1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yay! She's Here

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 12:32 PM
tahoe
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yay! She's Here

My Black on BRG MCC was delivered last weekend. She's gorgeous. Just my initial thoughts after 500 miles.

Glad I opted for option packages (sport and cold weather) over the S given what has happened to gas prices since I ordered it in June. She's plenty peppy for my needs.

The stereo is fine with the top up, which hasn't been frequent, but with top down it's not nearly loud enough for my freeway commute..... Wish I could turn it up to "11."

Did not realize how huge the gas tank is for a car this size. Even under less than optimal conditions, easily a 400 mile range.

The cup holder squeeks. (My wife insisted)

Heated seats. Love em.

Make sure you get the programming check list ahead of time and send it to the dealer so that the car is completely ready when you arrive. Picking up the car took less than an hour. I just wanted to tell the sales guy, give me the damned keys, I can read the owners manual! The windows/top down by remote is incredible.

Jaysus H. Criminy, what's the deal with all the warning stickers everywhere?

"Mini" tags on the seats flap and snap with the top (and windows) down.

Dealerwise, I give East Bay Mini just an OK. Shortly after I ordered, my original salesperson transferred to another department, and I was not notified. Kept on leaving messages on his voicemail but would get no response. The new salesperson was fine, but the sales manager and finance manager sucked wad. Couldn't get call backs when I had questions etc, took a week to get a quote from them, and they seemed irritated that I was trying to arrange my financing a week before I picked up the car. Ended up financing 3rd party as EBM did not even come close to offering a rate which reflected my credit score. A 15 minute phone call elsewhere and I saved over $1000.

Pics to come.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like a happy camper to me!!! From another Cabrio owner, happy motoring...and your wife will love you to death of you buy the wind blocker - unless she doesn't care about messed up hair...:smile:

Donna

Old 09-29-2005, 12:39 PM
DSlates1983
1st Gear
COngrats

Congradulations. SOunds sweet. any pics? I wish i had heated seats. oh well, next one.
Derek

Old 09-29-2005, 12:40 PM
pauliekeys
5th Gear
Take the cup holder off and squirt a little WD-40 on the hinge's. Took care of my squeek. Make sure you wipe it off really well. I took my cup holder off for the first couple of months and discoverd that it really comes in handy. Congrad's on your new Mini.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:49 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Your MINI sounds a little like mine.

I just read your post and your MCC sounds like my MC. I also ordered a #2, #3, combo but I went with a tin top! My first drive in a MINI was in a MCSC with full John Cooper Works package. It sure was fantastic but I didn't need or want all the extra.

Bavarian Racing Green (True BRG is not Metalic) was our second choice. Have fun with your MINI and we will catch you around NAM some time soon!

Old 09-29-2005, 01:20 PM
smcfamily
2nd Gear
Congrats on getting your MCC! Mine is due in Charlston on Oct 3 - hopefully at the dealer around the 10th. It's also BRG, but MCS, with all the options.

Post some pics of yours as soon as you can - what color top did you get? I haven't seen any BRG with the black top yet, which is what I ordered.
This is my second MCS- I have a 2003 BRG MCS that is a great car, and I hate to part with - but I really can't justify having two MINI's

Old 09-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tahoe
Make sure you get the programming check list ahead of time and send it to the dealer so that the car is completely ready when you arrive. .

I'm happy for you. Still waiting on my MCS. Could you tell me where I can find that programming check list? Sounds like something I should look into.

Chuck

Old 09-30-2005, 05:54 AM
Keyne
1st Gear
I too want to know where to get the "programming checklist". Is it available online somewhere?

Old 09-30-2005, 06:35 AM
Autologic
2nd Gear
Spinal tap?

I can only hope your "wish I could turn it up to 11" was in reference to This is Spinal Tap. Even if it wasnt I got a laugh this monring.

