1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New, but Old

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 06:27 PM
TBOB
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New, but Old

I'm new to this site, but not new to MINI and other sites. I ordered my MINI Cooper the first month after they were introduced in the USA. I picked it up in June of 2002 in Kansas City. My MC only has 19,000 miles on it since I split my time between the MINI, a F150 and three motorcycles. Even after more than three years I still love my MC

I've followed the MTH trends, on other sites, for over a year before finding this great site.

My information has been sent to Volker and I should have the "Tuner" file back sometime this week. I'll post my thoughts after I have some miles logged. My car was on a Dyno (Rolling Road) a couple of years ago so I have a good base line to see what the Tuner file did, or did not do. The options installed, for the base line, was a Flat Panel Filter by MiniMania.

2002 Red/White MC, Preminum Package, Cold Weather Package, Leatherette Sport Seats, Flat Panel Filter, High Performance Spark Plug Wires, Shorty Antenna, White Side markers, 15"x7" ATS 5-Spoke Wheels with 195-55 BFG G-Force Sport Tires AND TUNER FILE ON ORDER

Sorry this was so long.

Bob

Old 10-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hiya and Welcome! Glad you finally found us after 3 years ---

Donna

Old 10-06-2005, 09:08 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Welcome aboard

Sounds like you need fewer motorcycles

Where are you located??

Earl

Old 10-19-2005, 07:12 PM
TBOB
1st Gear
Earl,

I'm finally getting back to this site.

1. You can never have to many motorcycles

2. Oklahoma City, OK

I love my new MTH Tuner file. I did a 578 mile round trip that included long interstate runs along with miles of tight curves. All of this was at above posted speeds. The average fuel consumption was 31.8 MPG. The car runs smoother and has more grunt. Now if I can decide on an exhaust system

Bob

Old 10-20-2005, 10:50 AM
nuclear kitten
1st Gear
Welcome Bob! I love to ride and drive both but the 1993 Harley Heritage Softtail and the '03 MCS are both too fun to add anything else! Sounds like you just can't make up your mind! I am new to this site as well but have found if it ain't here ask and it will be...one stop for all my needs!

Old 10-20-2005, 01:32 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Originally Posted by TBOB
I'm new to this site, but not new to MINI and other sites. I ordered my MINI Cooper the first month after they were introduced in the USA. I picked it up in June of 2002 in Kansas City. My MC only has 19,000 miles on it since I split my time between the MINI, a F150 and three motorcycles. Even after more than three years I still love my MC

I've followed the MTH trends, on other sites, for over a year before finding this great site.

My information has been sent to Volker and I should have the "Tuner" file back sometime this week. I'll post my thoughts after I have some miles logged. My car was on a Dyno (Rolling Road) a couple of years ago so I have a good base line to see what the Tuner file did, or did not do. The options installed, for the base line, was a Flat Panel Filter by MiniMania.

2002 Red/White MC, Preminum Package, Cold Weather Package, Leatherette Sport Seats, Flat Panel Filter, High Performance Spark Plug Wires, Shorty Antenna, White Side markers, 15"x7" ATS 5-Spoke Wheels with 195-55 BFG G-Force Sport Tires AND TUNER FILE ON ORDER

Sorry this was so long.

Bob
VERY interested as I have a 200c MC on order and have been thinking about the MTH tuner myself! I don't have to have 200 bhp like I wonce thought but I don't want a stock MINI either!

Please keep me informed!

Old 10-20-2005, 02:15 PM
anteken
4th Gear
Welcome....enjoy and participate!

Old 10-20-2005, 07:53 PM
TBOB
1st Gear
Thanks everyone for your replies. It nice to know people are interested.

The three motorcycles are completely different and fun to ride.

1995 Ducati 900 SS SP
1996 Harley FLHT
2002 BMW R1150RS

When you add the MINI to the list, it is indeed hard to decide what to take at times. Driving the Ford F150 isn't much fun but comes in handy :smile:

I talked to the people that did my original dyno run. They still do dyno runs and I'm planning on doing another run soon. When I get that done I'll post the results and we'll see what the MTH Tuner file added, or didn't add.

Bob