1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 08:23 AM
Force
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right on!

I am eagerly anticipating the purchase and arrival of my Mini S. I have been researching these cars for some time now and am almost ready. The Michigan mini forum has given me some helpful advice as well as several web sites most of the people here would know like Mini mania and Webb motor sports.

Here is what I have come up with to date.

MINI S, Premium and cold weather packages, DSC, LSD, Xenon headlamps, front and rear fog lights, 16 inch tires.

This leaves modification wide open for Supercharger pully and crank pulley, rear sway bar, H-shocks, Alta cold air intake, cat back exhaust and ECU at some future date.

This is going to be a really fun daily driver with some thought to Road Rally events in the future.

The sound system is troubling. The Harmon is good but would an Alpine be better?

I want to try and do some things myself but will watch a pully pull and other installations first to see if it is within my ability.

Any suggestions are welcome and I will certainly post the final assembly idea prior to purchase.

Nice web site,
Jonathan Force

Old 09-20-2005, 08:44 AM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Hi Jonathan,

Looks like nice specs. Harmon Kardon is one thing that I enjoy all the time. I believe you can get aftermarket stereos with speakers and jam up your Mini, however for $500.00, I would take the H/K all day long. H/K is better than Bose and Infinity, Alpine as well. Keep in mind it is the speakers not the stereo.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:05 AM
mini_in_md
1st Gear
I have to agree with ariercetinberk in that the H/K sound system is very sweet. If i had a second chance, I would get it.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Force
Neutral
I test drove the mini with and without the HK. The HK was good but I wondered about the IPOD integration. Is it easy to use etc. Alpine and others have integrated systems into the deck itself. May not make a world of difference but will keep looking. The stock deck lacks soooo much. It sounds like a radio in a can.

Jon