Old 09-30-2005, 06:52 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on your Cooper.!! MCC + heated seats = life is good!!!!! I was very, very impressed w/ the Cooper Convertible I test drove.....felt just like my hard top, even with that bit of extra weight. Nice!!!!

Old 09-30-2005, 08:11 AM
tahoe
2nd Gear
Thanks everyone. You can download the owners manual on line which will refer to those things that can be programmed. I asked about it and the dealer faxed me a checklist of those items and how I wanted them programmed. Things like doors unlock when you turn off the ignition etc. I just filled it out and faxed it back. I did however have to add some items to the dealers checklist.

Yes, the "11" reference was a tip-o-the-hat to Spinal Tap. Wasn't sure anyone would get it.

Thanks for the tip on the cup holder squeak. I'll look at it this weekend.

I'll try to get pics taken this weekend. I have to warn folks that I went completely for classic/stock, so she's BRG, black top, black and gray leatherette, anthricite, and chrome. Not flashy in any sense of the word.

Old 09-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Keyne
I too want to know where to get the "programming checklist". Is it available online somewhere?
Keyne,

Do a search on "programming options" & you'll find what you seek. I just did.

Chuck

Old 09-30-2005, 05:30 PM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Congrats on your MCC BRG/B. It sounds like a great ride Wait a minute.. it almost sounds like my BRG/G . The heated seats really do come in handy, especially during morning rides with the top down. Enjoy and happy motoring

Old 09-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Heated seats are also good for us folks with bad backs. That heat can feel so good on a sore back. Heated seats in a ragtop seems like nirvana to me. I wish my Miata had them.

Chuck

Old 10-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Nuff
4th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey, how long did you have to wait for your car? I heard that EBM has a long waiting list ....

Old 10-01-2005, 06:03 PM
lurch70
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the car ... is it an 06 or one of the last orders of an 05?

Old 10-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Call
4th Gear
Welcome to the Cabrio land of fun and sun. You will never regret get it. By the way, i am hard of hearing but have no problem hearing my system with the top down. Conversations with my wife are just fine, really. Would like to see some pics. Have fun.

Old 10-01-2005, 06:44 PM
PurplePeopleEater
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Nuff
Hey, how long did you have to wait for your car? I heard that EBM has a long waiting list ....
Why wait? Order your MINI from an out-of-state dealer and have it delivered or have a fun road trip bringing it home!

We ordered ours from Julie at Classic MINI in Ohio and will be picking up our second MINI from them next friday!

Old 10-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Nuff
4th Gear
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater
Why wait? Order your MINI from an out-of-state dealer and have it delivered or have a fun road trip bringing it home!

We ordered ours from Julie at Classic MINI in Ohio and will be picking up our second MINI from them next friday!
Yep, that's why I asked. The dealers in NoCal charge a couple thousand over MSRP. Except for EBMINI. But I've heard that EBMINI has a LOOOONNNNGGGG waiting list.

Got mine from MINI of Pittsburgh for MSRP including shipping to my door in less than 2 months.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:27 AM
tahoe
2nd Gear
Here are a couple of pics.... finally

For whoever asked, the wait was 3 1/2 months. I wasn't in a hurry and buying out of state and driving her home wasn't really an option with my work schedule.

Attached Thumbnails Yay!  She's Here-lilly1small.jpg   Yay!  She's Here-lilly2small.jpg   Yay!  She's Here-lillyintsmall.jpg  
Old 10-03-2005, 09:31 AM
The Short Bus
6th Gear
i just love mini cabrios

Old 10-03-2005, 10:53 AM
smcfamily
2nd Gear
Great pics Tahoe! I should get my BRG/B MCS cabrio next week. Great color combination!

Old 10-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Nuff
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tahoe
Here are a couple of pics.... finally

For whoever asked, the wait was 3 1/2 months. I wasn't in a hurry and buying out of state and driving her home wasn't really an option with my work schedule.
3 1/2 months isn't bad at all.

Great pics! Love the color combo.