1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saying Hi and nice to meet you from San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 02:57 PM
jenason
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saying Hi and nice to meet you from San Diego

My name is Jennifer and I am new to all of this. I just got a brand new Cooper S. I am excited. It's my first car, and I LOVE it a lot.

I am really puzzled at what I am supposed to do on this, so any help would be appreciated!

Old 09-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Krassanova
4th Gear
Congrats Jennifer...I'm sure you'll love your new baby as much as we all do. If you are asking how to use the forums...you just read, learn and ask questions. Sometimes if your question has been asked before, some people get grumpy and tell you to search the thread before posting, but don't worry.

The First Gear Section of the website has a bunch of threads that would probably explain things clearer than my little post.

Also, while you are out on the road...look for other MINI owners and be sure to wave!

Old 09-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Bar10girl
3rd Gear
Welcome Jennifer!!!

Feel free to ask questions...

Old 09-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard! We're in your neck of the woods... So, tell us about your MINI...color, specs, goodies, where you bought it, etc...:smile:

And don't forget to check out the Southern California forum...

Donna

Old 09-09-2005, 11:19 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jenason
My name is Jennifer and I am new to all of this. I just got a brand new Cooper S. I am excited. It's my first car, and I LOVE it a lot.

I am really puzzled at what I am supposed to do on this, so any help would be appreciated!
Jennifer,

Welcome to NAM!!!

you could not have picked a better car than the MINI for your first car .

I'm in Lakeside and we have a group (West Coast MINIs) that get together and drive, eat, work on our MINIs, and have a great time. pm me if you would like more information.

To send a private message (pm) just click on the person's name (mine is 10851CS) and it will open a box and click on pm.

I will send you one and you will see it in the upper right area of the window.

Earl

Old 09-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Cecil Davis
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jenason

Jennifer,

Welcome to NAM from another "Newbee" ! You've got the jump on me cause you already have your Mini Cooper S (MCS). I just ordered my 2006 Mini Cooper S a couple of weeks ago :impatient . I have a production number that starts the week of 3 October. The dealer here in Heidelberg, Germany told me I should be driving it by the end of October. I hope so . I would like to get a few good driving weeks under my belt before winter sets in.

What color is you MCS? I ordered "Space Blue" a new color this your for Mini's. When you get a chance how about posting some pics of your new ride for all to see.

Well, welcome again and hope to some pics soon.

Later,

Cecil
Heidleberg, Germany
Hometown: Ft. Laurdale, Florida
Born: Alexandria, Virginia

Old 09-10-2005, 02:49 PM
jenason
Neutral
Thank You all

I feel so welcome thanks to you all. I will be sure give you all of the information about the car as soon as I know more about it. I really just got it at the dealership in Escondido. It was fun, I test drove an automatic and just about crashed, so I went with a stick!!!

Old 09-10-2005, 08:34 PM
miss_molly
1st Gear
I bet you got your Mini from the same place I got Molly (Brecht?). I am new to this site too and I have been looking for other friends with Minis. I live in Oceanside also. I got my Mini on May 19th. She and I are still getting to know each other, and I keep the owners manual in the door at all times for quick reference! Tell me about your car...did you pick out a name yet? Molly "told" me her name driving south on the 15 freeway. I love driving around in my Mini. You will love it too!!

Karen

Old 09-10-2005, 11:33 PM
daflake
6th Gear
Ah, your gonna love the stick even more. :smile:

Glad to have you on board from one newbie to another! As Cecil stated, we are both still waiting for our beloved cars to arrive. NAM is a great place to meet people (lots of great folks here) and talk Mini.

Pictures are also a must.

Old 09-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Originally Posted by miss_molly
I bet you got your Mini from the same place I got Molly (Brecht?). I am new to this site too and I have been looking for other friends with Minis. I live in Oceanside also. I got my Mini on May 19th. She and I are still getting to know each other, and I keep the owners manual in the door at all times for quick reference! Tell me about your car...did you pick out a name yet? Molly "told" me her name driving south on the 15 freeway. I love driving around in my Mini. You will love it too!!

Karen
Karen - we live in Oceanside too!!! What are the specs of Molly? Maybe we've already seen each other buzzing around.:smile: I saw several while out running errands yesterday..

Look at the post further up in this thread from Earl (10851CS) about joining our really fun group. There is a run coming up on Sept. 24th.....

Donna

Old 09-12-2005, 01:37 AM
miss_molly
1st Gear
right now she is just a plane jane stock automatic blue convertable 05 mini
with custom crome rims but all will change very soon need to make her quicker just waiting on the money lol but i love my mini im trying to post a pic for all to see but i dont know what im doing yet lol so we shal see

Attached Thumbnails Saying Hi and nice to meet you from San Diego-picture-038.jpg  
Old 09-12-2005, 01:44 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Nice piccie, Karen! Welcome to NAM!

Clover

Old 09-12-2005, 07:42 AM
jenason
Neutral
Asking questions!!

Question 1: When are the Mini meets?

Question 2: Does anyone know if you can make online payments?

Old 09-12-2005, 08:17 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Originally Posted by miss_molly
right now she is just a plane jane stock automatic blue convertable 05 mini
with custom crome rims but all will change very soon need to make her quicker just waiting on the money lol but i love my mini im trying to post a pic for all to see but i dont know what im doing yet lol so we shal see
Were you by any chance at the Target off El Camino Real on Saturday afternoon? As I was leaving, I glanced to my left and saw a HB Cabrio pulling in....

Donna

Old 09-12-2005, 04:55 PM
miss_molly
1st Gear
Nope, that wasn't me at Target yesterday, but you could have seen me cruzin' around town yesterday (mostly at the O'side beach and such). I was trailin' after my husband in his 1955 red and white Chevy. I saw a bunch of coopers, including one just like mine, only red. I also saw like 3 others, hard tops. Tried the wave....but I guess we didn't see each other in time! I would love to meet you guys! I am working on finding out about that up comming run. My husband (he's the one who posted for me and got the picture on for me too) told me about it while I was at work today. I am excited to find you guys!!! We live out by the back gate of the base...(that I think is burning...again!). I'm glad you guys got to see my Molly!

Karen

Old 09-12-2005, 05:34 PM
tarditi
2nd Gear
Welcome!!!

Old 09-13-2005, 06:52 PM
miss_molly
1st Gear
Was that one of you today on College?

My husband was crusin' up/down College on Oceanside today and saw a green mini w/a white top. He was in the black convertible BMW (with really loud rap music blaring) and a blond lady passenger (our friend, not me) He said he told the lady driving that his wife had a mini and that he liked hers . We were just wondering if it was one of you that he met today.

Karen