1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week #38 - September 19th

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 08:26 AM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by postrin
I'm also still awaiting transport, car was completed 9/22, been sitting at the port since 9/23, how long will the cars site?

Paul
Hi Paul, sounds like you ordered yourself a real nice car.

About how long the cars sit, I'm wondering that myself. ASKMINI is no help anymore, and my MA said that she won't know anything until it's actually loaded onto a ship. I guess it's pretty much pins and needles 'til then. :impatient :impatient

Old 10-01-2005, 10:01 AM
TooTall
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CyBoMan
...What's really scary is that the Maersk Teal doesn't show up on the Port of Charleston list of vessels that are due to dock there in the next few weeks.

Yeah it does, on 10/4, a day early.

http://www.port-of-charleston.com/Vessel_schedule.asp

Originally Posted by CyBoMan
...Then they tell me to plan on spending 2-3 hrs. at the dealership when I take delivery. I'm paying cash for the cars - I've purchased 6 other new cars (different brands) in the past - I've never had to spend more then an hour finalising a purchase. It's a 4 hour drive round trip so I sure as hell don't want to spend 2-3 hrs. at the dealership while they show me how to roll up the freaking windows.
It's not a matter of the transaction taking any time, it's how long it takes you to choose the owner-specified software options and to get them loaded into your key and car, from what I understand.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:16 AM
candiecat
2nd Gear
i ordered mine through crevier mini, cr/b, premium & sport packages, lsd, arm rest, and nav. thats about it :smile:

Old 10-01-2005, 12:58 PM
debiw
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by postrin
I'm also still awaiting transport, car was completed 9/22, been sitting at the port since 9/23, how long will the cars site?

Paul
Hi Paul,

I thought my MINI had been sitting at the port for a while, but according to my Motoring Advisor, it's on its way to Charleston and should arrive next week. It appears that my MINI is with a different shipping company--one that you cannot track. It was a very pleasant surprise for me and I don't have the time to obsessively track this one like I did my last one

So hang in there Paul you just might be surprised.

Cheers,

Debi

Old 10-01-2005, 03:41 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
Duh

I was still looking for the Teal on the Charleston Vessel list on the 5th instead of the 4th. THREE MORE DAYS TO PORT! Everytime I get into my Ford Expedition I think "I can't wait to get rid of this guzzler, just think how much I'll be saving once i'm in the MINI".

Old 10-01-2005, 04:26 PM
postrin
2nd Gear
Sadly, I've spoken to my advisor, and he knows nothing either, I'm hoping to hear something in the coming week. Thanks for the support though, I'll keep the thread informed.

Paul

Old 10-02-2005, 01:14 AM
CruiseControl
4th Gear
I only waited three months for them to build my home, I never would have dreamed I would have the patience to wait 6 months for a car! I like how this thread is still alive but I can't seem to get water to boil if I watch the pot. I have been on the water for almost a week. In the meantime, I guess it's a few more $100 tank fill-ups in the old truck.

Old 10-03-2005, 01:55 PM
postrin
2nd Gear
I'm on the courage per 2wglobal site........

Woohooo!!! I thought they forgot about me

Paul

Old 10-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Keyne
1st Gear
Wooohooo! I am on the Elektra sailing to NY tommorrow. Should arrive NY 10-14. Then maybe a week till pick up at the dealer? Wish it were shorter.

Honestly this is a week later than I planned so I am a little disapointed (starting 10-10 I have to rent a car till the Mini arrives ). I was told by my MA when I ordered that I could pick it up around 10-15. However if it arrives NY 10-14 it will take time to get to Peabody MA before I can pick it up. Still it will be great to have it. Cant wait to see the color and the silver roof!

Old 10-03-2005, 04:42 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
Why are the playing these games with my mind?

Just checked the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website and now they have changed the Maersk Teals arrival date in Charleston from the 4th back to the 5th. The Vessel schedule on the Port of Charleston website still shows it arriving on the 4th. Are they toying with me or am I going crazy?

