1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Elsewhere
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PjTheJester
Oh I know that dealership! LOL
Congrats! She's beautiful!! Who was your MA again? Have you joined Metroplexmini.org? I've looked around on there, but haven't joined....I'm thinking about it. I hope you have tons of fun zipping around the metroplex....keep in touch and maybe we'll cross paths one day....
Thanks! The MA was Jeremy. Oh, and I signed up at Metroplexmini.org a few months ago. It was the only way of getting my MINI Fix until my baby arrived.

dxturner
I know that dealership, too I picked mine up Tuesday and they were stacking them deep in the showroom and said they had a lot of deliveries scheduled. Rec'd something like 30 cars in a week
I picked up mine on Tuesday too. I was there around 4:30 and had to wait until they finished with another guy who was ahead of me. That wouldn't happen to have been you would it?

Old 12-02-2005, 11:55 AM
dxturner
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked up mine on Tuesday too. I was there around 4:30 and had to wait until they finished with another guy who was ahead of me. That wouldn't happen to have been you would it?
Not me Picked mine up at 2PM and left a little after 3 - hope to meet you at metroplexmini meeting or happy hour ... as soon as I can make one

Old 12-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Tahoe Mini
1st Gear
I will say this, anyone thinking about driving a stick shift should have a whalden. I

Hi FlynHawaiian,
Guess I'm in the same "boat" as you but not sure since I didn't do the detail look-up that you've done. I am due into Port Hueneme near Ventura, California on the 7th and then from there to Albuquerque for delivery. By the way, I bought one of Doug's fabulous shifters too. His last name is "WHALEN" instead of Walden btw.

What's a CG-lock??

Good luck on your new Mini. Sounds like it will be a great color combo.

Tahoe Mini
DS/S JCW~4 packages
Parklane
Anthracite headliner, dash
H/K
6 SPD

Old 12-02-2005, 06:40 PM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
Any updates on where our cars are at? I haven't gotten a call from my MA yet so I guess we'll probably be getting our cars next weekend. I just want my car already.. COME ON EARLY CHIRSTMAS PRESENT!

Old 12-02-2005, 08:17 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Yes your right . I always consider the port at oxanard rather then ventura :P.

And anyone who has been to oxanard usually calls it foxanard. Or at least we used to. I always spells dougs last name just WRONG I"M SORRY :(. Yah I have been watching the boat every day trying to track it down.

CG LOCK is the bestest thing ever

http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/

I have an extra one around the house somewhere. I have one in my X3, and I bought an extra one now I have to find it

I highely recomend the cglock

Old 12-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Tahoe Mini
1st Gear
Cg Lock

FlyHawaiian~

Thanks for the info on the CG lock...I ordered one. Looks like a great
product.

Much appreciated!
Tahoe Mini

Old 12-05-2005, 10:06 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
No problem . Gotta love finding good products . I absolutly love mine. I cannot wait for wensday. Our babies finally make it to america! I know Synthia is cold and wet and wants to be loved and held and driven.

I wounder do you need to stay with her in the garage for the first night so she gets aclamated to her new home? Like a fish

Old 12-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Hyper Skip
2nd Gear
Try Friday

Originally Posted by FlynHawaiian
No problem . Gotta love finding good products . I absolutly love mine. I cannot wait for wensday. Our babies finally make it to america! I know Synthia is cold and wet and wants to be loved and held and driven.

I wounder do you need to stay with her in the garage for the first night so she gets aclamated to her new home? Like a fish
Check the ship schedule it has been changed. The Tosca will not be in port until 12/9/05 Friday.

Old 12-05-2005, 01:39 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
NO! NO! NO! NO!. HOW CAN THIS BE, SUCH A GREAT INJUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE. I THINK I'M GOING TO GO CRY IN THE CORNER!

Old 12-05-2005, 07:45 PM
novemberist
3rd Gear
I knew this was going to happen.

Oh Panama, why did you delay our MINIs????

