1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 40!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 05:04 PM
MORTRBL
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production Week 40!

Finally got a production # from the dealer, week 40! Anybody else??? They said production would start by Oct. 3rd. I am soooo excited about getting my MCS; driving the Honda around just reminds me of how boring it is compared to the MINI! Thanks for the info in my previous post re: the DC-area Mini Club, I will be sure to join soon.

Hey, here's a question... I bought a book about MINI and its history/current production which was published in 2002. In it, it states that owners awaiting delivery are contacted about what music they like so the radio can be preset and a compilation CD would be in the car when it's picked up. Is this true? I thought that was a cute idea... The manufacturing information is quite interesting too; after reading about it, I would like to take a tour of the Oxford plant someday! Anyway, it's nice to know that such thought and care has been put into the production of our cars. I am curious to see the changes in the engine proposed for 2007 models, although I feel more comfortable buying one that has been around for the last few model years. Well, I should probably start looking at other threads for that type of discussion, but thanks for the warm welcome, and Happy Motoring!

Old 09-08-2005, 07:59 PM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm in week 40, hope to have my car by Thanksgiving. Royal Grey/Royal Grey MCS with spacecloth interior, JCW package, HK, multifunction wheel, rear foglight, and auto AC. Have production number but no set date yet.

Old 09-08-2005, 08:12 PM
SB
6th Gear
Congratulations on your upcoming MINI, JulieAnn1270.

I haven't heard of radio stations being tuned to your liking but I wouldn't put it past a good MA to do this for you if you ask. :smile: Then again, mine would probably do just the opposite of my liking just to pick on me. That reminds me, I need to call him after midnight, he should be asleep, to see if my car is in yet.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:36 PM
jlapenna
1st Gear
I might be week 40 . . . I was given a product number back in August, but I've been sitting at "on order" since then. I called Ask Mini the day before yesterday and they told me week forty, then I called again yesterday to confirm my options and they said I hadn't been scheduled yet. I don't know what is up.

When did you order yours, from where?

Old 09-08-2005, 10:10 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
My next MINI is in week 40 as well. Solar Red / Silver Roof

Currently I have basic specs listed in the owners lounge, but most of the options aren't showing up yet. That's to be expected. It should all change a couple weeks before production. No worries.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:19 AM
minibot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DiD
My next MINI is in week 40 as well. Solar Red / Silver Roof

Currently I have basic specs listed in the owners lounge, but most of the options aren't showing up yet. That's to be expected. It should all change a couple weeks before production. No worries.
Just trolling around. Congrats, though another MINI? Jealous. Anyway, having just gone through, the OL still doesn't list my options (just that it's Space Blue), even though according to my MA and MINIUSA, my MINI's sitting in Southampton waiting for a ride.

Maybe it should carpool. *ducks flying tomatoes*

Old 09-09-2005, 05:36 AM
Bwana Yak
1st Gear
1-866-ASK-MINI will be able to give you a more up-to-date status on your vehicle, although the automated system doesn't go into any detail. They told me that my MINI went into production, while the Owner's Lounge still said it was only scheduled for production. Even when my MINI had come out of production the Owner's Lounge still said only that it was scheduled for production. I suspect they update that on a daily basis, not by the minute (as we so desperately need :smile: ).

Once it leaves production, celebrate for a bit then head over to www.2wglobal.com to check the shipping status. Under the Customer Centre menu, select Cargo Tracking, then track by Auto Cargo, then plug in your VIN.

Old 09-09-2005, 07:04 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Originally Posted by minibot
Just trolling around. Congrats, though another MINI? Jealous.
I'll be selling my '02 MCS once my MC shows up. :smile:

Originally Posted by minibot
Anyway, having just gone through, the OL still doesn't list my options (just that it's Space Blue), even though according to my MA and MINIUSA, my MINI's sitting in Southampton waiting for a ride.

Maybe it should carpool. *ducks flying tomatoes*
He'll be here all week folks.

Old 09-12-2005, 11:26 AM
micahbones
3rd Gear
just received the word...

...that my '06 MCS (Space Blue/Silver, cloth, cold weather, LSD, xenons, MFSW, front and rear fogs) is scheduled for production week 40!

