1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 12:02 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IT"S HERE in Orlando from the UNDINE shipment, 6 weeks, to the day, from the order date. I have seen it, but now where is my wife to drive up there? Looks like tomorrow, my daughter is taking her nap and my wife has to go to work. Oh well....

Old 11-21-2005, 03:28 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to post a correction, I was called by south bay mini and was corrected on the price of the alarm installed. The install time is like 2.3 hours. Think the total ended up being like 580 something, plus or minus.

Still seems a little expensive though, I will decide if I will install it or have them do it

Old 11-21-2005, 03:54 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
Wow!

Originally Posted by CDMINI
IT"S HERE in Orlando from the UNDINE shipment, 6 weeks, to the day, from the order date. I have seen it, but now where is my wife to drive up there? Looks like tomorrow, my daughter is taking her nap and my wife has to go to work. Oh well....
Oh wow! I would be finding a way up there.......calling a taxi or finding a friend or something! LOL Did you call your MA or did they call you to let you know it was there? Man, I'm dying of anticipation here!!!! All I could think about on the drive home today (in my co-workers Honda) was how much more fun the drive would be in my little MINI. ::sigh:: I miss her already and she's not even here yet....

~PJ

Old 11-21-2005, 03:55 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
By the way, Owner's Lounge today changed to say my MCS is at the VDC center, after discharge from the ship on Thursday. IT IS in the DEALER'S LOT, did I mention that? Still dirty and in it's plastic wrappers as of 1PM today. I can walk to pick it up in the AM, it's that close to my house. My wife wasn't that happy about the buy, but says maybe she'll get used to it after she drives it for a month...

Old 11-21-2005, 03:57 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
okay, that's it...

By the way, Owner's Lounge today changed to say my MCS is at the VDC center, after discharge from the ship on Thursday. IT IS in the DEALER'S LOT, did I mention that? Still dirty and in it's plastic wrappers as of 1PM today. I can walk to pick it up in the AM, it's that close to my house. My wife wasn't that happy about the buy, but says maybe she'll get used to it after she drives it for a month...
I know Florida is a lot closer to SC than Dallas is, but I'm calling my MA in the morning and checking on the status of it. God I would LOVE it if I could get it before Thanksgiving!!! Please take pictures of it when you get it in the morning and post them for us to see! I can't wait to see what you got! Congrats and HAPPY MOTORING!!!

~PJ

Old 11-21-2005, 04:03 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Estimated delivery wasn't until Wednesday, 11-23, so they are shoving them out of the VDC center, GOOD LUCK and speedy delivery...

Don't know about the photos, I'll try, BUT the wife is the photographer and as I said above, she wasn't real thrilled about this deal.

Old 11-21-2005, 04:56 PM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by FlynHawaiian
I would like to post a correction, I was called by south bay mini and was corrected on the price of the alarm installed. The install time is like 2.3 hours. Think the total ended up being like 580 something, plus or minus.

Still seems a little expensive though, I will decide if I will install it or have them do it
Is that $580 for install, alarm, and tax?

Old 11-21-2005, 05:08 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
not sure about the tax. I was quoted like 235 for the parts from a friend, so yah. I think I'm going to install it myself. and use the money to buy something else. Just seems a bit much for an alarm.

Old 11-21-2005, 06:23 PM
gareno
2nd Gear
I got my call today too. Mine is at the Dealer!!!! My scheduled delivery online says 11-24. So mine too is early. But here's the bad news. My MA says there is no way they can do the PDI tomorrow, due to so many to do on top of their usual service load. Then it gets worse. They're closed Wednesday and Thursday. So the earliest they'll get to it is Friday. I scheduled my delivery with my MA Saturday morning at 9am. That's the hard part, knowing its there and not being able to get it!!!!!

Old 11-21-2005, 06:26 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gareno
I got my call today too. Mine is at the Dealer!!!! My scheduled delivery online says 11-24. So mine too is early. But here's the bad news. My MA says there is no way they can do the PDI tomorrow, due to so many to do on top of their usual service load. Then it gets worse. They're closed Wednesday and Thursday. So the earliest they'll get to it is Friday. I scheduled my delivery with my MA Saturday morning at 9am. That's the hard part, knowing its there and not being able to get it!!!!!
Congrats!! I'm excited for you! Man, that must be hard having to wait until Saturday to pick it up. It will probably be the same thing here. Maybe mine will call me tomorrow! ::keeping fingers crossed:: Be sure to take pictures too! THEY ARE ROLLING IN GIRLS AND BOYS!! Be safe as you travel over the holidays and take extra good care of your new family member! Happy Motoring!

~PJ

Old 11-21-2005, 08:04 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
grates everyone, very happy that everyone is getting there babies

Old 11-22-2005, 10:17 AM
chopsuidaho
Neutral
Has anybody found the Tosca? It would be cool to see where it is.

Old 11-22-2005, 10:20 AM
CDMINI
5th Gear
I am MOTORING (not at the moment, )...pics when available. DOWNTOWN MINI in Orlando is the BEST...

Old 11-22-2005, 11:15 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Best I can tell you is it will be in panama by the 28th. You should be able to find it then.

CD Grates on the mini. Glad everything worked out well for you. I'm envious of you right now

Old 11-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Tahoe Mini
1st Gear
What?? 16 Days At Port ????

Can you believe it? Sure seems like a long time to have any car just sit there. I know my '06 has finally left port according to my MA and I decided I don't want to track it because it would be like watching grass grow! Instead, I'll just wait for his call and head down to pick up my Xmas present.