Old 12-05-2005, 10:54 PM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
This sux! I want my car already. Where do you guys get the shipping info from? Here's a very good quote for us all by Ovid: "Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour." Is anyone else getting their cars at Assael Mini in Monrovia?

Old 12-06-2005, 07:54 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
South Bay Mini for me. David Church, great guy really tries his best with everything

Old 12-06-2005, 06:45 PM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
My MINI is almost home. Last week did the paper work, today picked her up, she's resting at the office tonight before surprising the family tomorrow!

The drive from the dealership to the garage was sweet!

-Ronald, Houston, TX
'06 MINI MCSC, JCW, PW/B

Old 12-06-2005, 06:49 PM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
I was looking through the astrology section on yahoo and I checked up my Horoscope this is what it said, "The heavens have been plotting to put you on move for sometime now. Whether you'll end up in a plane, a train or a long distance drive won't matter. You'll be on the road soon, and loving every minute." How crazy is that!

Old 12-06-2005, 06:50 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
now if it only said, "your new baby will be at port tomarrow" it would make me feel right as rain. Hopefully the new update is wrong and our babies are sitting in foxanard tomarrow

Old 12-06-2005, 07:56 PM
novemberist
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RipKurl
This sux! I want my car already. Where do you guys get the shipping info from? Here's a very good quote for us all by Ovid: "Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour." Is anyone else getting their cars at Assael Mini in Monrovia?
Don't know if you've found your answer yet, but we're using the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site: http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

Click on "cargo tracking" then "auto cargo". Input your VIN into the field provided and off you go!

How's Assael MINI been treating you? I went with South Bay even though Assael is closer to me.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:10 AM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by novemberist
Don't know if you've found your answer yet, but we're using the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site: http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

Click on "cargo tracking" then "auto cargo". Input your VIN into the field provided and off you go!

How's Assael MINI been treating you? I went with South Bay even though Assael is closer to me.
Thanx bro! Assael is okay not as great as I thought they should be treating me. But, my dad's doing most of the talking with the MA. All the info i get is from you gents and thanx a lot. Just went onto that site and my mini isn't showing up? Crap hopefully my mini's on the ship if not i'll be one unhappy camper.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:13 AM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by FlynHawaiian
now if it only said, "your new baby will be at port tomarrow" it would make me feel right as rain. Hopefully the new update is wrong and our babies are sitting in foxanard tomarrow
Now that would be a really sweet horoscope. I wish we could just drive over to Oxnard and pick up our cars. How soon do you guys think we'll be able to pick them up as soon as the cars port?

Old 12-07-2005, 09:16 AM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
One more question for you guys. How much are you paying for the dealer mark up? I'm paying $2000, and i'm not sure if its a good price or am I paying way too much?

Old 12-07-2005, 09:36 AM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$299 Document FEE only but we don't live on the LEFT Coast where these mark-ups seem to be the cost of doing business there, plus the pollution crap is more complicated to get a vehicle CALIFORNIZED.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:40 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Markup? Whats that?

I refused to pay markup. I went to bob smith origionally and was quoted like 3500. It was rediculous. Thats MOD money there. I went to south bay and met a really nice man, named david church. He instructed me that THEY ONLY SELL FOR MSRP!

I ordered one in september, and was quoted a buld date some time in december. Things got moving quite quickly, I think because it was a spaceblue/silver car.

Old 12-07-2005, 02:47 PM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
Hey gents our boat is in Oxnards! My MA just called me and said I should be able to pick it up on Friday.. But I'm not sure if I could cuz I have work from 11pm/7am.

Old 12-07-2005, 02:48 PM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
Anyone else get the good news?

Old 12-07-2005, 04:11 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Sent an email, OMG if you got my hopes up for nothing I'm going to cry.
I need some good news today.

I just got the alarm in a box :P. Looks super simple. Maybe I can jump and it will be finished.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:47 PM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
Give your MA a call. I got my fingers crossed for everyone.

Quick Reply: Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4