1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Hyper Skip
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PjTheJester
Where do you find the ship schedules? Mine will be coming into the Charleston port...

PJ :smile:
Check week 45 & week 40 threads they have shipping site and schedules for your port. Or go to Wallenius Wilhelsen shipping site

Old 11-01-2005, 11:29 AM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
From South Hampton to Charleston

If your baby is coming into Charleston with a week 44 production date, here are the updated shipping schedules:

Depart Arrive Vessel Voyage Trip Time
7/11/2005 17/11/2005 UNDINE EX510-UND 10 day voyage
7/11/2005 20/11/2005 COURAGE EB531-COG 13 day voyage
14/11/2005 26/11/2005 PATRIOT EB532-PAT 12 day voyage
15/11/2005 30/11/2005 BOHEME EA545-BOH 15 day voyage
16/11/2005 28/11/2005 TOSCA EX512-TOS 12 day voyage

Hopefully your baby will be on one of these vessels!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for mine to be on UNDINE or COURAGE! That would rock!

Waiting patiently for the stork...
~PJ

Old 11-01-2005, 11:46 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Theres a cali boat on the 10th? OMG I HOPE SYNTHIA MAKES THE SHIP! When is it coming into port does anyone know?

Old 11-01-2005, 11:48 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Hyper Skip
Sorry meant for you to call ASK MINi not PJTHEJESTER my bad.
I called them, do I talk to a rep or what? the general thing on the phone just says she's in production

Old 11-01-2005, 11:52 AM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
charleston, SC only!

Originally Posted by FlynHawaiian
Theres a cali boat on the 10th? OMG I HOPE SYNTHIA MAKES THE SHIP! When is it coming into port does anyone know?
I don't know about a cali boat. I know the ones I posted were only from South Hampton to Charleston, SC. Do you know what port yours will come in on?

PJ

Old 11-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Hyper Skip
2nd Gear
I called them, do I talk to a rep or what? the general thing on the phone just says she's in production
You have to ask the ASK MINI folks. Speak to a live person not the automated service. Your MA or rep will not know anymore info than they do. You will get the response of "Our system is slow or that it just has not been updated yet." Be a pest and call in the morning then at night to see if its been updated. I did all last week until I got my update today. My concern was that I would be out of town for Xmas. But if the car comes then I can change my plans. The key is for the car to be built and for it to get on a boat ASAP. Because if it arrives to your destination port near the holiday's you know there will be delays between its inspection and prep at the dealer. Everyone will be on Holiday. Your toy will just sit and get dust on it. Which is not its intended purpose unless you collect cars as a hobbie.

Hyper Blue
Checkmate
JCW factory
Chrome exterior/Interior
Armrest
JCW strut bar / ill install dealer way to much for 30 min work
Ipod link

Old 11-01-2005, 12:47 PM
paulsminis
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
ASKMINI is certainly behind the power curve if other signs I am getting are true. According to ASKMINI automated answer, our KERMEE (2) is to be completed on Nov 2. This is after ten days of telling me it was in the paint shop and would be completed Nov 1. So yesterday, I waited on the phone and talked to a person, who looked it up and said it was in "final production" and would be completed by Nov 3. Undaunted, today I logged onto the Wallenius Line website, and it reports that KERMEE2 is at the docks as of noon today, and is booked to go on the Undine, which departs on the 7th.

Fingers are crossed, afterall, KERMEE (the first) got bumped, actually loaded and then unloaded from two ships before making the voyage to NY.

Anyone know if car orders to Cincinnati Mini go through Charleston, rather than NY like the cars that go to the dealer in Columbus, OH???

Keep waiting patiently folks, the cars will arrive,

Paul

Old 11-01-2005, 12:52 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
Paint Shop!

