1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A question for those that have gone before me

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A question for those that have gone before me

Hello again,

I sure hope you good folks don't get tired of my newbie questions.

Here you go.....

After convincing my wonderful wife that I really didn't want the crono pack I called my MA today to give him the news. Left him a voice mail & thought all was well with the world.

Well I come home & the answering machine is flashing it's little red light at me. You won't believe this, the voice on the machine told me that they can't delete the crono pack. He told me it's too far along for any changes. What I don't understand is, he was able to change the spec of his dealers car that was on order to my spec, but he's not able to delete the crono pack. When I checked at the OL it's listed as on order not as scheduled for production. I ordered my car at 2:00 on Saturday & called with the change at 9:00 this morning??? I want my MINI, but I want my spec! I certainly hope I don't have to order another car.

Second newbie question....

Since the Cooper S comes with runflats, does it come with the tools to change a tire? Lug wrench & jack?

Thanks again,

Chuck

Old 09-26-2005, 02:51 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Crashton
Hello again,

What I don't understand is, he was able to change the spec of his dealers car that was on order to my spec, but he's not able to delete the crono pack.

Since the Cooper S comes with runflats, does it come with the tools to change a tire? Lug wrench & jack?

Thanks again,

Chuck
How many days between order and request delete of crono pack?

Just cancel order and reorder - end of problem but added time to get your MINI.

Earl

Old 09-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Steeroidz
3rd Gear
Read my "indecisive" post if you want to hear my story, perhaps you already have. I changed it around a LOT more than you, and successfully removed the Chrono a full 5 days after I added in the first time.

On the 19th I put my order in in-person. On the 20th, I called in, asked to change the interior color, add the Chrono, and add a rear fog light.

On the 25th, I decided instead of DS/DS color scheme, I wanted DS/S (new silver roof option instead of one solid color), and to remove the chrono, and to change the interior color yet again to my original choice (from silver, to alloy patina, back to silver). And they said they'd have to order another car, and it might delay it 2-3 weeks, but that was ok. That was Saturday, and I called after they closed on Saturday evening, and requested to also remove the $200 arm rest option. Today I talked to my MA, and said she could do it, and still keep the original production date.

So anyway, I made 3 or 4 switches altogether, and they haven't complaigned yet. So I don't see why they can't do the same for you on just the Chrono, should be fine.

Old 09-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Well I just got off the phone with the MINI ordering Guru at the dealership. I ordered my car on Saturday at 2:00. It was input into the computer at that time. Between Saturday & this morning it moved into the 150 mode. Must be MINI speak for what I don't know. The fellow told me he'd never seen one flip into the 150 mode so fast. I told them that I'd just order another & was told that my spec would be hard for them to sell with no sunroof. I was getting ready to get POed when the fellow says....would you take the crono pack if it was free? Even though I really didn't want it, that's a pretty nice offer on their part. I said yes & my car is very near production. Guess we both won on this one. By the way I ordered from MAG MINI & so far they've been great. Even with this snag.

Chuck

Old 09-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Johnna
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks again,

Chuck
Yes, jack and lug wrench are included. Unfortunately, there isn't a good, out of the way place to put them. They clip onto hooks in the boot area.

Old 09-26-2005, 03:47 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Sounds like they may just be lazy. I don't know what you dicussed with the dealer or have in writing, but at the time I placed my order I requested the date that I could make changes up until and when I did make changes I insisted on getting a new contract that reflected the changes to the items and the price.

I completely changed the color of the car, interior, and then the roof totally last minute and stayed on them until I was certain they entered them in the system. At first they said that they couldnt be sure it would take but I think that is part of the 'try to deter the changes' to save on effort tactic that dealers have. When they actually did it the changes went through and I got the new contract faxed. It took awhile before the changes were refected on MINIUSA by the way (and some never even showed from the beginning, like the black headliner, which was nervewracking ).

Call Ask Mini to be sure your car is not in production, and if its not insist they (the dealer) makes the change in the system.

(EDIT: I had this window open and wrote it before your reply about the status change above. You sure you want the chrono even for free?)

Old 09-26-2005, 03:56 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Hello again,

I sure hope you good folks don't get tired of my newbie questions.

Here you go.....

After convincing my wonderful wife that I really didn't want the crono pack I called my MA today to give him the news. Left him a voice mail & thought all was well with the world.

Well I come home & the answering machine is flashing it's little red light at me. You won't believe this, the voice on the machine told me that they can't delete the crono pack. He told me it's too far along for any changes. What I don't understand is, he was able to change the spec of his dealers car that was on order to my spec, but he's not able to delete the crono pack. When I checked at the OL it's listed as on order not as scheduled for production. I ordered my car at 2:00 on Saturday & called with the change at 9:00 this morning??? I want my MINI, but I want my spec! I certainly hope I don't have to order another car.

