1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'Nuther Nubee

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 03:50 PM
tphonebill
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Nuther Nubee

Been "lurking" around here since we ordered our Space Blue MC with CVT Sept.1st. Finally learned production is week 41 (Oct 10-14). Just so happens my birthday is Oct 14...wouldn't that be nice! As it appears to be customary to name your "baby" we've decided to call him "IRA"..in honor of the 401-K which is providing the funds for this venture.
Ira should arrive in Tampa mid-November according to latest estimates. That's a long time to wait, but it'll be worth it. Oh, forgot to mention, it will have a Silver top ! Way cool !
Bill in FL

Old 09-13-2005, 03:55 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tphonebill
As it appears to be customary to name your "baby" we've decided to call him "IRA"..in honor of the 401-K which is providing the funds for this venture.
Bill in FL
Welcome Bill and that a GREAT name!

IRA is bound to make you happy

Old 09-14-2005, 01:33 PM
KennyMooper
5th Gear
Sounds cool, I can't wait to see a "real life" pic of a space blue. But I never named my car. Don't think I ever will.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:47 PM
TLMCS05
3rd Gear
Welcome!
IRA? Mybe Ira? IRA and British things seem to look a bit odd on the same page! LOL
You are in for a treat from day one!

Tim

Old 09-14-2005, 02:20 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Welcome on board Bill:smile:

Berk

Old 09-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad you finally stopped lurking and showed yourself... Welcome and can't wait to see pictures of the new Space Blue....woooo hoooo!!!

Donna

Old 09-14-2005, 06:17 PM
tphonebill
Neutral
Thanks everyone, so nice to see the warm welcome messages from all over the country. Now if I could just find an insurance company that isn't trying to shock me with such high rates ! I insure two other cars for what they want to insure a MINI ! Any suggestions?

Bill

Old 09-16-2005, 08:17 AM
Cecil Davis
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tphonebill
Been "lurking" around here since we ordered our Space Blue MC with CVT Sept.1st. Finally learned production is week 41 (Oct 10-14). Just so happens my birthday is Oct 14...wouldn't that be nice! As it appears to be customary to name your "baby" we've decided to call him "IRA"..in honor of the 401-K which is providing the funds for this venture.
Ira should arrive in Tampa mid-November according to latest estimates. That's a long time to wait, but it'll be worth it. Oh, forgot to mention, it will have a Silver top ! Way cool !
Bill in FL
Bill in FL,

Dude, that's so KOOL! my new 2006 (Space Blue) Mins S (JCW) has a production time frame of 3 October 2005 as well. My estimtated delivery date is around the end of October 2005 (I currenly live and work in Heidelberg, Germany) so trasportation doesn't take as long as it does to get herethe states. . . (sorry about that). I have'nt picked a name yet. . . . but I'm working on it . .

Later,

Cecil
Heidelberg, Germany
Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Old 09-16-2005, 02:37 PM
miss_molly
1st Gear
Congratulations on your Mini. I named my convertible mini Miss Molly. I wanted to name her, but I couldn't think of one that I liked. Then, as she and I were cruising around, her name just popped into my head. I wasn't even trying to think of a name at that time. I don't know where the name came from, but it sure fits her, so Molly it is! It seems to suit her well, I think! I think Ira is a cute name for a car too. I like seeing all the different names people have come up with for their Mini's. They sure are more than just cars, aren't they. I feel kind of bummed out when I meet someoene with a Mini and they didn't/aren't going to name it . They have so much personality that they need names too!

Karen