I just called ASK MINI and they told me my baby is in the PAINT SHOP!!!!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Okay, I have to get off this computer and quit obsessing. Need food......need fluids........fresh air. Need my MINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~PJ :smile:

Old 11-01-2005, 02:12 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Yah I have that problem, unfortiently I'm headed back to maui on the 16th and woun't be back until the 30th. I think I woun't see Synthia till the 30th. . But thats okay I can live I think

You have to ask the ASK MINI folks. Speak to a live person not the automated service. Your MA or rep will not know anymore info than they do. You will get the response of "Our system is slow or that it just has not been updated yet." Be a pest and call in the morning then at night to see if its been updated. I did all last week until I got my update today. My concern was that I would be out of town for Xmas. But if the car comes then I can change my plans. The key is for the car to be built and for it to get on a boat ASAP. Because if it arrives to your destination port near the holiday's you know there will be delays between its inspection and prep at the dealer. Everyone will be on Holiday. Your toy will just sit and get dust on it. Which is not its intended purpose unless you collect cars as a hobbie.

Hyper Blue
Checkmate
JCW factory
Chrome exterior/Interior
Armrest
JCW strut bar / ill install dealer way to much for 30 min work
Ipod link

Old 11-01-2005, 02:19 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Paint shop tonight at 12:00-am is where she will be. I'm so happy

Old 11-01-2005, 02:22 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
neighbors!

Paint shop tonight at 12:00-am is where she will be. I'm so happy
We might be neighbors!!!!!!!!! ::waving::

I wonder how long the paint shop takes....

Old 11-01-2005, 02:34 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
When I was at the BMW plant it takes like about 4 hours or so. The bath takes like 20 minutes or so, the actual time is the filler from what I understand. It's truely an amazing process.

I bet we are neighors One side runs one color and the other side runs another color. 15 cars at a time, then cleaning and a new color. I hope I'm not 1 or 15 :P

It's such an amazing process. The best though is the marriage process. I wish I could get a picture of Synthia being married to the chasis.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:46 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
process of it all

When I was at the BMW plant it takes like about 4 hours or so. The bath takes like 20 minutes or so, the actual time is the filler from what I understand. It's truely an amazing process.

I bet we are neighors One side runs one color and the other side runs another color. 15 cars at a time, then cleaning and a new color. I hope I'm not 1 or 15 :P

It's such an amazing process. The best though is the marriage process. I wish I could get a picture of Synthia being married to the chasis.
Now that would be cool! I'm sitting here watching the video AGAIN! of the plant and how they are built.

What happens if you are car 1 or car 15?

PJ

Old 11-01-2005, 02:55 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Now that would be cool! I'm sitting here watching the video AGAIN! of the plant and how they are built.

What happens if you are car 1 or car 15?

PJ
Nothing much, but do you wanna be the first one the doctor cuts up that day or the last? usually I like being in the middle, that way it has time to warm up and its not squirting out the bad stuff from the paint

Old 11-01-2005, 03:04 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
Nothing much, but do you wanna be the first one the doctor cuts up that day or the last? usually I like being in the middle, that way it has time to warm up and its not squirting out the bad stuff from the paint
Good point! Thanks for the info!

Old 11-01-2005, 03:08 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
I'm just getting ancy. I cannot wait to see Synthia, and love her and hold her .

Ever wounder if your too attached to your cars. I have a problem

Old 11-01-2005, 03:15 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
nah

I'm just getting ancy. I cannot wait to see Synthia, and love her and hold her .

Ever wounder if your too attached to your cars. I have a problem
Well, lets see. I had my 1996 Saturn SL1 for 10 years until I sold it just a few weeks ago so I could get this lil MINI. I was sad to see it go ONLY because it was my first car and it got me through high school, undergrad, and grad school as well as the first couple of years of my new job.

I KNOW I'm obsessing over this car for a few reasons:

1) It's my first car payment ::gulp::

2) IT'S A MINI!!!!!!!!!!

3) It's my first car payment.......did I already say that?

and 4) IT'S A MINI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and its my first car payment.........

Knowing you have a problem is half the battle, right? Hey, there are worse problems to have!

