1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production week 43 support group

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Hyper Skip
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess we won't be a dime a dozen

Originally Posted by cooperaki
Somehow the checkmate is not selling well in the US,my dealer said I was the first one to order one,some people dont like the wheels but I think in person they look just fine.I have seen a couple space blue so far at the dealer,and the color is kind of dark and maybe borrowing for some which makes it perfect for me,I dont like to draw attection from the cops since I always speed.
Cool ! That means here in the SF Bay Area where there are a lot of MINI's I will be different. In my neighborhood in Walnut Creek there are at least 6 I have seen. None visibily modded or customized. Especially since mine is Hyper blue and not space blue. I did debate between the 2 colors. I love blue. Ten years from now it will be either saught after or ignored. But its what I want. Since you don't buy a car as an investment. I drive it till I am sick of it or keep until it is a bucket Like most of my cars when the wife and kid don't want to be seen in it its a bucket.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:05 PM
cooperaki
1st Gear
I used to always change cars after 2-3 years since I put a lot of miles on them,but for the past 1-2 years I decided to change that approach.I will only buy new cars and keep them almost forever,by having many cars you dont destroy any one single car,neither you get tired of it.Just drive a car from your driveway based on the wheather or the mood of the day.That means I will have to buy a 911 conv. sometime next year once I pay off my other car.

Old 10-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Beemer Guy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 1nf3rn0
To get the dates you need to go to the WALLENIUS WILHELMSEN web site and search for the right ports of call.
Thx inferno. Best I can tell, it looks like all of the week 43 minis will be sitting on the dock waiting for a ship until November 7.

Which means that I won't see my baby (coming through Charleston) probably until after Thanksgiving.

If anyone finds out differently, please let us know!

Michael

Old 10-28-2005, 02:24 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Well it is Friday and week 43 is now over. I am sorry to hear that you have to wait for ships on Nov 7th. Atleast you all are on the parking lot waiting for ships. Godspeed and No Hurricanes!

Old 10-29-2005, 04:24 PM
1nf3rn0
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Mine made the boat! I will see it in mid november!

Old 11-01-2005, 07:47 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Yippeee

Well, I haven't had a computer for a few days so I haven't checked my order lately. I wasn't going to since I saw where the next boat was supposedly Nov 7th. Apparently there was an earlier sailing because I just checked my order on my brand spanking new IMac and it says EN ROUTE!!!!!
I'm not sure when it got on a boat, since the last time I checked was last Thursday. So once again week 43ers, go check your baby and hopefully we'll all have a nice surprise!
Annette

Old 11-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Beemer Guy
2nd Gear
Finally!

She's on the boat! Or, "en route" as they say. Hopefully she got a chair on the deck and is getting some sun on the way over. Maybe a little glass of chilled Shell Ultimate to sip on.

It will be after Turkey day that I get to see her. Or him. Not sure what it is yet.

Poor car. Had to sit on the cold rainy docks for over a week!

Michael

Old 11-07-2005, 11:32 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
talked to my MA

According to him my car is on the K line, which is one of the lines you can't track. But according to his paperwork he'll hit port tomorrow!!!! YAY.
Annette

Old 11-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can check the port of Charleston. That's how I found mine was in. Your MA or 866-ask MINI should be able to give you the ships name.

http://www.port-of-charleston.com/Vessel_schedule.asp

Chuck

Old 11-08-2005, 06:09 AM
Beemer Guy
2nd Gear
Very cool. Thanks Chuck! I just found out (from my MA) that my car shipped on the K-Line last week, and according to the Charleston site, will arrive next Monday. Woo hoo! I may actually get the car before Turkey day!
I'm getting excited!

Michael

Old 11-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Michael,

I appreciate the thank you, but that little gem of information about the Charleston port came from KDO . Gotta give credit where it's due.

Chuck

Old 11-08-2005, 11:21 PM
1nf3rn0
6th Gear
Mine lands in 7 days Then i just need to wait for the dealer to install all my JCW "crap" and im done

Old 11-11-2005, 08:22 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Getting closer....

According to my MA, my MINI's ship docked and I could see him as early as Tuesday!!!
I was really hoping to have him this weekend, but oh well I guess that gives me time to reorganize the garage.
Annette

Old 11-11-2005, 10:24 PM
1nf3rn0
6th Gear
Congrats!