Thanks again,

Chuck
If worse comes to worse, perhaps you could pull ou the chrono gagues and speedo and swap them to someone who didn't get a chrono pack?

No idea if the MCS comes with tire change tools. I think that my MC should as it should have a spare.

Old 09-26-2005, 04:41 PM
skitelluride531
Former Vendor
The MCS does come with a jack.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Originally Posted by skitelluride531
The MCS does come with a jack.
Thanks for the info.

I'd rather not be pulling parts off of my new Cooper S. I'll have to learn to love the crono package as others have.

Chuck

Old 09-26-2005, 05:45 PM
MINIAC
6th Gear
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

Well I just got off the phone with the MINI ordering Guru at the dealership. I ordered my car on Saturday at 2:00. It was input into the computer at that time. Between Saturday & this morning it moved into the 150 mode. Must be MINI speak for what I don't know. The fellow told me he'd never seen one flip into the 150 mode so fast.
Your dealer spoke the truth. Once it goes status 150 you can't change anything. I've never heard of one flipping that fast either

For more on status codes ...

http://www.mini2.com/forum/faq.php?f...q_tracking_usa

Old 09-26-2005, 06:21 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIAC
Your dealer spoke the truth. Once it goes status 150 you can't change anything. I've never heard of one flipping that fast either

For more on status codes ...

http://www.mini2.com/forum/faq.php?f...q_tracking_usa
Thanks for the link.

The only reason I think that it flipped to 150 so fast is the fact that the dealer had the car on order already. They changed the spec to match mine. Most of the wait time probably had been done already. Anyway I'll get my Cooper S faster & for that I'm glad.

Chuck

Old 09-26-2005, 06:43 PM
rigidjunkie
6th Gear
Chuck who is your MA? I just got my Mini and worked with Markus he took very good care of me. You will have to let us other Central Ohio Motorers know when you get you Mini we should go for a nice long drive, maybe 1,250 miles

Old 09-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rigidjunkie
Chuck who is your MA? I just got my Mini and worked with Markus he took very good care of me. You will have to let us other Central Ohio Motorers know when you get you Mini we should go for a nice long drive, maybe 1,250 miles
My MA is Ben Winner. This is the 3rd car we've bought from him. Two A4's for my wife & now a MCS for me. He's been great to deal with as has MAG.

I'd love to go on a break it in road trip. I've got a bunch of old Riverrun route books so a trip to the SE Ohio twisties is in order.

Chuck

Old 09-27-2005, 01:48 PM
rigidjunkie
6th Gear
I grew up in South Eastern Ohio just south of Wheeling WV there are a ton of roads near my parents house that are perfect for the Mini.

A couple of my favorites:

556 from Clarington to Beallsville (the road from my parents house to where my mom teaches I have ridden up and down this road hundreds of times and there are a ton of great turns and humps)

536 from Hannibal to 78 is also great it has a sign at either end saying "Dangerous corners next 20 miles" or something like that. you can take 78 back to Woodsfeild it is another nice road that runs next to a windy stream. Ohh I wish Columbus had great roads like I grew up driving :(

Old 09-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
As suggested here I called 866-ask-mini. The man told me that my car started production on 9-26-05 at 7:55 Oxford time. The completion date will be 10-5-05. He was also nice enough to give me the VIN number. He also said that the car that was changed to my spec was very close to production & that's why mine is being built right now.

Guess this proves that the folks at MAG weren't just being lazy. Although I really didn't think they were, especially after they gave me the crono pack for free. No hard feelings with MAG.

This will conclude the ordering my MINI follies. Now all I have to do is wait. Thanks for helping me. You helped make what I thought was a terrible situation very easy on me.

Chuck

Old 09-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rigidjunkie
I grew up in South Eastern Ohio just south of Wheeling WV there are a ton of roads near my parents house that are perfect for the Mini.

A couple of my favorites:

556 from Clarington to Beallsville (the road from my parents house to where my mom teaches I have ridden up and down this road hundreds of times and there are a ton of great turns and humps)

536 from Hannibal to 78 is also great it has a sign at either end saying "Dangerous corners next 20 miles" or something like that. you can take 78 back to Woodsfeild it is another nice road that runs next to a windy stream. Ohh I wish Columbus had great roads like I grew up driving :(
I've never been on 556, but I'll give it a go next time I'm down that way. I've run 536 many times. That road is just made for a sporty car. I like 26 into Marietta too. So many curves so little time. I know Columbus doesn't have great driving roads, but at least we can be at some of the best there are in an hour or so.

Chuck