It's kinda crazy, but I literally can't remember the last time I was this giddy with anticipation (probably when I got my first BB gun for Christmas many, many moons ago). Color choice was killin' me, as I kept debating betweem CR/W (classic, no extra cost), HB/W, and SB/S. Finally went with SB after seeing a sample at Schomp Mini -- was originally worried it was too dark, but after seeing the small 3x3 square in person decided it should look great in the many sunny days we get on the Front Range of Colorado.

I will look forward to getting together with the 5280 crowd, in addition to visiting Webb Motorsports for a few little "additions."

Now I only wish it would get here in time to attend the Phil Wicks driving academy event at Laguna Seca in mid-Dec -- that would make the perfect "break-in" trip to start its life with some proper good mojo...

Old 09-12-2005, 11:31 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Originally Posted by micahbones
Now I only wish it would get here in time to attend the Phil Wicks driving academy event at Laguna Seca in mid-Dec -- that would make the perfect "break-in" trip to start its life with some proper good mojo...
I would think that shouldn't be a problem. Week 40 is early in October. I'm fully expecting to have my car by Mid November. Even with the extra shipment to Denver you should have a car before Thanksgiving I would think.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:09 PM
micahbones
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DiD
I would think that shouldn't be a problem. Week 40 is early in October. I'm fully expecting to have my car by Mid November. Even with the extra shipment to Denver you should have a car before Thanksgiving I would think.
Wow, if true that's good news! When I placed the final order Schomp Mini in Denver told me to expect late Dec/early Jan for delivery.

That adds some urgency to selling my current vehicle, a '98 GTI VR6. Any interested readers who want to help me out, or who know someone looking for a good, affordable, quick hatchback (so your spouse, friend, or son/daughter can have a intermediate car before they move on up to a Mini check out the for sale post here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2174767

Thanks!

BTW DiD your photography is outstanding...

Old 09-12-2005, 01:06 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
I don't understand why they are saying it would be out in late December with a week 40 build. I guess I would confirm with MINIUSA that you have a week 40 build attached to your production number.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:50 PM
micahbones
3rd Gear
Just talked to the dealer -- they confirmed production week 40 and slightly revised their delivery estimate to mid-Dec. They said after production is completed the car can take a while to actually be loaded onto the ship (as late as early Nov), then three weeks overseas from England to Cali, then sit in port for several days, and finally take up to 10 days be trucked from Cali to Colorado. Perhaps they are using the most conservative estimate, and that way customers are nicely surprised if their Mini arrives early?

Old 09-13-2005, 07:29 AM
KDO
2nd Gear
Julie Ann

Julie Ann,
Nice to see another 6 MCS PH/W out there, I have not seen one in person. This is a birthday gift to my wife and she loves purple. We are a week 40 production as well, so maybe they will be on the boat together. We ordered on Saturday Sept. 10, got production # the afternoon of the 12th, called 866-ask-mini and found out that we are week 40. Looking foward to a group MINI gestation, development, and delivery experience. If you have read any of the other threads ( especially week 36 ), they found out the ships the MINIs were on and how to track them across the big pond. So maybe we can benefit from their research. Have not named the MINI yet, but working on it. Lets have fun some fun here.

Thanks,
KDO
06 MCS PH/W/WBS/WM,CWP,PP,SP, Space Gray/Panther Black Cloth, Anthracite Interior Surface

PS: here is a site with pics of the different color combos
http://www.sjbaker.org/telamom/colours/

Old 09-13-2005, 10:33 AM
neorants
1st Gear
Week 40 here!

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while, as I considered purchasing my first MINI. Took the plunge on Saturday and I'm scheduled for production during week 40! Factory JCW kit doesn't start production till week 40, so their system wouldn't let them squeeze me into week 39. Getting a CR/B MCS JCW, "Seven" black interior with a body color shift ****. Going for the black on red exterior and red on black interior -- in my head, it looks good, anyway -- can't wait to see it in person.

This will be my first manual transmission car -- I thought about going auto for a little while, but it just feels like such a sin with a MINI I couldn't go through with it -- plus I really wanted the JCW! At least I have some time to become somewhat proficient at driving stick while I wait!

