1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 10:21 AM
justbob
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to NAM

Just wanted to say "Hi." I've had an 2004 MCS MC40 CR/W since June, 2004, and I'm coming up on 30,000 miles. I've been all over the place in my MCS--Minneapolis, Chicago, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, New York, New Jersey, and down south to far Virginia--and it's my daily driver for my commute. All this from my base near Baltimore, MD. My MCS is still a hoot whenever I get into it, even if it's just to drive to the grocery store.

Although I've skimmed through NAM several times over the past couple of years, I've spent most of my time on www.mini2.com, mainly because that was the first MINI site I came across, but also because it's a great international site with a stupendous compendium of wit, wisdom and humor--oh, and there's a lot of information about MINIs, too.

At any rate, I look forward to being a member of NAM--looks like there's a lot of good people and great information here, too!

justbob

Old 09-21-2005, 10:35 AM
LizzyBobio
OVERDRIVE
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome JB !

Old 09-21-2005, 10:44 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JB, welcome to the forum! I am also new here, and have yet to actually get my car ('06 on order) but it is great to see more and more people here. :smile:

I'm living in Germany right now and hope to have fun with my new MCS real soon.

Old 09-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard! Glad you found us here. Looks like you've been having a motoring good time...

Donna

Old 09-21-2005, 12:02 PM
justbob
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by daflake
JB, welcome to the forum! I am also new here, and have yet to actually get my car ('06 on order) but it is great to see more and more people here. :smile:

I'm living in Germany right now and hope to have fun with my new MCS real soon.
I know you'll have fun. I lived overseas for years, in England and then Australia, where I got to drive a few classic Minis. I envy you your access to the autobahn and the Ring--flat out is the way to go!

I've noticed that a lot of MINI drivers in Germany remove their radio antennas from their cars--I guess when there's no speed limit you have to reduce drag as much as possible!

Old 09-21-2005, 12:12 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM, Bob! Sounds like you've been having a great time with your MINI! Did you go to the Dragon in May? Please join us for MOTD-2006 next May. The National Events forum will have info as the time draws closer. You can go read up on the past Dragon events there. I drive there from Los Angeles every spring!

Clover

Old 09-21-2005, 01:54 PM
justbob
2nd Gear
Nope, I didn't make it to the Dragon, although I talked to a local MINI owner who went this year. He had a blast, but realized that he now has to rotate his tires more often.

I have been out to the road course at Summit Point, WVa, which is a total hoot. Do you ever do any road racing? I'm also interested in trying some autox/solo events, before working my way up to some SCCA/NASA racing. And, I have to say that I'm a rally enthusiast, although so far I've been too protective of my MCS to do it in the dirt!