1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week #38 - September 19th

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 05:56 AM
Hartz
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm on the boat

Me too! I call dibs on the window seat!

Old 09-22-2005, 08:12 AM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is so awesome, I cant wait to motor....

Ryan

Old 09-23-2005, 09:42 AM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving Right Along

Wow, you guys are speedy. Lucky! My pokey little car is still in the paint shop. Ah well, I'm happy for ya.

Old 09-25-2005, 05:21 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
Can you believe this

I actually ordered my twin MINI's without ever having layed a hand on one.

After seeing one driving on the road I looked them up on the Internet and ordered two. So Yesterday (Sunday) I actually took the 2 hour drive to Charleston and took a test drive of an '05 MC. And I must say I was very impressed. The drive was smooth (I had heard that it was rough) and the power was good even with the AC on (I had heard that the MC was weak). The interior was way roomier then I had thought it would be. I was impressed on all accounts and have no regrets about my ordering decision.

The people at MINI of Charleston were very nice and they all knew about me - they kept saying "oh you're the one who ordered two MINI's"

I can't wait!

Old 09-25-2005, 05:59 PM
debiw
3rd Gear
Welcome CYBOMAN to the wonderful world of MINI.

I am a week 38er too and also from the Carolinas. This will be my 2nd MINI, as I had sold my first a few months back and missed the driving experience sooooo much that I ordered an 06 MCSC. The car has been released to the carrier so it shouldn't be long.

I hope that you will take the opportunity to stop by the Carolina club website at www.m2c2.org . We have a very active club in the Carolinas and I hope to take a group to the Charleston British Car show the end of October.

I hope to see you at a future club outing.

Cheers,
Debi

Old 09-27-2005, 04:00 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
Hey debiw

I visited the Carolina MINI club website and read thru it's threads on NAM. Not sure if we will get that deep into the MINI culture yet. Right now our main purpose is to get two fuel efficient cars to replace these Ford Expeditions we drive. Maybe once we get our MINI's we will be eager to find more places to drive them. Time will tell.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:53 PM
burtmini
1st Gear
Any other week 38er's out there on the Orion Diamond that departed Southampton on 9/25. I ordered through Mini of Murray (Debbie was great) and I was told by "Ask Mini" that the ship is due on the west coast the end of October. Since it is not WW lines it makes it more difficult to track. I did an European Delivery on my BMW a year ago so have gone through this experience before, they say patience is a virtue but it does get tough at this point. At the European delivery center in Munich there were more Mini's on the lot then BMW's, all destined for European homes since they don't offer us the program, unfortunately. There is nothing quite like taking your new car out on the Autobahn for it's first ride! Oh well the drive from Salt Lake City back to Reno will have to do.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:48 PM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Hi burtmini,

Congrats on your soon to arrive MINI! What did you order? I ordered my MSCSa through Murray as well. Looks like my MINI missed the boat, however. Still sitting on the dock awaiting transport...

Old 09-28-2005, 04:30 PM
candiecat
2nd Gear
lucky people... my mini looks like it missed the boat too.. I know it's not on WW shipping, so I can't follow it. It just completed production 9/23 and is at the port waiting.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:07 PM
burtmini
1st Gear
Thanks for the note iwantonetoo. I placed my order back on 8/25 for a Pepper White Cooper, 5 spd, black roof/mirrors, tartan red/panther black leather sport seats, convenience, cold and sport pkg with a couple of other bells and whistles. Car was finished on 9/20 as scheduled and supposedly went out on the Orion on the 25th. My wife is giving up her sport ute and is very excited to be getting the new car. I have been amazed at how easy the process went. When I did my ED on the BMW I had to order 90 days in advance and pay for the car 30 days out before it went into production. Will add XM when it comes in as have found we can't live w/o it as we don't get great reception here in the Great Basin. Only downside that since the only Mini dealer in NV is in Las Vegas we will be going to Sacramento (Niello) for service and I havn't heard a lot of great things about them. Hopefully we'll have minimal problems.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:47 PM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by burtmini
Thanks for the note iwantonetoo. I placed my order back on 8/25 for a Pepper White Cooper, 5 spd, black roof/mirrors, tartan red/panther black leather sport seats, convenience, cold and sport pkg with a couple of other bells and whistles. Car was finished on 9/20 as scheduled and supposedly went out on the Orion on the 25th. My wife is giving up her sport ute and is very excited to be getting the new car. I have been amazed at how easy the process went. When I did my ED on the BMW I had to order 90 days in advance and pay for the car 30 days out before it went into production. Will add XM when it comes in as have found we can't live w/o it as we don't get great reception here in the Great Basin. Only downside that since the only Mini dealer in NV is in Las Vegas we will be going to Sacramento (Niello) for service and I havn't heard a lot of great things about them. Hopefully we'll have minimal problems.
Sounds like a really nice car, I love the powder white. I think I'll add the XM at some point too, because I know I will really miss it even though we don't really have reception problems here. The kids love Disney, which otherwise is only on AM, and I'd miss my Ethel.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:33 AM
CruiseControl
4th Gear
Burtmini, looks as if we are on the Orion Diamond. It's a long boat ride at 8knots/hr. from Europe all the way to East Bay MINI in Pleasanton, CA. I had put my deposit on my MINI way back in May. I have been without a car for almost a year now, but thats a story for another thread.

