1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week #38 - September 19th

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 02:10 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just stopped by the dealership and i SAW MY BABY!!!!

I'm getting her on Friday!!!

Ryan

Old 10-11-2005, 02:32 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's IMPOSSIBLE

Your MINI arrived in Charleston on the 5th right? Or am I crazy.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:07 PM
TooTall
4th Gear
Hey CyBo, you must have ordered slow ones - either that or Charleston is like NYC (you can't get cross-town). Our MCS (which was discharged from the Teal 10/5) made it to Minneapolis yesterday.

Old 10-11-2005, 06:41 PM
postrin
2nd Gear
very strange happenings

So my MA calls me today and tells me he has me loaded on the 5th and arriving in charleston on the 14th. But 2wglobal tells me I'm on the courage and the courage will be in charleston on the 19th. Anyone else have strange happening happen to them. Is the MA right? or is 2wglobal?

Thanks

Paul

Old 10-11-2005, 07:41 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
Rub It In

Hey TooTall - why don't you add salt to my misery. lol

I've emailed these posts to my MA - I hope it helps - I'm hoping to pick them up on Friday.

Thanks

Old 10-12-2005, 01:09 AM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Me and my best friend just drove up to the dealership to go look at her again! She is so beautiful... I'm SO glad I got the Web Spokes... they look frickin awesome!

The dealer security car looked all kinds of pissed when me and my buddy pulled into the lot in his LOUD *** WRX. The guard kept trying to creep up on us... it was FUN!

All i have to do now is wait for them to put in my security system and my guages!

Ryan

Old 10-12-2005, 06:54 AM
RoyalCooper
3rd Gear
Where's Mine?

My MA says that the ship my MINI is on is due into Ventura, CA on 10/23 and that when they come in at the end of the month they try to get them out of the port ASAP. They want them off the books so they get paid. As a result he thinks it should be ready (barring any issues) by the 28th But he didn't tell me the ship and I'd feel better if I was tracking the whole thing myself...any thoughts

Old 10-12-2005, 05:22 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
Funny how my email to the dealer, complaining that you guys in Chicago and Minnesota are getting your cars ahead of mine in Charleton, made them call me today to tell me I could pick them up at 1pm on Friday. FINALLY!

Now all I need to do is arrange for two people to go with me so I can get them back to Sumter.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:08 PM
TooTall
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CyBoMan
Now all I need to do is arrange for two people to go with me so I can get them back to Sumter.
Cybo, did you want Tripple and me to drive down from Mn and Chicago and do that for you? Hey, glad we could help! Not sure when I am picking mine up - waiting on the silver bonnet stripes, 190 mile roundtrip to the dealer, hate to do it twice if the stripe shows up soon.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:07 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
I would love to have you come help me drive them home - can u be in Charleston by 1pm on Friday?

Actually, I'm paying my wifes friend to drive me and my father-in-law to Charleston in my Expedition and drop us off at the dealership. I was going to rent a car one way but they wanted $140 and my wifes friend will take us for $40 and then I don't have to worry about getting the rental to the agency on the other side of Charleston. So I guess I'm set. All I have to do now is write that big fat check.

Old 10-13-2005, 08:30 AM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Congrats Cybo! I'm buying a Digital SLR today so i can take lots of awesome pictures of pickup day!

Ryan

Old 10-13-2005, 08:55 AM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Ditto

Originally Posted by RoyalCooper
My MA says that the ship my MINI is on is due into Ventura, CA on 10/23 and that when they come in at the end of the month they try to get them out of the port ASAP. They want them off the books so they get paid. As a result he thinks it should be ready (barring any issues) by the 28th But he didn't tell me the ship and I'd feel better if I was tracking the whole thing myself...any thoughts
My MA says the 23rd as well, with no ship name either. So we're in the same boat (literally.) You are lucky tho because my MA says 2 weeks from the 23rd is when I can get my "Lilly."

I can't find any ship on NYKline that is getting in on that date. Kline doesn't seem to even ship to the west coast, and I'm definitely not shipping on WW because the VIN doesn't work.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:52 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
Yo Tripple,

I'll be motoring at around 1pm tomorrow(Friday). I'll wait til I get home to take any pictures - don't want to appear as a materialistic shallowist in front of the people at the dealership - so I'll do that once I'm in private at home.

I didn't realise that the bonnet stripes were added at the dealership and not the factory - so I decided not to get the stripes. Maybe later.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:04 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
I GOT MY BABY!

Pictures will follow....