SOUTHHAMPTON UK 22/09/2005
NEW YORK US 30/09/2005
NEW YORK US 01/10/2005
BALTIMORE US 02/10/2005
CHARLESTON US 05/10/2005

Old 10-04-2005, 08:18 AM
burtmini
1st Gear
Any West Coasters on the Orion Diamond, it is showing up on the Port of San Diego schedule as arriving on the 15th so that should put it at Port Hueneme on the 16th or 17th. Interesting, there is a section that lists the shipping line and while usually BMW/Mini ships on WW or NYK, the line is listed as O.D.S., one I haven't heard of before. At least it is getting close.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:32 AM
CruiseControl
4th Gear
I think I am on the Orion Diamond as well. Thanks for the info. I suppose it's another week beyond the 16th when it will make it to East Bay MINI.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:11 PM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Sittin' on the dock of the bay

Sigh....

Still waiting....

Ho hum....

Anybody else still waiting for a MINI lift across the pond?

Awaiting transport since 09/25 btw...:impatient :impatient :impatient :impatient

Old 10-05-2005, 05:19 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Discharged!!!! I cant wait any longer!

How long will I be in the distribution center?????

Ryan

Old 10-05-2005, 07:28 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
Hey Tripple

what dealer r u picking your mini up from? I'm getting mine from MINI of Charleston. Would be cool if we saw each other while picking them up. They said there is a slim chance I can get them on Saturday. I'm not holding my breath.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:00 AM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm taking delivery in Chicago, so my Mini has to spend a day or two on a truck :(

Did your dealer ask you about how you want your car programmed? Day light running lights, unluck auto window and sunroof open, or if you wanted holes drilled for a front license plate?

Ryan

Old 10-06-2005, 04:50 AM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
they did ask me about the running lights and how the doors unlock with the remote and autolock after 10mph. thats it. Do you think there are other programming options that I should have them do?

Old 10-07-2005, 06:59 AM
straymon
Neutral
Orion Diamond

I'm also on the Orion Diamond, I watched it go through the Panama Canal on the web cams yesterday so I'm thinking I have a little over a week before it reaches port.

Old 10-07-2005, 07:57 PM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Where's my MINI?!?

Originally Posted by candiecat
i ordered mine through crevier mini, cr/b, premium & sport packages, lsd, arm rest, and nav. thats about it :smile:
Sounds like a nice set of wheels, candiecat. What color/s?

Another west coaster.

It's 10/7 - do you know where your MINI is? Well, I don't. ASK MINI says that my car left the port on Oct 4. A WW ship left that day, but my VIN doesn't work on their site. Hmmm. Two NYK ships left on the 8th, however. I suppose my car is likely on one of those 2 ships.

Then again, why do they say it left on the 4th? I'm so confused, but at least it's on its way. :impatient

Old 10-08-2005, 07:15 AM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
Well my MINIs arrived in Charleston harbor on the 5th and were unloaded on the 6th at 3pm BUT MINI of charlestom says that they don't expect to get them until the 10th and I might be able to pick them up on the 12th. I can't believe it takes a week for them to get from the boat to the dealership across town.

I bet they are taking them for a joy ride and they will have 1,000 miles on them when I pick them up.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:51 PM
TampaMCS
5th Gear
My baby looks to be sitting on the Courage, with a few of you other guys and gals, I dont show it in the Charleston port listing though...

Old 10-09-2005, 04:25 PM
candiecat
2nd Gear
my car's Chili Red with a Black roof. =)

mine supposedly left on a ship on Oct 4 too... but i dunno what boat that could be!! it's not on the WW site either... supposedly for the west coast, they don't use WW to ship.. No idea..

Old 10-10-2005, 03:34 PM
burtmini
1st Gear
Orion Diamond

To anyone that is on the Orion Diamond, it is now showing due into San Diego on 10/14 and departing 10/14. That should put it at the VDC on the 15th. Cars at dealer by the end of the month for the West Coasters? Keep your fingers crossed. Incidently, the San Diego port site shows the Diamond coming directly from the UK so it did not make any East Coast stops as seems to normally be the case. It is also getting into San Diego a day earlier then originally scheduled, which is not surprising since I believe it went through the canal on the 9th. A different routing then the norm.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:14 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
I'm dyin here.

My MINIs got unloaded from the boat in Charleston on the 5th and they still haven't made it across town to MINI of Charleston. I coulda carried them on my back to the dealership by now. This is killing me.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:49 PM
anteken
4th Gear
Mine's on the Courage on the ocean right now. Should be in Charleston in a week or so......tick,tick,tick,tick

Quick Reply: Production Week #38 - September 19th