1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 08:35 PM
evanzrod
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving Lights

I have an 03 MCS. Next to the fog light switch there is a blank. I would like to get the PIAA driving lamp kit but have a switch identical to my fog light switch (green led illuminates when on). Do I have to buy a whole new switch panel, or can I get just the switch? Is this combo even possible? I love clean installations and would hate to have a "tacky" switch stuck on somewhere. I appreciate any and all advice.

ezrodlowski@cfl.rr.com

Old 09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evanzrod
I have an 03 MCS. Next to the fog light switch there is a blank. I would like to get the PIAA driving lamp kit but have a switch identical to my fog light switch (green led illuminates when on). Do I have to buy a whole new switch panel, or can I get just the switch? Is this combo even possible? I love clean installations and would hate to have a "tacky" switch stuck on somewhere. I appreciate any and all advice.

ezrodlowski@cfl.rr.com
The blank spot is where the switch for the rear fog lights would go. Getting the rear fog lights activated (they're already installed on your 03) is simply a matter of talking to your dealership. They can order and install the new toggle panel (it has to be replaced) and activate the rear fogs (the car's computer needs to be reprogrammed to know that they are there, this can only be done by the dealer.)

I think this used to cost $125 on average but it's been a while and I'm not 100% sure of that.

You can also call Classic Auto Campus (they're a sponsor and you can find their webpage in the sponsor directory) and order the full toggle panel from them and install it yourself. I believe that there are installation instructions in the interior and exterior mods forum in one of the threads.

The switch for the driving lights would go on the knee bolster to the left of the steering wheel. This is a very clean install when done, but it won't fill out your toggle panel.

Other people have done mods to add other switches to that blank spot as well including garage door openers. I believe you can find a kit at gbmini.net for this.