1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MCSa purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 12:32 PM
yumyumdriver
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MCSa purchase

Hi guys I'm also new to MINI and am going to the dealer on Saturday to test drive a MCSa, #1,#2 The dealer found the car I was looking for and said it would be here in 4 weeks they have a demo that has the same features as the one I was looking for so I was wondering if any of you have any advise before I test drive or purchase a MCSa. Thanks Guys, great site it really gets my heart pumping reading everything and checking out all the pics!

Old 09-29-2005, 01:00 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
my advice for testing an mcsa: DO NOT drive it in "D" or "SD"!

use the paddles and shift for yourself - it's the only way to fly!

good luck - drew

Old 09-29-2005, 01:08 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Yes, exactly what Drew said :smile:

Oh, and don't buy the demo unless they give you a big discount and extended warranty - the way the SA drove a brand new demo while the car was still cold, and then myself and the SO cranked on it, does not bode well for how the demos are treated

Old 09-29-2005, 01:39 PM
yumyumdriver
2nd Gear
Thanks, I wanted Chilli Red/White top (if I'm lucky enough to get a mini I want everyone to know it! and red SAY'S LOOK AT ME) so I am planning on waiting on for the red one that will be comming in 4 weeks.

Ocean

Old 09-29-2005, 02:00 PM
morknmini
6th Gear
If you get to test the demo (duh) I suggest doing so as both driver and passenger. Let the salesperson drive you first. Ask if the car has enough power and see what happens. Then you will know how hard they are on the car--just as eVal wrote they will stomp on it when it isn't even warmed up (or housebroken).

In the last millenium (1992) I was so anxious to get "the new" Mazda RX7 that I was willing to buy the demo. I returned the next morning and as I was writing the check a salesperson was showing it off to a prospective customer by revving it up and down the scale in the showroom--first thing in the morning. I am sure it had not been warmed up. Every time I drove that car I wondered what damage had been inflicted during its career as a demo.

I have liked my MCSa since I got it, but after a ride with stunt driver Eric Rowland yesterday evening I like it even more. I had no idea it can be so quick and nimble.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Kellzir
4th Gear
When I test drove one, the MA drove it first, to show how much you can push the car and how it handles. Try out the paddles. Have fun!

Old 09-29-2005, 08:44 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Ocean
Thanks, I wanted Chilli Red/White top (if I'm lucky enough to get a mini I want everyone to know it! and red SAY'S LOOK AT ME) so I am planning on waiting on for the red one that will be comming in 4 weeks.

Ocean
Welcome to NAM CR/W is a great color and I would wait for it. As far as the way the demo is driven I have always believed in driving it hard. from the getgo. They seem to run stronger than one that is "broken in properly"

Earl