1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbe

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 04:59 AM
Captain Randy
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbe

Ahoy group

Have an 06 pepper white convertible S in production - suppose to be finish on the 20th.

Been a good experience so far except the salesman insisted that they (Ferman of Tampa Bay) would not sell the car unless they put the invisishield option (plastic stick on for the front & mirror) on for $900. We have since seen this installed & dont like the way it shows dirt around the edges, finally had to go to the manager & he agreeded to selling the car with a $500 MARKET ADJUSTMENT instead. Yesterday when the salesman faxed the new paperwork I noticed he had added in the dealer prep twice $1,000 !!!!!!!! I will call him today & hopefully he will correct. I'll keep ya'll posted .:smile:

Captain Randy
Currently anchored at St Petersburg, FL

Old 09-16-2005, 08:56 AM
eVal
6th Gear
My word, you should dump those thieves and find an honest dealer - that is some scandelous BS they are trying to pull on you

Old 09-16-2005, 10:56 AM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Welcome aboard Captain Randy, nice MCSc. I have to agree with eVal about your dealer. Although I may be hit with similar extras when its time to do the paperwork, so far I've only been asked for a deposit and my MCS lands POA next week. I don't believe so but maybe my dealer is waiting til I can see "my" Mini on the premises and then the negotiating for extras will begin.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:08 AM
ravenfish
2nd Gear
That just does not seem right. I would cancel my order with that dealership and find another. A dealer should never force a dealer installed option on a customer. Get your deposit back and never go back there.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Captain Randy
Neutral
It gets better!!!!!!

Ferman Mini of Tampa agreeded to sell me the car without the plastic protection film if I paid a $500 "Market Adjustment Fee" AND they want to charge me another $500 for a "Dealer Prep Fee" in addition to the Transportation & Handling Fee charged by Mini!!!

Somehow I'm not getting a nice warm fuzzy feeling about this.

Old 09-17-2005, 04:45 AM
Captain Randy
Neutral
Freman of Tampa - Dealer markup

Talked to the salesman yesterday - Freman of Tampa wants a $500 "Dealer Prep" fee in addition to the standard Mini $500 "Destination and Handling" fee plus a $500 "Market Adjustment" fee.

The salesman says the dealer prep fee is for paperwork & getting the car ready. I thought that was what the shiping & handling covered. I called the dealers in Orlando & Jacksonville & they do not have a dealer prep fee.

I think I will call the salesman today & have a chat.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:06 PM
tphonebill
Neutral
Plastic film installation

I'm also dealing with the Ferman Company and am very interested in any feedback you can provide. I too, balked at the "forced" sale of the dealer-installed plastic but didn't have the knowledge to fight it! After I saw the optional "invisishield" plastic film offered by the factory I called the salesman for clarification and was told it's not the same product! What Ferman puts on, at twice the price, is heavier and not removable...therefore better!
My good feelings are slowly evaporating also. Please keep us informed. Thanks.
Bill

Old 09-19-2005, 02:12 PM
KennyMooper
5th Gear
Hey Cap'n I can't wait to see a picture of a pepper white convertible....you're the first one I've heard about. It'll be beauty full I know.

Old 09-19-2005, 04:34 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Capt. Randy,

I feel your pain. Yes this will take longer. Ditch the looser dealer and go to some place like Classic MINI or somewhere where they only charge MSRP and do not force you to buy ADP (Aditional Dealer Profit).

This is the only way to get those idiots to quit the bull crap!

Old 09-19-2005, 04:45 PM
C4
Banned
Go to Lauderdale MINI. The best and only dealership in Florida that charges strict MSRP. No gimmicks, tricks or games. Call Crystal Neagle (My MA) for the best sales experience ever! I have sent over to her people from this site (NAM) and they are now very happy customers. Their passion for the product and respect for the customer is what makes all the difference!

Crystal can be reached at (954)-335-MINI. Send me a PM, so I'll give you my full name, that way you can tell Crystal who is sending you. I have purchased 3 brand new MINIs from Crystal and Lauderdale MINI in the past 3 years. They are fantastic and worth the drive from anywhere!

www.lauderdalemini.com

Old 09-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Captain Randy
Neutral
Dumped Ferman of Tampa

There are pirates in other places than the carabean !!!!!!!

Fired Ferman and placed our order with Ft. Lauderdale. The 5 hour drive will be a joy after the way we were treated at Tampa. The MA's at Ft Lauderdale were polite, honest and a pleasure to work with. (and they promiced no surprises)

We will not be receiving our new convertible untill November now but we don't mind the wait. We might even take a few days off and take our new car down to Key West for a few days!!!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you at the meetings and get togethers!

Randy & Jackie