1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got my mini. actually it was in january & and before that june '02.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 08:21 PM
verrocchio
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got my mini. actually it was in january & and before that june '02.

So i'm not a new Mini owner. I'm still new here.
I was one of those people who in 2001 got on those ridiculously long lists. I was #31. I got my LY MC on June 4 2002.
Learned how to drive a stick in that car. I did have the foresight to get a proper manual driving lesson first. Didn't want the Mini to suffer too much.
It was so great being one of the first in my area with a Mini. That time has passed, but I still get a tingle when i see the Mini's reflection on windows and other car's bumpers.

This year I traded my LY MC for a CR MCS with a white roof. My LY had some issues, nothing too serious. Just needed a little more power. Hopefully LY found a great owner. (if you bought a LY MC at tate with $24K or so in January of Feb of 2005 - let me know :smile: )

I got a cooperflags union jack roof decal as a gift. Great. But, I've got no clue how to installl it. It has been sitting in the garage for months (I got it as a christmas gift - i'm a bit of a procastinator).

Any one have any good recommendations on installers in the Maryland area? Would love to get that on the roof before Mini turns 1.
Don't really want to take it to my dealer - Tate. I've had the "pleasure" of dealing with them for years now, but I don't want to do this.

Lili in Maryland. (DC metro area)
I always wave to other Mini drivers. It irks me when I don't get a wave back, it's the polite thing to do. I wave at everyone. Even Hummers.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:16 PM
sagworks
running with scissors
Union jack install

A bunch of people are having Aesthicreations print and install graphics in a few weeks, Oct. 14-Oct. 16 in laurel, MD. Send Mike a PM and ask if he'd install your graphic and check the price. When I was first graphic / mini shopping I was recommended to Speedesign Graphics in White Marsh MD. I got a quote and install price was really good. Need the flag installed!

Old 09-17-2005, 11:14 AM
verrocchio
Neutral
Union Jack install in Maryland

Sagworks -thanks for the info. Will have to get the union jack up. I can't keep putting it off.
I'm right near Laurel MD, but wouldn't object to taking Mini to White Marsh.
When I had first gotten the Union Jack, I actually called a few places for an install. But they had huge waiting lists, some couldn't do full roof installs, etc.
Kind of put me off putting it on.