1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week #38 - September 19th

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 10:11 AM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by candiecat
still not here yet... one more week... possibly?
Hey candiecat, I have a feeling our cars are travelling together. I called my MA this morning and left a message asking where my car was. I will report back once I hear from her.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:18 AM
candiecat
2nd Gear
iwantonetoo... i think they are.. i checked the OL last night and it said EDD of 10.27! that's tomorrow! did you check your OL yet? I've emailed my dealer, no response yet, but will call him after lunch if still no response. maybe i can pikc it up on friday! so exciting

Old 10-26-2005, 12:43 PM
postrin
2nd Gear
i got mine last night, pics to follow

Old 10-26-2005, 11:00 PM
CruiseControl
4th Gear
Sorry to hear you folks hadn't got your cars yet.

I got mine on Friday night. Wow, what a car. I ended up putting almost 700 miles on it allready. Thanks to everyone who kept this thread going and sharing the info. I hope you all enjoy your MC's as much as I do.

As for those who are waiting for thiers to be born and brought over, I have learned that it took exactly 30 Days from paint shop to my garage here in Central California.

As for East Bay MINI, they are great. We had an appointment, and they had my car all set to go. Having MINI experience before, I had learned many interesting facts as my MA oriented me with the car. Many of those itema aren't in the owners manual either.

When I was all signed off in the hot seat of the finance department,They had greeted me with a nice goodie bag. Two hours later, I was on my way home.

Old 10-27-2005, 10:31 AM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
9 Weeks and still MINIless near Seattle...

Congratulations Postrin and CruiseControl!! Woo hoo! Happy motoring to you both! (700 miles since Friday!?!)

candiecat, my MA says the car is at the port and it will be another 2 weeks, gulp! Has your MA gotten back to you yet? My OL still says En Route btw. At this point I don't think I will be driving it home after all, since Mr. iwantonetoo is going away for a few weeks in mid-November. (Although I bet the 3 little ones wouldn't mind a road trip and a few days off school.) I do think I'll have her shipped though. It'll take the same amount of time and is the same price as going down to pick her up.

Old 10-27-2005, 10:57 AM
candiecat
2nd Gear
iwantonetoo, sorry to hear you won't be getting yours for a couple more week.s =( my ma said should be friday, and that he'll check again today to make sure. but he hasn't gotten back to me yet today. we'll see.

Old 10-28-2005, 02:04 PM
burtmini
1st Gear
Picking up Tomorrow

Our new Pepper White hit the dealer on Wednesday. So built on 9/16, shipped on 9/21 and at the dealer on 10/26. Basically everything went as scheduled. We fly into Salt Lake City tomorrow morning and Derreck is picking us up from Mini of Murray. Diane just had a baby girl and I don't believe is back at work yet, a shame we were looking forward to meeting her. Will be driving her back to Reno on Sunday...can't wait!

Old 11-01-2005, 03:24 PM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
11/03 Edd

Hoo yah! OL says November 3rd estimated delivery day! Finally!!!

candiecat - did you get your car yet? Was it supposed to be last Friday that you got it?

burtmini, are you back with yours?

Am I the last 38'er to get their car????

Old 11-01-2005, 04:24 PM
burtmini
1st Gear
Can't wipe the smile off our face!

We flew into Salt Lake City Saturday morning and were met at the airport by Derrek, who is a new MA at Mini of Murray. Unfortunately it was cold and raining so the delivery process wasn't as glorious as it could have been on a nice day, but everything paperwork wise was done ahead of time and we were in and out in no time flat with the majority of the time spent going over the car and features.
Spent Saturday night in Salt Lake and make the long drive across Nevada on Sunday. Hardest part was staying within the breakin perimeters. Still amazed at how well it drives and handles, plus we got over 33 mpg coming home so considering it is brand new that is nothing to sneeze at. Made appointments this week in Reno for window tinting and invisible bra as well as ordering the Blitzsafe and XM direct for Satellite radio. By next week at this time should have everything done. Will post some pictures later in the week.

Old 11-18-2005, 06:52 PM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Here she is

Here's L'il Putt (and me) on Tuesday finally parked in our driveway. Seems like I waited forever... Ordered August 26th, arrived at Mini of Murray November 3rd. Shipped via D & J Trucking November 11th and finally arrived November 15th. Been driving with the top down in my down filled jacket, beanie and gloves!

D & J were fantastic. Debbie Linge at Mini of Murray was great despite being on maternity leave, although I did have to call a few times to get things in motion. Thanks Debbie and Jason at D & J!

Attached Thumbnails Production Week #38 - September 19th-lil-putt.jpg   Production Week #38 - September 19th-lil-putt2.jpg  
Old 11-18-2005, 11:16 PM
CruiseControl
4th Gear
Wow I can't believe it took sooo long for you to get the new machine. I see you live in Washington --and are running with the top down in November, pretty cool haha. I hope you have as much fun with your MINI as I have