1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 08:42 AM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pyro515
Thanks!

I ordered it from Main Line Mini. Mark was my sales guy... Really knew his stuff.

My car arrived in NYC on the 17th, and was delivered to the dealer on the 21st so about 4-5 days till it reaches your dealer... :smile:

Who did you order yours from?
yeah I dealt with mark the time I went to Main Line he seemed like a good guy but he was busy with a delivery so I ended up with the younger guy and wasn't overly pleased. I ended up ordering from michelle at Otto's. I just emailed her so hopefully she will be able to shed some light on my estimated delivery date of 12/7. The Boheme should be unloading my car on friday so I have hopes of taking delivery on saturday the 3rd... but we'll see!

Old 11-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Elsewhere
1st Gear
Originally Posted by CDMINI
By the way, Owner's Lounge today changed to say my MCS is at the VDC center, after discharge from the ship on Thursday. IT IS in the DEALER'S LOT, did I mention that? Still dirty and in it's plastic wrappers as of 1PM today. I can walk to pick it up in the AM, it's that close to my house. My wife wasn't that happy about the buy, but says maybe she'll get used to it after she drives it for a month...
Something very strange happened this morning... my status, according to the 866-MiniUSA phone system, has bounced backward from En Route to At the Port Awaiting a Shipping Vessel!!!

Just the other day I was told that it would arrive here in the US on Nov. 21 with a delivery date of Dec. 3... now it sounds like it never actually left England!

Any idea what is happening???

Old 11-23-2005, 10:15 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
did you put your vin in on the shipping companies site?

That might reval somethings

Old 11-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Elsewhere
1st Gear
I've tried looking it up on the shipping website but the website has never been able to find it.

I wonder if my car got lost at the port?

Old 11-23-2005, 10:42 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
If you cannot find your car in the auto tracking section of the website, my guess is that you missed the boat and your baby didn't get loaded

Old 11-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Elsewhere
1st Gear
Very strange!

I called my MINI dealer today and he assured me that my car is at the distribution center and should be here in Dallas in a week or so.

Old 11-23-2005, 05:21 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
It's Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From my MA at MINI of Dallas....

"PJ.
I'm sorry for not calling. I've run out of time today. I wanted you to know that the MINI arrived this evening about 6pm. I've sent an email to my service dept. so I'm hopeful that you'll be able to come and pick up your MINI on Friday.
I'll touch base with you on Friday morning to confirm."

ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!! Now I can sleep better knowing she is safe and sound at the dealership. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm going to drive by there tomorrow to see if I can sneak a peek.

Old 11-23-2005, 06:28 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Elsewhere
I called my MINI dealer today and he assured me that my car is at the distribution center and should be here in Dallas in a week or so.
Trust the dealer, ASK MINI knows nothing from when it reaches the Port terminal, that's what they told me. And their system bounces around quite a bit. You WILL get it when the MA says you will, if not sooner, OK?

Old 11-23-2005, 09:05 PM
inzeos
2nd Gear
Picked her up today and omg my face hurts! The grin and smiley is just too much

Clocked in around 160miles on her today, took care of three people on my you have to give me a ride list.

Worth the wait, love my anthracite interior options. Still debating the iPod adaptor, stinks that it doesn't support ID3 tags.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:13 PM
novemberist
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Chicanery
Has anyone been able to find out the vessel call number or identification number for the Tosca? I've done quite a bit of looking and as yet have been unable to find this info. I thought it might be fun to track the ship's position at sea, but you can't without the id number. Any ideas?:smile:

Update/edit: I think the ship's callsign is S6AN. Can anyone confirm this number or find the ship at sea?
I did some checking too and only got as far as what you have. Maybe they just aren't reporting info? Who knows.

Old 11-24-2005, 07:54 AM
Elsewhere
1st Gear
Hot damn! My Owners Lounge has updated and no longer lists the estimated delivery date as Dec. 3.... it is now Nov. 27!!!

It would be so awsome if I was able to pick it up this weekend!!!!

Old 11-24-2005, 12:08 PM
gareno
2nd Gear
I bet your car is already at the dealer, or will be there tomorrow. The day mine did that...it was already there. Still haven't picked it up because my dealer was too busy to prep it. I'm scheduled to pick up on Saturday.

Originally Posted by Elsewhere
Hot damn! My Owners Lounge has updated and no longer lists the estimated delivery date as Dec. 3.... it is now Nov. 27!!!

It would be so awsome if I was able to pick it up this weekend!!!!