It has to go thru the Panama to Port Hueneme, California and then to Albuquerque, New Mexico. BTW, great dealership, no mark-ups over MSRP and only 3 % sales tax on new cars registered in New Mexico.

I'm looking forward to owning this little rocket ship more than my big testosterone, hard-to-drive, gas guzzling muscle cars. Also, what a great support site for owners and Mini enthusiasts..you NAM addicts ROCK!!!

DS/S, JCW/JCW Brakes, all 4 options, Park Lane Leather, HK, fogs, chrome interior, chrome mirror caps, anthracite dash, headliner, (Alarm & Sirius from Classic Mini heading this way!)

Old 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by FlynHawaiian
I'm envious of you right now
Or of my WIFE, she's out now with it. It didn't even take a day, she LIKES it so things are OK on the home front about my latest buy. Sorry, still no photos, maybe tomorrow. Love the Pepper White, really MUCHO

Old 11-22-2005, 05:15 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Or of my WIFE, she's out now with it. It didn't even take a day, she LIKES it so things are OK on the home front about my latest buy. Sorry, still no photos, maybe tomorrow. Love the Pepper White, really MUCHO
Glad the wifey loves it

Old 11-22-2005, 05:22 PM
paulsminis
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
It's at the dealer!

Our new 2006 arrived at the dealer in Cincinnati late this afternoon! My SMA called me to say it was here. With their service department having to install the Aero Kit and the SportLink, we will probably not be able to take delivery until Friday at the earliest. I did offer a little extra for the head service guy if they could get it done tomorrow, but I guess they have their hands full right now.

It will not be long now!

I post this to give hope to those in the Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois area whose cars shared the cruise on the Unidine with our car.

cheers,

Paul

Old 11-22-2005, 05:46 PM
jeff71
Neutral
Originally Posted by Tahoe Mini
...It has to go thru the Panama to Port Hueneme, California and then to Albuquerque, New Mexico. BTW, great dealership, no mark-ups over MSRP and only 3 % sales tax on new cars registered in New Mexico....
Hey Tahoe Mini! I'm in Santa Fe, NM. My MCS is a week 44 and is currently aboard the Tosca, which is due to arrive in Port Hueneme on 12/7. It sounds like our cars might be on the same ship and might arrive at Sandia MINI at the same time!

Have they given you an approximate pickup date?

Old 11-22-2005, 08:18 PM
novemberist
3rd Gear
CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see pics of the PW!

Old 11-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Chicanery
1st Gear
Has anyone been able to find out the vessel call number or identification number for the Tosca? I've done quite a bit of looking and as yet have been unable to find this info. I thought it might be fun to track the ship's position at sea, but you can't without the id number. Any ideas?:smile:

Update/edit: I think the ship's callsign is S6AN. Can anyone confirm this number or find the ship at sea?

Old 11-23-2005, 04:50 AM
Pyro515
1st Gear
Well I am now the proud owner of a 2006 Mini Cooper S!!!! WHOOHOO!!!

I just picked up my Production 44 mini last nite! Man, this car is fun to drive. I think I will have a permenant smile for the forseeable future... The delievery process went very smoothly with pretty much no hiccups. The best part was the drive afterwards with my sales guy. He took me on some nice windy roads, 2 minis, ripping up the streets (staying under 4500rpm of course) great way to break it the "Roller Coaster" in... :smile:

Good Luck everybody with getting yours...

Now for the mods to begin...

Mike

Old 11-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Tahoe Mini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jeff71
Hey Tahoe Mini! I'm in Santa Fe, NM. My MCS is a week 44 and is currently aboard the Tosca, which is due to arrive in Port Hueneme on 12/7. It sounds like our cars might be on the same ship and might arrive at Sandia MINI at the same time!

Have they given you an approximate pickup date?
Hi Jeff71,

No exact date although they estimate that it will be at the port of arrival for up to 7 or 8 days, 3 to 5 days enroute to ABQ and 3 to 5 days to prep so in total from the 7th, we're probably looking at the end of December with some luck! BTW, I used to live in Santa Fe...great place!!
Robert

Old 11-23-2005, 08:09 AM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Pyro515
Well I am now the proud owner of a 2006 Mini Cooper S!!!! WHOOHOO!!!

I just picked up my Production 44 mini last nite! Man, this car is fun to drive. I think I will have a permenant smile for the forseeable future... The delievery process went very smoothly with pretty much no hiccups. The best part was the drive afterwards with my sales guy. He took me on some nice windy roads, 2 minis, ripping up the streets (staying under 4500rpm of course) great way to break it the "Roller Coaster" in... :smile:

Good Luck everybody with getting yours...

Now for the mods to begin...

Mike
Sounds awesome Mike! I look forward to seeing you around!
now if my week 45 car will get here next week I'll be the happiest guy I know! how long did it take from your car to get from the VDC to delivery? And what dealer did you order from? I doubt there would be any difference whether it went to princeton, main line or ottos though!

Old 11-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Pyro515
1st Gear
Originally Posted by theroyalwe
Sounds awesome Mike! I look forward to seeing you around!
now if my week 45 car will get here next week I'll be the happiest guy I know! how long did it take from your car to get from the VDC to delivery? And what dealer did you order from? I doubt there would be any difference whether it went to princeton, main line or ottos though!
Thanks!

I ordered it from Main Line Mini. Mark was my sales guy... Really knew his stuff.

My car arrived in NYC on the 17th, and was delivered to the dealer on the 21st so about 4-5 days till it reaches your dealer... :smile:

Who did you order yours from?

Quick Reply: Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4