I'm dying to get my production number! How long did it take for you guys to get them?

Old 09-22-2005, 07:15 AM
Dharkey
Neutral
Production #

I ordered my chili red/white top on Sept. 9, called my salesman just a couple of days later and had the production number.

I went to the Owners Lounge and punched in my production number to check status. Not much info there. I called the phone number at Mini and found out that my car was being painted on Sept. 20 and scheduled to be complete today....Sept. 21.

I'm sure it's going to be a couple of weeks on ship and 3-4 days to Memphis, TN before I can pick it up.

Old 09-22-2005, 07:44 AM
neorants
1st Gear
I had my production number a few hours after I placed the order. They called me with it when I got home.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:53 AM
chrisfb1
5th Gear
i have been track on this thread for a while. i guess i should introduce myself.

I am Chris aka(chrisfb1) i used to have the DS/W MCS still in my sig under this.
i am getting a Hyper Blue/HB MCS/ winter package/Anth interior/JCW
I got my production number after i ordered my car in the morning few weeks ago. since this is not my first MINI i kind of dont really serious about tracking on it like the first one. this couple of day i think the fever has came back. i have been tracking it every day.

anyone knows if there will be an alarm ready for the 06s?? it happened to my 04 and friends 05 when it came and there is no alarm ready for the new year. hope this dont happen to the 06s

Old 09-22-2005, 01:25 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
UPDATE

The OL still shows the same old same old ("on order", my production number, no VIN, the exterior color and seating, but no options).

However, I just got off the phone with ASK MINI and I can now report that:
  • Production started this morning on my week 40 Solar Red / Silver MC
  • ASK MINI provided me with my MINI's VIN :smile:
  • All of my options are correct (I had them read me back what they had listed over the phone).

Old 09-22-2005, 02:42 PM
micahbones
3rd Gear
yee haw

That's exciting news DiD! I hope mine follows yours shortly thereafter, and maybe our cars will be on the same boat since they will both be heading to the West coast.

(checked with ASK-MINI today, and mine is still just scheduled for week 40 with no VIN)

Old 09-22-2005, 04:48 PM
neorants
1st Gear
D'oh! I just called Ask MINI today to verify options. They didn't pull up the same options I had ordered, so I was concerned. Called D&R and they found out I had been given the wrong production number! Turns out when the dealer gave me my production number they were looking at someone else with the same last name. Didn't hear back from my MA yet, but I scoured through my old e-mails and found my real production number in the automated mail sent from MINI. The bad news: they weren't able to push me through at week 40! I'm at week 45 according to the friendly folks at Ask MINI. By the way, I spoke to two people in two calls and both were incredibly professional, and sounded genuinely friendly -- they must really enjoy their jobs! The building I work for is a call center environment and we would kill to recruit people as good as the folks working at Ask MINI!

So, anyway, it looks like, barring an act of God, I am not going to be joining you guys in week 40 after all. :(

Old 09-22-2005, 04:56 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Bummer. Damn. I'm so sorry to hear that. freakin week 45.

Old 09-22-2005, 05:15 PM
jsound
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by neorants
D'oh! I just called Ask MINI today to verify options. They didn't pull up the same options I had ordered, so I was concerned. Called D&R and they found out I had been given the wrong production number! Turns out when the dealer gave me my production number they were looking at someone else with the same last name. Didn't hear back from my MA yet, but I scoured through my old e-mails and found my real production number in the automated mail sent from MINI. The bad news: they weren't able to push me through at week 40! I'm at week 45 according to the friendly folks at Ask MINI. By the way, I spoke to two people in two calls and both were incredibly professional, and sounded genuinely friendly -- they must really enjoy their jobs! The building I work for is a call center environment and we would kill to recruit people as good as the folks working at Ask MINI!

So, anyway, it looks like, barring an act of God, I am not going to be joining you guys in week 40 after all. :(
Wow that really sucks man! I'm hoping for week 40, but if you didn't get it while ordering before I did, then how am I knowing that I ordered this past Sunday!

Anyone know how the production cue works anyways? Does each dealer have a specific cue or is it one huge massive cue so whomever put their order in first gets in first no matter where they are ordering from.

Old 09-22-2005, 05:50 PM
regranaas
1st Gear
I also spoke with a live person at ASK-MINI today, after waiting patiently for information to appear at the OL (just color/seating) and using the automated system (only says "scheduled for production). Our car is, in fact, scheduled for production week 40 (as our MA told us awhile back), all options are correct . I was also told there's a chance production could possibly move up, if there's a cancellation.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:16 PM
chrisfb1
5th Gear
ok guys take it easy
first of all. it was great news that we start seeing the VINs.

next about the 45 week.
i called and i was told the same thing. week 45. i ask the guy on the phone why it take so long. and he explained to me the same thing from what i heard few years back when i had my 04! then he realized that he told me the wrong info. it was week 40 after all.

My advice, calm down and go to sleep and call them again and ask them what is the dates for you build week. you might find a good answer.
i can;t say they were wrong today when you guys called, but i could say they might look the wrong date or wrong week.

I need to call them tomorrow to see if i have a VIN yet! nothing for today!

Old 09-22-2005, 06:22 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Originally Posted by regranaas
I also spoke with a live person at ASK-MINI today, after waiting patiently for information to appear at the OL (just color/seating) and using the automated system (only says "scheduled for production). Our car is, in fact, scheduled for production week 40, all options are correct (as our MA told us awhile back). I was also told there's a chance production could possibly move up, if there's a cancellation.
Very nice. Given that your MINI is headed to Dana Point and mine to L.A. they should share a ship together if everything works out.

Quick Reply: Production Week 40!