1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Minis has no Autodown via KeyFob?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 10:12 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JustDandy
Force them to enable the one-touch up windows?
John, I believe uflingmini was referring to opening the windows and the sunroof in his original post, not the one-up closure function.

Somewhere here and probably also on MINI2, there is a list of programmable features for the key fobs. I think it is a very good idea to find the list, select your choices, and fax or email them to your dealership prior to taking delivery so you won't have to make an additional trip in for the programming.

Clover

Old 10-06-2005, 03:29 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anteken
By the way,

Ian Cull's Power up circuit is sold out...all 1000 are gone....
We have to take up a collection and buy him another NEW MINI to bribe him into making more!

Old 10-06-2005, 04:38 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If he makes more, I am in for buying one for my new 06. :smile:

Old 10-10-2005, 06:40 AM
uflingmini
Neutral
Well, folks don't mean to stir up such responds. :smile:
And certaintly not to encourage frivolous lawsuits, however, when i went into the mini dealer initially, my MA showed me using the key to lower all windows and sunroof from outside the car(both coupe and convert), also, my user's guide (which I read it religilously prior taking delivery ) also mentioned using the keyfob to lower the windows from outside. That leaves me the impression my car should perform as adverstised. (well, call me naive)

So if they fail their end of promise, to me, that's false representation. If you go buy a dryer and it says it has two drying cycles but came with only one would you still want it?

Anyhow , I am mostly venting, glad to know there are many people out there enjoying motoring and care about the MINI ... I am scheduled to bring Milky (my 06 PW MC) to the dealership next Wed to get a couple things fixed, hopefully they can verify the auto down feature.

Old 10-10-2005, 06:52 AM
petecrosby
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just walk back to the service bay, have the tech hook up the computer to your car, go through all of the settings available with him, and then set them the way you want them. That's what I did 2 years ago.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:35 AM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
FWIW - I got one of the 1000 circuits; it's still in the box on my kitchen counter if anyone's interested. PM if you need one!

Originally Posted by anteken
By the way,

Ian Cull's Power up circuit is sold out...all 1000 are gone....

Old 10-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Orange Leader
1st Gear
Mine works

Greetings. I have an '06 Mini convertible and the key fob feature works (the one to put the windows and roof down). I didn't request it to be programmed that way so I just assume it comes that way. Perhaps the dealer assumed I'm high maintenance and did it w/o me asking? Who know...but I love it.

Old 10-14-2005, 08:08 AM
blitz64
2nd Gear
the convient opening is a love/hate relationship for me on my MCS 06. I have came back to my car twice with the windows down a little bit since I got my 06. Luckily it wasn't raining but every time it rains. When its raining, I am extra cautious that I don't hit the buttons while I walk away from the car. Since it's not really summer anymore in Boston, I have yet to really use this convient feature until probably next spring.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:03 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just picked my '06 up, it has the auto down from remote...

ryan

Old 10-14-2005, 03:01 PM
aDeLoreanGuy
4th Gear
My June 05 build MCS has the remote windows disabled. When I was going over the car, I tried it out and noticed it didn't work. The MA said he noticed it had been disabled on the cars recently and they were looking into how to re-enable it. I'll have to give them a call to have this enabled (just in time for winter)!

Since people with the 06s have noticed that it works, looks like the factory only disabled this briefly.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:41 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
I got a 06... fob works...

Old 10-26-2005, 03:04 PM
minibot
3rd Gear
Oh yeah. I have an '06. Auto-down via keyfob works. My MA made a point to demonstrate this to me several times. :smile:

Old 10-26-2005, 04:47 PM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
Here are all the programming options

I forget if these were from this site, or from the Mini2 site but here it is:

:smile:UNLOCKING FROM OUTSIDE:

Press the remote button once, and the Driver's door unlocks
Press the remote button a second time and the Passenger door and Read Hatch unlock; OR (Not shown in Manual, but available) Press the remote button once to unlock ALL Doors (Driver, Passenger, and Rear Hatch) Activate one or the other

:smile: AUTOMATIC LOCKING WHEN STOPPED
If the doors are not opened after being unlocked, within 2 minutes, the central locking system locks the vehicle automatically. Activate/Deactivate

:smile: AUTOMATIC LOCKING WHEN DRIVING
After you reach a pre-determined speed (10 mph), the central locking system locks the doors Activate/Deactivate

:smile: CONVENIENCE OPENING MODE
Press and hold
keyfob button. The power windows (and sunroof) are opened Activate/Deactivate

:smile: OPENING & CLOSING FROM OUTSIDE
Via the door lock: One turn of the
key in the drivers door unlocks the drivers door only
Turning the
key a second time unlocks the 2nd door, tailgate, fuel door
Activate/Deactivate

:smile: CONVENIENCE CLOSING VIA THE DOOR LOCK
With the door closed, hold the
key in the locking position to close the
power windows (and sunroof)
Activate or Deactivate

:smile: FOLLOW ME HOME LAMPS -
If you activate the headlamp flasher after having switched off the
engine and the lights, the low beams will stay lit for a pre-set period
of time. Time delay for can be set for 30, 60, or 90 seconds Activate and set time or Deactivate

:smile: DAYTIME DRIVING LIGHTS
(uses high beams at about 50% power when ignition is on) Activate or Deactivate

:smile: SPEED Dependent Windshield Wipers:
(NA for vehicles with Rain Sensor)

:smile: NORMAL WIPER SPEED:
When the vehicle is stopped with the wipers on, the wipers automatically switches to intermittent wiping Activate or Deactivate

:smile: FAST WIPER SPEED:
When the wipers are set to Fast Wiper Speed, the wipers switch automatically to normal wiper speed when the car is stopped.
Activate or Deactivate

A lot of these options may have been turned off, and all you have to do is schedule a service visit to activate the ones you want and deactivate the ones you don't. I personally didn't want daytime driving lights and auto locking when stopped. Driving lights are useless in Hawaii and auto locking is just another way to lock yourself out of your car. Just mho tho. Customize to your hearts content.

--pyratio

Old 10-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Coopernicus
3rd Gear
Just FYI -

These "Vehicle Memory" programming options are also detailed ON PAGE 47 OF THE CURRENT OWNER'S MANUAL.

Not to get too far off subject, but maybe some will find this useful -

I insisted that ALL of these settings be adjusted to my specifications free of charge when my forthcoming '06 JCW MCS (due in December) is delivered. This was agreed on up front and in writing because when I took delivery of my current 2000 Porsche Boxster S, the sales putz said it would cost me two hours of 'time and materials' at full service dept. labor rate to have these things set - $180.00. I didn't appreciate that attitude after I paid full MSRP for the car and had just waited SIX months for delivery, and told him to just forget it.

I also stipulated that a FULL 4-wheel alignment will be provided upon delivery of my new Mini, with printouts provided to me showing the 'before & after' alignment settings. I did this because some cars are strapped down so tightly on the transport trucks that the factory alignment can be severely screwed up - especially the exposed rear control arms that they love to crank down on so hard.

There is even one NAM'er that has posted pics of bent rear control arms caused by an uncaring transport driver - they look like crushed silly putty. I have personally experienced an issue myself, when my '93 Mazda MX-6 went through a pair of front tires in 6000 miles because of a VERY improper alignment driving away from the dealership. The sales and service managers there didn't care that I had asked for an alignment at delivery - a process they had both insisted was unnecessary, so it still cost me $300 for new tires PLUS $85.00 for - you guessed it - an alignment!

Just food for thought if you are considering a new car purchase any time soon....

Old 10-27-2005, 08:07 AM
anteken
4th Gear
Remote window opening was set on our -06