Can't wait to start motoring.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:25 PM
KDO
2nd Gear
hey neorants

I noticed your location is so. IN near the ville. I'm from New Albany. I also noticed JCW package, AWSOME. Our MINI will be my wifes car so I couldn't justify the $6.3K for her, but it would be cool. We went with the 6 speed as well. She debated hard about the rag top, I just don't like the way it looks with the top up, the back looks to much like a PT cruser convertable, and she din't like the visibility or lack there of. Did you go through Indy or Cincy? We are hoping for a mid Nov delivery.

See Ya
KDO

Old 09-13-2005, 01:38 PM
neorants
1st Gear
Kdo

Hey! I'm in the *****. Just moved to this side of the river in April. We went through Dreyer and Reinbold in Indy.

When I did my test drive, I drove a convertible. Loved the sunroof feature, very neat, but visibility was worse than a previous car I had, a G3 Eclipse Spyder, and that car was terrible. Top down, the problem goes away of course. I had a lot of fun in that Spyder. This car will be putting out around 10HP more than that one did stock, and it was an auto, so there will be power difference from the manual as well -- to say nothing of the approximate 1/2 ton weight advantage. I think the guys at work will be starting a pool on how long until I get a ticket.

The trade-in value on my existing car was borderline, so I'm going to try to sell it in the meantime. Anyone interested in an '03 Honda Accord with around 30k miles on it?

I'll be seeing you around, I'm sure -- there aren't all that many MINIs in our neck of the woods (yet!).

Old 09-13-2005, 02:08 PM
KDO
2nd Gear
Hey neorants

We bought from D&R as well and test drove on Sat around 12:30 their time. Maybe we will have a MINI convoy coming back, sometime in mid Nov.

KDO

Old 09-13-2005, 04:48 PM
neorants
1st Gear
No way! I think I saw you guys there. Small world. I was there from about 10:30 their time until around 3:00 their time. It may well be there is a MINI convoy in our future.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:29 PM
regranaas
1st Gear
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Looks like my (err, my wife's!) MINI is a member of the week 40 production club, per an email from our MA this afternoon. Basic specs:

MC, PW with black roof, 15" delta-spokes, front/rear fog lights, premium and convenience.

We ordered the car at Long Beach MINI on 8/13, received our production number on 8/24/05, OL still only shows on-order. ASK-MINI says the car is scheduled for production, no further details (recording, haven't spoken with a person yet).

--randall & Eva

Old 09-13-2005, 05:52 PM
KDO
2nd Gear
neorants

Did you test drive a black one and have people in the back seat? My wife was the only one who drove, I just waited around. I had driven a couple in Cincy and I wanted her have her own opinion. She realy like the six speed as well.

KDO

Old 09-13-2005, 08:35 PM
neorants
1st Gear
Kdo

Test drove a black cabrio, but nobody in the back seat.

Old 09-14-2005, 02:35 PM
micahbones
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DiD
I don't understand why they are saying it would be out in late December with a week 40 build. I guess I would confirm with MINIUSA that you have a week 40 build attached to your production number.
Just talked to a customer service representative at Mini who like you DiD estimated delivery in mid-Nov (and again confirmed production week 40), while Schomp is saying mid-Dec...I hope the Mini rep and you have the more accurate estimate!

Old 09-15-2005, 08:11 AM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been checking the Owner's Lounge and ASK MINI every few days, and still all I get is "on order." Week 40 is only a few weeks away, when can I expect a production date?

Old 09-15-2005, 08:27 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Just talked to a customer service representative at Mini who like you DiD estimated delivery in mid-Nov (and again confirmed production week 40)
Excellent. Glad to hear they confirmed again that you're week 40. Also nice that they confirm the estimate. It's not really walking out on a limb when you have four years of history seeing cars delivered to the west coast about 4-6 weeks after the production date. Then factoring in the extra time to Denver seem like that should be pretty routine by this point too.

while Schomp is saying mid-Dec...I hope the Mini rep and you have the more accurate estimate!
Is John Angel telling you this? Or one of the MA's?

Last edited by dave; 09-15-2005 at 08:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Production Week 40!