1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 07:15 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeRKtect
I finally got a VIN but as you said, no options yet.
Joe,

You need to update your Signature now... Your baby may be thousands of miles away, but according to ASK MINI, it's more than just in design!

Old 10-25-2005, 08:39 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Goodbye week 44... Hello week 46

I just got screwed!

I called ASK-MINI today to check my status and thought "Maybe I'll confirm the spec... just to make sure that everything is OK." It's a good thing I did!

My MA mis-ordered my roof color!!!

I was going PW/PW (with painted arches, once I get the car) for a very Euro look and they selected a black roof! The only thing worse than this would have been not checking and finding out in December that they had to re-order the car and that I had another 2 months to wait!

I strongly recommend that you all call ASK-MINI and confirm your colors and options with a real person.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:16 AM
Pyro515
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn... That sucks!!

Were they able to catch it in time or are you pushed back now?

I just called ASK MINI yesterday and confirmed my options, thankfully my options are correct...

Mike

Old 10-26-2005, 04:28 AM
agranger
6th Gear
It appears that once you have your VIN, you are locked in. The mis-ordered car will still be made and delivered to my dealer... and sold to another buyer. Mine is now 2 weeks later in week 46.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Pyro515
1st Gear
That stinks man... Well at least you will have a nice Christmas Present...

Thankfully you only have to wait 2 more weeks vs a full 2 months like before...

Mike

Old 10-27-2005, 02:23 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
Production Date Nov. 3rd!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all! I am new to this message board, although I have been lurking around for a while. I live in Dallas and ordered my MINI the day that another dealership haggled me to death and I got up and left. The MINI dealership was right down the street, so I went over there "just for kicks". My MINI was ordered less than a week later.

Here are my specs...

MINI Cooper Convertible
Cool Blue Metalic
Auto CVT Transmission
Chrome exterior
Anthracyte interior
Standard 15" Alloy wheels

I forget what else off the top of my head. I went by the dealership yesterday and my advisor said my delivery date was December 3rd. Sooner than I expected, but still seems like such a looooooooooooong time to wait. I sold my "other" car last week so I'm having to bum rides from friends/co-workers and ride public transportation. God I can't wait for my MINI to come in.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. Maybe I'll see some of you driving around Dallas in your new babies soon!

Ciao!
PJ

Old 10-27-2005, 05:58 PM
minirab
5th Gear
Production Week 44

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: I could'nt wait anymore, I was set on ordering in
Dec. for a spring delivery but I have wanted/needed a MCS since I
first drove one in May 2003. I placed my order with Benn Edwards at
Towson Mini (Baltimore) this past Tuesday.
Astro Black
Front Fog Lights
Rear Fog light
Anthracite headliner
Anthracite Interior
Center Armrest
Aero Kit
(ASA AR-1 in black, Borla exhaust and 15 % pulley to follow)
It's going to be a hell of a good Xmas present

Old 10-27-2005, 06:11 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Originally Posted by minirab
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: I could'nt wait anymore, I was set on ordering in
Dec. for a spring delivery but I have wanted/needed a MCS since I
first drove one in May 2003. I placed my order with Benn Edwards at
Towson Mini (Baltimore) this past Tuesday.
Astro Black
Front Fog Lights
Rear Fog light
Anthracite headliner
Anthracite Interior
Center Armrest
Aero Kit
(ASA AR-1 in black, Borla exhaust and 15 % pulley to follow)
It's going to be a hell of a good Xmas present
Don't forget to join the Astro Black Registery

Old 10-27-2005, 06:12 PM
RIPPER
4th Gear
Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts
I also just ordered a mcs from mini of towson this past monday

cr/cr
sport pkg
cold pkg
cr/dash&door
lsd
cloth seats

Old 10-28-2005, 03:05 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ASK MINI says, "Just coming out of the paint shop now." YEAH BABY...

They also said they only have answers at their ASK MINI phone line up until it reachs it's departure port, and the MA has all the answers after that. My MA is off all next week so I shouldn't get any other info until maybe after it's on the ship. Southhampton to Charleston, S.C. is how many days, TEN or so?

Old 10-28-2005, 05:10 PM
agranger
6th Gear
I saw this schedule (and other shipments) listed in one of the other 42-46 week support threads:

[font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]WALLENIUS WILHELMSEN[/font][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]Orig Port Depart Date Arrival Port Arrival Date Ship name[/font][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]SOUTHAMPTON[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]13/11/2005[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]CHARLESTON[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]26/11/2005[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] PATRIOT
[/font]
[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]SOUTHAMPTON[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]17/11/2005[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]CHARLESTON[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]01/12/2005[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]LIBERTY[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]
[/font]
[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]SOUTHAMPTON[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]24/11/2005[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]CHARLESTON[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]08/12/2005[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] INTEGRITY
[/font]
[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]SOUTHAMPTON[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]01/12/2005[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]CHARLESTON[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]15/12/2005[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] FREEDOM [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]
[/font]
[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]SOUTHAMPTON[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]08/12/2005[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]CHARLESTON[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] [/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana]22/12/2005[/font][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana] COURAGE[/font][/size][/font]

Old 10-29-2005, 06:12 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
SOUTHAMPTON 06/11/2005 CHARLESTON,SC 19/11/2005 COURAGE EB531-COG
SOUTHAMPTON 07/11/2005 CHARLESTON,SC 17/11/2005 UNDINE EX510-UND
SOUTHAMPTON 13/11/2005 CHARLESTON,SC 26/11/2005 PATRIOT EB532-PAT 13

Does anyone know if all these ships, Courage, Undine and Patriot all ship MINIS? I will be hoping for a berth on one for our 11-1 completed MINI. That might get her here in "mousetown" before the end of the month.