My mini gets off the boat on Thursday and (hopefully) il be able to pick it up sometime before thanksgiving weekend.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:57 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Hip Hip Hooray!!

My MA just called and scheduled me for Wednesday at 8:30am to pick up my baby!!! It just arrived at the dealership and will spend tomorrow getting gussied up to meet me .
My husband thinks it's crazy that we have to wait and had his keys in his hand ready to go when they called!
Hopefully you other week 43ers will be getting called soon.
This is kind of like when I was the first in the childbirth class to "graduate", (my son decided to arrive 6 weeks early), but the sleepless nights will come before the big delivery instead of after.
Annette

Old 11-14-2005, 03:47 PM
1nf3rn0
6th Gear
Talked with Jennifer a South Bay Mini just now. The car comes into port on Wednesday. After that, it will be about a week till i pick it up. Hopefully, i will get it before thanksgiving weekend.

Old 11-16-2005, 05:17 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
He's Here, he's here, he's here!!!!

I woke up bright and early, rushed the kids through breakfast and onto the bus and jumped in the shower. My husband and I jumped in his truck and then had to sit in Atlanta traffic for an hour +, a ride that would be about 25 minutes otherwise.
My PW/B MCS was front and center in the showroom, all programmed and ready to do. Neil, my MA, took me through the hour plus introduction which was a blast and then he told me to drive it out of the showroom and MOTOR.
Which I did!!!! I think I put about 50 miles on the odometer today, but I had to get home and start adding all the goodies. I am just loving this car, and am having way too much fun with it.
I took a couple of pics at the dealer, and will take some more when the weather clears.
Gotta go look in the garage
Annette

Old 11-16-2005, 09:10 PM
1nf3rn0
6th Gear
Congrats

Mine was unloaded today. Hopefully, il see it in a week or less

Old 11-17-2005, 05:00 AM
Beemer Guy
2nd Gear
Congrats Annette! Of course, you're probably out driving, not checking some silly Internet forum... cute car!

Mine is still on the boat, scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Finally!

Michael

Old 11-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Steeroidz
3rd Gear
I'm pretty certain mine is on the Undine (VIN tracking shows it there), and according to the WW site, it supposedly docked on the 17th (yesterday), so hopefully it'll be unloaded at the latest today? And then I'll have it in like a week, is that the guesstimate? Is my only option to call my MA and ask? I called ASK MINI and they didn't seem to be able to offer any further info.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
I called today & asked the nice folks at ask-MINI where my car was. I was told that it was at the dock awaiting transport. The guy I talked to said that once it gets to that stage they can no longer track it. He said the dealer will have that info though. Best call your MA & ask.

Chuck

Old 11-19-2005, 01:14 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
week 44/45

Hello everyone. I normally post on the week 44 message board but I noticed that some of us were on the same vessel (UNDINE) scheduled to arrive in Charleston on 11/17. I know my baby MINI has been discharged from the vessel, but the OL hasn't updated to say "At VDC". Does anyone have any information on how to track it after it gets off the boat?

I live in Dallas and I'm REALLY praying that it comes into town and I can pick it up before Thanksgiving. Any information will help.

P.S. I called/emailed my MA and he told me 10-14 days from the date it was discharged, but I know they underpromise/overdeliver. Anyone have a more realistic date? (I know, I'm just wanting to hear it will be here next week....sad, huh? LOL)

Thanks,
~PJ

Old 11-19-2005, 02:01 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PjTheJester
(I know, I'm just wanting to hear it will be here next week....sad, huh? LOL)~PJ
OK...I'll bite, it will be there next week. Or is that ours?
Probably not with "turkey day" and all that hoopla (football, parades, turkey, cranberries, stuffing and naptimes, etc.)...

Old 11-20-2005, 02:28 AM
1nf3rn0
6th Gear
It took 2 days from when my mini got off the boat untill it showed it being at the VDC...

Old 11-21-2005, 04:10 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By the way, Owner's Lounge today changed to say my MCS is at the VDC center, after discharge from the ship on Thursday. IT IS in the DEALER'S LOT, did I mention that? Still dirty and in it's plastic wrappers as of 1PM today. I can walk to pick it up in the AM, it's that close to my house. My wife wasn't that happy about the buy, but says maybe she'll get used to it after she drives it for a month...

Quick Reply: Production week 43 support group