I am glad to know there is finally a car out there that is custom built to my wishes, not someone elses.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:23 PM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Who's Named Their Car?

Ok, I really want to name my car. Whadda y'all think of L'il Putt, as in Lilliput? Is that a dumb name? How about L'il Pet? I checked and I can get personalized plates that say LILPTT. I didn't try LILPET but I bet it's taken. Of course BLUBEL and BLUBRY were taken. I like just plain Belle too. I guess the plates don't have to match either.

Maybe I should just wait until we meet and then decide...? Oh well, it's fun to think about anyway - passes the time waiting to get on a ship and then sail the ocean blue.

Old 09-29-2005, 05:14 PM
candiecat
2nd Gear
hey iwantonetoo, you ordered the same day as i did! looks like we'll be on the same boat... hopefully. my baby is sitting at the docks waiting too.. been there the last 5 days...

Old 09-30-2005, 03:11 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Is there any way to get GPS tracking data to see EXACTLY where my baby is??? I CANT WAIT ANYMORE!!

Ryan

Old 09-30-2005, 04:29 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
I've searched until I'm blue in the face and there seems to be no "free" way to track the ship. What's really scary is that the Maersk Teal doesn't show up on the Port of Charleston list of vessels that are due to dock there in the next few weeks.

My dealer said it will take 5 to 10 days from the time they are due to arrive in Charleston (the 5th) before I will be able to pick them up. What a load of bull. Then they tell me to plan on spending 2-3 hrs. at the dealership when I take delivery. I'm paying cash for the cars - I've purchased 6 other new cars (different brands) in the past - I've never had to spend more then an hour finalising a purchase. It's a 4 hour drive round trip so I sure as hell don't want to spend 2-3 hrs. at the dealership while they show me how to roll up the freaking windows.

By the way - I just looked at the Voyage Details and see that they have moved up the arrival in Charleston to the 4th.

SOUTHHAMPTON UK 22/09/2005
NEW YORK US 30/09/2005
NEW YORK US 01/10/2005
BALTIMORE US 02/10/2005
CHARLESTON US 04/10/2005

Old 09-30-2005, 04:59 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CyBoMan
I've searched until I'm blue in the face and there seems to be no "free" way to track the ship.
How much is the NON-free way... I might be talked into splitting it with you!

Ryan

Old 09-30-2005, 05:11 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
it's over $1,300 for an AIS membership. I'll pass.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:26 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
hahaha, me too!:impatient

Ryan

Old 09-30-2005, 05:27 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
LOOK!!! I made it to 100 posts!

Sorry, that was pretty annoying...

Ryan

Old 09-30-2005, 05:32 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
I think you and I are the only ones keeping this thread alive. Oh well now I have 10 posts! Are we pathetic or what?

Old 09-30-2005, 05:33 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
OK now I have 11 posts - Just had to do 2 in a row like you!

Old 09-30-2005, 06:48 PM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Ack, the waiting....

Originally Posted by candiecat
hey iwantonetoo, you ordered the same day as i did! looks like we'll be on the same boat... hopefully. my baby is sitting at the docks waiting too.. been there the last 5 days...
Hey cool. Sucks waiting though. Mine's been done since 09/25 so it's been five days for me as of today. Where did you order yours through and what did you order?

Old 09-30-2005, 08:11 PM
postrin
2nd Gear
I'm also still awaiting transport, car was completed 9/22, been sitting at the port since 9/23, how long will the cars site?

Paul

Old 09-30-2005, 08:12 PM
postrin
2nd Gear
I bought through momentum mini in houston,tx i've got a DS/B MCS sport, premium, convenience, anthracite headliner, rear fog........I think that's it.

Quick Reply: Production Week #38 - September 19th