Ryan

Old 10-14-2005, 03:07 PM
burtmini
1st Gear
Orion Diamond

For any west coasters on the Orion Diamond, if you go to the Port of San Diego web site and go to the 24th Street Terminal webcam you can see the Diamond offloading cars in San Diego. Should be at the VDC by Monday!!!

Old 10-14-2005, 04:28 PM
CyBoMan
1st Gear
I Got My Babies!

The twins are safe at home!

A few things worth mention:

My MA and I think the dealer as well didn't have a clue how to use the IPOD adapter - I figured it out and showed her.

They had put the owners manuals and spare keys in the wrong cars - good thing I checked.

The cars were in perfect condition and I couldn't be happier with the service overall. They did take a little longer then I would have liked to get me on the road (1hr 45mins) and I paid cash so that should have sped things up - but then again I was getting two of them at the same time.

Both me and the driver of the other MINI (my wifes uncle) noticed some smoke coming out of the exhaust a few times - he said it's normal for break-in oil to do that and recommended I change the oil after 3000 miles rather then the 10,000 that the dealer suggested. Hell I was considering changing it after 1,000 miles.

The cars have some bug splatter from the 2hr drive so I'll have to clean them up before I get some pics.

Oh yeah - and I finally decided on the names!

REN & STIMPY
HAPPY HAPPY - JOY JOY

Old 10-14-2005, 05:06 PM
TooTall
4th Gear
Hey CyBo, love the names, glad to hear they are home safe. You got yours before my week 37 car, so you're doing ok! UPS man brought all this Zaino today and nothing to use it on...

Old 10-14-2005, 10:27 PM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by CyBoMan
The twins are safe at home!

Oh yeah - and I finally decided on the names!

REN & STIMPY
HAPPY HAPPY - JOY JOY
Aww, cute names! Congratulations on the safe arrival of your twins!

Old 10-15-2005, 09:26 PM
CruiseControl
4th Gear
Congratulations to the East Coast Motorists on your new machines. I have enjoyed reading each post in the thread,, we should have an alumni association so we can all come back an reflect on these golden days and give support to the new rash of newbies in future days haha.

Now has anyone seen my car yet? Its on the Orion Diamond, somewhere on the SoCal Coast. Where did you folks get those nice Ship Pics earlier this week?

Old 10-17-2005, 11:10 AM
burtmini
1st Gear
Orion Diamond

The Orion Diamond should have docked at Port Hueneme yesterday so all those who have cars on this ship should be showing up as at VDC shortly and hopefully at the dealers soon after. The wait is almost over!!!

Old 10-18-2005, 09:12 PM
burtmini
1st Gear
Car at VDC

Here is a good posting from the Bimmerfest site that is also tracking the Orion Diamond. You can see a picture of the ship leaving San Diego on the afternoon of the 14th and it arrived Port Hueneme on the 16th. All cars, Mini's and BMW's should have been offloaded by now.

www.bimmerfest.com/forums/ showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=113259 - 102k - Cached - Similar pages

Old 10-19-2005, 12:22 PM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by burtmini
Here is a good posting from the Bimmerfest site that is also tracking the Orion Diamond. You can see a picture of the ship leaving San Diego on the afternoon of the 14th and it arrived Port Hueneme on the 16th. All cars, Mini's and BMW's should have been offloaded by now.

www.bimmerfest.com/forums/ showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=113259 - 102k - Cached - Similar pages
Thanks for keeping us posted burtmini. Can I ask you how you found out which ship your car was on? I ordered my MINI through Debbie at Murray too and she said she was unable to tell me the vessel name. ASK MINI says the same. The only news I can gather is that it will arrive in port on the 23rd of this month.

On another note, I notice that you ordered a Pepper White MINI. I am having a bit of remorse that I didn't order that color for my car, I think it looks so sharp, sophisticated somehow... Ah well, I think the blue I ordered will be better for this rainy clime.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:28 PM
burtmini
1st Gear
Ship Name

Regarding finding out the ship it was on, I called the 866 ask mini and they told me. I just talked to Debbie yesterday, incidently she is the proud new mom of a baby girl, and she told me my car had hit port and was being processed so I am planning a trip to Salt Lake the 29th to pick her up.

Old 10-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Keyne
1st Gear
Woooohooo! Picking up the MCS "Marvin" on Saturday then heading North to Maine for some Lobster! Cant believe I have to work one more day before picking up the car!

Old 10-24-2005, 02:56 PM
candiecat
2nd Gear
still not here yet... one more week... possibly?

Quick Reply: Production Week #38 - September 19th