Enjoy being obsessed! I know I am!! So what if our friends and family roll their eyes when we mention the word "MINI" ... or when we are riding with them (cause we don't have a car) and yell "LOOK A MINI!" at the top of our lungs at an intersection or another crucial point in the driver's timing. I say that's what friends are for! It's not like we aren't gonna let them sit in it.....if they are nice. LOL!!!

PJ

Old 11-01-2005, 04:18 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
I think whats worse is when your mother shares your obsession. I get a call every now and then. "OMG I'M BEHIND A YELLOW AND BLACK MINI" :impatient

Synthia is definetly not my first car, but I think all the possiblities that I can do with it, are just so endless and make me really want the car badly.
To make matters worse, we are having a baby shower on friday night for synthia

Old 11-01-2005, 04:21 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
Perfect!

I think whats worse is when your mother shares your obsession. I get a call every now and then. "OMG I'M BEHIND A YELLOW AND BLACK MINI" :impatient

Synthia is definetly not my first car, but I think all the possiblities that I can do with it, are just so endless and make me really want the car badly.
To make matters worse, we are having a baby shower on friday night for synthia
What a great idea! Something else for my friends to gasp at! I'll throw a baby shower!!!!!!!!! I think this might push some of them over the edge but they should be use to me by now. HAHA!

Do you get to register anywhere for gifts? LOL

PJ

Old 11-01-2005, 04:29 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Good god, I never thought of that. Ooh well. We have a bunch of little cars for the table and we are going to watch the italian job after dinner Still trying to decide what to serve for dinner.

I told you I was obssed. I doing think NAM helps that any eigther.

Old 11-01-2005, 04:31 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
Good god, I never thought of that. Ooh well. We have a bunch of little cars for the table and we are going to watch the italian job after dinner Still trying to decide what to serve for dinner.

I told you I was obssed. I doing think NAM helps that any eigther.
NAM has only made it worse. ::shaking head::

HELP! LOL

Have fun with your shower!

Old 11-01-2005, 04:33 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Pepi" is built, (I am not sure if that name will stick or not) and now has a truck slot to the port scheduled. Soo.... we'll see if he makes that 11-7 ship to Charleston or not.

I have already pre-traded my second car and we have a family loaner in the interim. Best guess still says 4 weeks from today. I am anxious but the more time the more money I can make and save now that we will have another payment.

Whoooooee, it's BUILT, it is what it is, and I can't wait to take it NOW.

My wife's cousin says the MINIs in San Antonio are 4-6K over MSRP. MSRP is looking pretty good and a few hundred more on my trade because I gave it up in October.

Still got a 2003 Buell XB9S (the nice, bulletproof 984cc model) for sale at around $6300, you pick up or ship from Orlando, Fla. 7395 adult driven miles, not abused, no leaks anywhere. Mobil One since break-in.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:12 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
Built!

Originally Posted by CDMINI
"Pepi" is built, (I am not sure if that name will stick or not) and now has a truck slot to the port scheduled. Soo.... we'll see if he makes that 11-7 ship to Charleston or not.
YAY!! My baby is done too! I wish I had a name picked out for her, but I have to wait to see her. She is on her way to the dock! I'm hoping she makes one of the 11/7 vessels to Charleston. I wonder if that means I would get her by Thanksgiving! Ooooooh....that would be fun.

I'm getting nervous now. I hope everything works out smoothly once she gets here and the paperwork goes okay. Hope there are no surprises at the dealership...

Bon Voyage!!!!!!!!!!!

~PJ

Old 11-02-2005, 04:53 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
I wonder if that means I would get her by Thanksgiving! Ooooooh....that would be fun. ~PJ
I am hoping as well, BUT, everyone from the dealer to ASKMINI, are all saying 4 weeks...

Old 11-02-2005, 05:09 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Or go to Wallenius Wilhelsen shipping site
I went to the WW website but couldn't find the VIN tracking entry anywhere this time, do you have a link to it?

Quick Reply: Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4