1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know where I can get Freeze Dried for another month?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 08:17 PM
s4gerri
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know where I can get Freeze Dried for another month?

I am now 'in production' on a '06 MCS.

Chili Red/White sans stripes
LSD
SportPack
PremiumPack
Cold Weather (yes, I know where I live)
Dimming Mirror
Red Cloth/Black Leather Seats
Red Dash
Park Distance Control (Wife's only request!)

Although the 'in production' is all I get from the dealer, they say no (more) changes are possible. Just as well.... very hard to keep these cool goodies from really adding up.

The Chili Red is way cool... it's so, ah, well.... MINI!!! Might be one of the best colors left for 2006, certainly true if you don't want to fork over more dough$$..

The test drive revealed a car seemingly 1/2 the size of my last, a '93 S4 Quattro, but every bit as fast while being (dare I say it) triple the fun to drive. If that sounds at all insulting to any of you good people here it isn't meant to be. Drive an original S4 if you can and you'll know what a compliment it is. From the driving position (I'm 6'1"), gearbox, engine response and manuverability - the Mini is a very polished automobile. Opps! Preaching to the Choir!

Now, about that Freeze Dried part.... I really need to kill the next month's wait.

Great Site!!!

Old 10-04-2005, 08:21 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by s4gerri
Now, about that Freeze Dried part.... I really need to kill the next month's wait.

Great Site!!!
Welcome to NAM, Gerri! Great-looking specs for your new MINI! As for killing time, just hang out here and read up on all things MINI! Many of us had to wait for many months to get MINIs in the early days of its launch. That month will fly by....you'll see!!

Clover

Old 10-04-2005, 08:23 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad you know where you live :smile: . Since the rest of us are left to guess, I'm guessing Hawaii....

Wherever!

Congratulations and enjoy the anticipation. I found that a mini MINI with a pull-back powered engine helped my wait. Consider yourself forewarned, however: those things multiply!

Old 10-04-2005, 08:26 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MINIclo
As for killing time, just hang out here and read up on all things MINI! Clover
That would be the productive approach .

Old 10-05-2005, 10:24 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
I understand, MIB isn't evenscheduled to go into production untill end of this month/first of next month.

I keep checking the status in the owners lounge hoping something would change, knowing that it wont for a while.

Old 10-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Steeroidz
3rd Gear
My friend has a Playstation 2, and I'm trying to get him to rent or buy Gran Turismo 4 (the racing game), so I can drive a Mini Cooper. I hear that GT4 is the most realistic console game made, so I figure it'll be the closest thing I could get to daily drives in a real MINI before I get mine =)

Old 10-05-2005, 07:35 PM
DrDiff
Go and hang out at your dealer. Ask them for another test drive. Better to learn on their clutch than your own!

Old 10-05-2005, 09:02 PM
namwob
5th Gear
Don't get freezerburn

http://www.alcor.org/

Old 10-11-2005, 06:43 PM
s4gerri
2nd Gear
Progress at the Lounge......... the Chili car is awaiting transportation! Too bad it coulnd't me air mailed direct to Miami! USPS has free boxes!

Old 10-11-2005, 06:54 PM
benthevegan
3rd Gear
The red interior is going to look so nice with the chili red. I wanted to get the lapis blue interior to match my hyper blue so bad but vegans + leather don't mix. .Oh well I guess I'll have to get some aftermarket seats.:smile: Welcome to NAM and when your MINI arrives be sure to post pics it sounds like she'll be a beauty.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:39 AM
DrDiff
Originally Posted by s4gerri
Progress at the Lounge......... the Chili car is awaiting transportation! Too bad it coulnd't me air mailed direct to Miami! USPS has free boxes!
The other night at the hub I saw a car go through FedEX. First thought: what kind of jerk needed a car that quickly. Second thought: Man what is that gonna cost him?!?!

Then I ordered a MINI Cooper. Week 45 produdction. That gives me an Idea.... As a FedEX employee, I get the a HUGE Discount on FedEX shipping. Is there a FedEX in Oxford? FedEX... When it Absolutely, Positvely, HAS TO BE THERE Overnight!

Old 10-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey gerri,

I really don't think frezze drying is the way to go. I'd recommend the pickling proccess. Much more enjoyable. My HB/W MCS is in the same limbo as yours is. Awaiting transport.

Chuck