Old 11-26-2005, 04:11 PM
paulsminis
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
We drove our 2006 all BRG Cooper S away from Cincinnati MINI last night about 6PM. Absolutely love it! After I've gotten through the run-in period, I will really find out how much more I like it than the 2003 all BRG Cooper S we traded in.

cheers to all on the thread and enjoy your new cars!

Paul

Old 11-26-2005, 06:44 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
Meet Dory!!!

Hello everyone! I picked up Dory (yes, from Finding Nemo) on Friday evening and have been motoring ever since. I already have over 200 miles logged! I have given a ride to just about everyone I know now and have even given a few of my MA's business cards out. My mom is now begging my dad for one, my uncle wants one, and a few of my friends are going to go test drive them. I drove all over the place today...even though it was raining. She handled beautifully! Yes, I have some pictures, but they are still on the camera. I will have to upload them soon. I just got in from a full day of driving (left at 10am this morning and got home at 8pm LOL!) I'll have some pictures up soon........and I will never own another car. I'm a MINI freak from here on out!

Happy Motoring!
~PJ & Dory

Old 11-26-2005, 09:33 PM
gareno
2nd Gear
I picked mine up today also. Haven't had a chance to do a bunch of driving. I think I'm up to 80miles and 40 of it was just getting home. I hope to do more tomorrow....

Old 11-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Elsewhere
1st Gear
Ok, now I'm getting down...

My Owners Lounge status now shows "At Distribution Center" with an Estimated Delivery Date of Nov. 26th. Yesterday it showed "Nov. 27th"... so things are going backwards in time. I've already dropped by my dealer hoping that I might get a peek of her until she's ready to be delivered, but she was not there yet.

My dealer said that she might arrive on a truck in the next week or so.

Old 11-27-2005, 10:09 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
OMG WEST COAST PEOPLE... sorry to get your hopes up :P. Our cars will be in panama tomarrow ARN'T YOU EXCITED? 9 more days after that our cars will be in FOXANARD!

Old 11-27-2005, 03:49 PM
paulsminis
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Here's our car! Took this earlier today while we were out for a drive. I am impressed with the lots of small differences from our 2003 MCS.

Old 11-27-2005, 07:03 PM
novemberist
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by paulsminis
Here's our car! Took this earlier today while we were out for a drive. I am impressed with the lots of small differences from our 2003 MCS.
Congrats!!! I love the Aero Kit. It really makes the MINI look amazing.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:27 PM
Chicanery
1st Gear
Originally Posted by FlynHawaiian
OMG WEST COAST PEOPLE... sorry to get your hopes up :P. Our cars will be in panama tomarrow ARN'T YOU EXCITED? 9 more days after that our cars will be in FOXANARD!
I'm right there with yah!

Old 11-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Steeroidz
3rd Gear
I got my '06 DS/S MCS on the 23rd from Downtown MINI in Orlando. Other than the 13 miles I put on it driving it straight home from the dealer on Wednesday, I hadn't driven it at all till tonight (another story). Tonight I drove it approx 75+ miles, and had a blast =) Took a friend of mine on a ~50 mile trip, then later took my mom for a quick ride, then later after that took another friend around for some spirited driving. Was a lot of fun =)

I'll take some pics soon and share them with everybody.

Old 11-28-2005, 04:16 AM
gareno
2nd Gear
I loaded a few pictures in my gallery. Love the car. I think I've broke the 100mile mark now. Just picked up the car on Saturday.

Old 11-28-2005, 07:28 AM
inzeos
2nd Gear
Still need to take some pictures of my car, have to clean it first though :( We had some gross rain and brief snow flakes the day after I brought her home.

I think I'll name her Miss Wicked, since she is of course wicked cool

Old 11-28-2005, 08:32 PM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
[quote=FlynHawaiian]OMG WEST COAST PEOPLE... sorry to get your hopes up :P. Our cars will be in panama tomarrow ARN'T YOU EXCITED? 9 more days after that our cars will be in FOXANARD!

Nice! I was sitting in traffic on my way home from work, and I look over to my left and see a new MCS. After another mile I look over to the left and see a another new mini. I can't wait, I called up my MA after seeing one from Assael, and yeah he's off for the day. Oh well! I'm happy to hear a few of you are starting to get your cars, congrats! Lets start seeing some pics of your mini beasts!

Old 11-28-2005, 10:40 PM
novemberist
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Chicanery
I'm right there with yah!
Did anyone notice that the date for Panama arrival got pushed back to the 29th??

This shipping process just gives me so much grief!

Quick Reply: Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4