1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cooper S in Austin (on Saturday!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 08:21 AM
gadgeTT
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
New Cooper S in Austin (on Saturday!)

It's been a long wait and I'm virtually wetting myself in anticipation, but my new '06 MCS should be at the local dealership (MiniCenter in San Antonio) today!

If all goes well, they'll clean him up, install a few things and we'll meet in person for the first time this coming Saturday. While my current car, a 2001 Audi TT quattro is no slouch, I am really looking forward to the MINI.

Wish us luck and this weekend there will be another MINI on the roads of Austin, TX.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:24 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! Oh how I miss Austin. What fun it is going to be driving up and down the hills near bee line and the lake. Have fun. :smile:

Old 10-05-2005, 08:44 AM
gadgeTT
3rd Gear
Thanks for the pointer on where to take our ride!

Old 10-05-2005, 10:03 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats! Post some pix when you get them

Old 10-05-2005, 10:49 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gadgeTT
Thanks for the pointer on where to take our ride!
LOL, I lived up by Ft Hood, but spent all my free time in Austin. Talk about a long commute!

Those are some great twisty roads that should provide plently of fun time. Enjoy, hopefully I won't be far behind you.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:49 PM
skitelluride531
Former Vendor
I am in Austin. What color is your MINI? Mine is JB/JB MCS from the MINI Center as well.

Old 10-05-2005, 07:28 PM
gadgeTT
3rd Gear
Hi,

Mine will be an '06 DS/B MCS with black/blue leather, Nav, and just about every other option available except for JCW. He made it to MiniCenter today and delivery is scheduled for Saturday. Woohoo!

How was your MiniCenter experience and do you find yourself having to travel down there often for service?

Old 10-06-2005, 07:51 AM
jggonzalez
3rd Gear
Congrats! I'm in Leander and I got mine from the Mini Center too. My experience with them has been fantastic. They're ordering a new transmission for me right now, which will be replaced under warranty, but they've been really accomodating. No arguing necessary to get my transmission replaced. Just pointed out its real noisy and I live 100 miles from dealership. That was all it took.

Keep an eye on your e-mail. I got a gift certificate for $50 from BMW a few weeks after I picked up my Mini. Used it to get the trunk liner.

Whereabouts in Austin are you?

Old 10-06-2005, 08:24 AM
gadgeTT
3rd Gear
Hi Joe,

Sorry to hear about your transmission issues but at least it's being handled with as little inconvenience as possible. I just worry about being so far from the dealership. Last year I moved to Austin from Iowa where the local dealer for my current car (an Audi TT) was also 90 miles away in South Dakota. I got tired of driving 1.5hrs to get there for routine service and maintenance. Then I moved to Austin where my local Audi dealer is about a 15 minute drive away. Now I'm going to start all over again with the 90 mile drives. I know the MINI will be worth it, but still worry about the time/distance for any maintenace or service issues. Guess I'll be doing a lot of Saturday service.

I'll definitely keep an eye open for e-mails and such from MINI since I'm fully registered with them in the Owner's Lounge and am also doing my financing with them. Figured that they were within 0.1% of the best rate and it would be more convenient to have all of my paperwork and online stuff with one place.

I live in the North-Central Austin (Lamar and Braker area) so if you see a Dark Silver/Black Cooper S with black bonnet stripes - that's probably me. Hopefully there aren't too many others like mine around Austin. At least the Black/Blue leather seating will make mine stand out ;-)

Old 10-06-2005, 01:20 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Welcome on-board, I am in SATX, register to our club as well, so we can get together and motor. Good luck with your Mini.

Berk

Old 10-06-2005, 08:55 PM
AldoS
2nd Gear
Welcome to Austin and MINI.
Alan
'03 Chili Red/Black S

Old 10-06-2005, 08:59 PM
skitelluride531
Former Vendor
Hi,

Mine will be an '06 DS/B MCS with black/blue leather, Nav, and just about every other option available except for JCW. He made it to MiniCenter today and delivery is scheduled for Saturday. Woohoo!

How was your MiniCenter experience and do you find yourself having to travel down there often for service?
After almost 2300 miles, I have yet to have to return to the dealership (knock on wood). But, I am having trouble getting in contact with them regarding a few things. They never sent me my boot mat, and I was also supposed to get a spare set of wheels. All in all, a good experience. I have not received any goodies or gift certificates though :( .

Edit: Dealer ended up selling my wheels for me, so it worked out great. Also got my boot mat. Very happy with MINICenter so far.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:01 PM
miniman007
2nd Gear
Congrats on the new MINI. I live in Austin and will keep an eye out for a new member of the family. Susie was my MA and she was/is awesome.

Old 10-07-2005, 06:18 AM
gadgeTT
3rd Gear
According to Susie at MiniCenter, my gadgetMobile arrived safe and sound in San Antonio. My partner and I will be driving down to SA tomorrow (in a one-way rental) and we'll accept delivery before noon. T-1 day left!!!

By the way, I mentioned the many good comments listed here to Susie when I spoke with her and she appreciated it all.

I can't wait to get my XM, radar detector (hardwired) and Bluetooth installed... will probably install the XM before the first drive home, and will install the Bluetooth and radar detector over the weekend.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:40 AM
gadgeTT
3rd Gear
Delivered!

Hi All,

I am now the proud driver of a new 2006 MINI Cooper S

Got the XM radio installed before we even left the showroom. Fortunately, the Blitzsafe documentation that says that it's not compatible with the H/K stereo is wrong. The only problem we had was fitting the XM tuner box and the Blitzsafe adapter in the cubby hole as the H/K amp takes up most of the room in there... it's a tight fit be we made it.

Next is the Bluetooth modile and Radar detector hardwiring.

A few small comments, though:

1. The NAV was already updated and it looks great, but the voice instructions seem to lag behind the visual. EX: our position on the map is accurate and the map shows that we're at an exit ramp. The voice comes on and says to take the next exit in 1/2-mile- but that's the exit ramp that we're already on and that the map shows us on. Odd, huh?

2. The window sticker says that this car is nearly twice the emissions of the average new car. Twice! It says that the average new car is 0.58 and the MINI is 1.0 (lower is better). Whats up with that?

Otherwise, he was delivered with 7 miles and we're already up to 240.

Anyone else going to be at the ABI track thing next weekend? We will be!

Old 10-09-2005, 02:10 PM
bumble's angel
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!! I hope you have a long enjoyable motoring future ahead of you.

Old 10-09-2005, 03:52 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
I'll be there.

Hi All,

I am now the proud driver of a new 2006 MINI Cooper S

Got the XM radio installed before we even left the showroom. Fortunately, the Blitzsafe documentation that says that it's not compatible with the H/K stereo is wrong. The only problem we had was fitting the XM tuner box and the Blitzsafe adapter in the cubby hole as the H/K amp takes up most of the room in there... it's a tight fit be we made it.

Next is the Bluetooth modile and Radar detector hardwiring.

A few small comments, though:

1. The NAV was already updated and it looks great, but the voice instructions seem to lag behind the visual. EX: our position on the map is accurate and the map shows that we're at an exit ramp. The voice comes on and says to take the next exit in 1/2-mile- but that's the exit ramp that we're already on and that the map shows us on. Odd, huh?

2. The window sticker says that this car is nearly twice the emissions of the average new car. Twice! It says that the average new car is 0.58 and the MINI is 1.0 (lower is better). Whats up with that?

Otherwise, he was delivered with 7 miles and we're already up to 240.

Anyone else going to be at the ABI track thing next weekend? We will be!