Old 10-29-2005, 06:20 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by agranger
My MA mis-ordered my roof color!
My MA printed out my order with a production number when I made it, I saw it was ordered with black upholstery instead of grey/black. He changed it right then and ASK MINI confirmed it at least 3 times after that... I guess I just have to check everything and everyone, I'd better leave it at that or the whole order will be wrong when I see it.

I still might take it if it's an MCS of any color. I've almost taken a couple others on the floor already...

Old 10-30-2005, 08:40 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CDMINI
I still might take it if it's an MCS of any color. I've almost taken a couple others on the floor already...
I thought about it for a few minutes, but I've been waiting 2 years for this (had to recover from a lay-off), so what's 2 weeks in the grand scheme of things... I really want that PW/PW combo that will look even better when I can color code the arches!

Old 10-30-2005, 08:50 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
here's my MINI

Aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks to everyone for all your help (especially DrDiff). Here is my baby MINI (my sig)...suppose to be born November 3rd with a December 3rd delivery date. Here's to hopin' she's not late!

~PJ

Old 10-31-2005, 06:43 AM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by agranger
so what's 2 weeks in the grand scheme of things... I really want that PW/PW combo...
You are absolutely right to get the Order the way you want it. That's why I turned down the Royal Grey for the PW. BUT...I still go in and SEE the RG and think I could be driving RIGHT NOW, it's a hoot, even took my 2 year old in the other day and put her in the driver's seat. She grabbed the stick shift and wheel like a PRO, after that she didn't like the back seat at all, I wonder why?

Old 10-31-2005, 12:36 PM
V70R
3rd Gear
I have to say farewell to week 44. I've been moved to 42!

I'm sorry to say this, but I called ask mini today and they told me my car started production on 10.20, which they indicated to me was week 42. It was a nice little surprise! There didn't seem to be much of a week 42 club on NAM, so I'll ask you week 44 people when you think I might reasonably expect my car to show up at my dealer? I would guess it takes a week to build one of these, right?

Old 10-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Hyper Skip
2nd Gear
Find out your vehicle finish date

Originally Posted by V70R
I'm sorry to say this, but I called ask mini today and they told me my car started production on 10.20, which they indicated to me was week 42. It was a nice little surprise! There didn't seem to be much of a week 42 club on NAM, so I'll ask you week 44 people when you think I might reasonably expect my car to show up at my dealer? I would guess it takes a week to build one of these, right?
My JCW checkmate began production on 10-18-05, I called Ask MINI today and they still show in production with completion by 11-3-05. But they don't show it assembled or painted or waiting to be shipped etc. Get your finish date and then check the shipping schedules posted on these threads. That will give you an aproximate date.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:46 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Same Mine keeps saying it's in production and will be completed 11/5.

WHERE IS MY BABY, is she in the paint shop or where, how do I find out

Old 11-01-2005, 09:53 AM
V70R
3rd Gear
Ask mini has been pretty clueless in the last week or so. The keep telling me to call back in a few days as they will have more info then. If my car was started on 10.20, then its probably either finished, or close to finished. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to track these things once a VIN# is created.

You know what would be reallly cool, is if mini could go the route that VW takes with their phaeton - you can see digital stills of your car through various stages of build. That doesn't seem that difficult to implement either.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:37 AM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
In body shop!

Hello all! I called on my MINI yesterday and they said it was in the body shop! I can't believe that she's really being built as we speak.

It still feels like a dream. I guess I won't believe I really have one until I drive her home. Although I have temporarily named her Ellen, I'm not sure it will stick. I'm looking for name ideas. Perhaps I need to wait and let her name herself. Wow, I'm sounding weird here. LOL

Well, since I will be getting my CONVERTIBLE in December here in Texas, that kind of bums me out because its such perfect weather for one right NOW! Anyone close to Dallas still drive with the top down in the winter?

~PJ

Old 11-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Hyper Skip
2nd Gear
Give Ask MINI a call

Originally Posted by PjTheJester
Hello all! I called on my MINI yesterday and they said it was in the body shop! I can't believe that she's really being built as we speak.

It still feels like a dream. I guess I won't believe I really have one until I drive her home. Although I have temporarily named her Ellen, I'm not sure it will stick. I'm looking for name ideas. Perhaps I need to wait and let her name herself. Wow, I'm sounding weird here. LOL

Well, since I will be getting my CONVERTIBLE in December here in Texas, that kind of bums me out because its such perfect weather for one right NOW! Anyone close to Dallas still drive with the top down in the winter?

~PJ
I called today and now I'm in the paint shop with a completion dat of 11-4-05 instead of 11-3-05. I asked how long does the car sit be for it gets to a boat. The ASK MINI rep said about a week. So I will probably miss the Cali boat on 11-10-05 and get the next one that leaves on 11-19-05

Old 11-01-2005, 11:08 AM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
ship schedules?

Originally Posted by Hyper Skip
So I will probably miss the Cali boat on 11-10-05 and get the next on that leaves on 11-19-05
Where do you find the ship schedules? Mine will be coming into the Charleston port...

PJ :smile:

Old 11-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Hyper Skip
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by FlynHawaiian
Same Mine keeps saying it's in production and will be completed 11/5.

WHERE IS MY BABY, is she in the paint shop or where, how do I find out
Sorry meant for you to call ASK MINi not PJTHEJESTER my bad.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:11 AM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
haha

Originally Posted by Hyper Skip
Sorry meant for you to call ASK MINi not PJTHEJESTER my bad.

LOLOLOLOL

Quick Reply: Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4