1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 01:31 PM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*Cargo is in Waitlist Status.

I think my MINI didn't make the boat.

-Ronald
'06 MCSC / JCW; PW/Blk

Old 11-08-2005, 01:54 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MiniPlay
I think my MINI didn't make the boat.
Sorry, if that's true. But there are a lot of ships going to S.C. right now over the next week or so, it will probably be headed that way soon enough. I know yesterday doesn't seem soon enough, but it is actually a great process to order your car to spec and track it to your dealer over the next couple of months. We're all on the downslide now, they're BUILT already.

Old 11-08-2005, 03:14 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
I looked at the booking number list and found my VIN, it has an * by it and still isn't loaded on the vessel.
AHHHHH. Where is the booking number list?

Old 11-08-2005, 03:26 PM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
I believe my mini's in production week 44...

hi folks.. i ordered my mini 10/12/05 and i was told it should be in by early or mid december.. the current status on my mini is awaiting transport. can't wait till it comes in..:smile:

06 mcs
pw body/roof/mirrors
panther/black leatherette
cold weather package
premium package
sport package 17's-lites
lsd
interior surface color silver
rear fog lamps
navigation system
harman-kardon sound system
ipod adapter

Old 11-08-2005, 04:56 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
Track the cargo ship?

I thought I read on here somewhere that you can actually follow the ship on its voyage to the US. However, I can't find that post anywhere! Does anyone know if its possible that we can track the cargo ship from South Hampton to Charleston?

Thanks!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too excited for my own good,
~PJ

Old 11-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Brian G.
Coordinator :: MINIkota Car Club
Originally Posted by PjTheJester
Does anyone know if its possible that we can track the cargo ship from South Hampton to Charleston?
This one that I've found mentioned on this forum somewhere... http://www.aislive.com/

Old 11-08-2005, 05:54 PM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
I found our boat!

Originally Posted by Brian G.
This one that I've found mentioned on this forum somewhere... http://www.aislive.com/
I FOUND OUR BOAT! Click on the attachment to view where it is as of 11/8 at 7:53PM CST

YAY!

~PJ

Attached Thumbnails Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4-undine-11-8.bmp  
Old 11-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Pyro515
1st Gear
PJ,

How did you find your boat? I am looking for the Courage it left a couple of days before yours and I can't find it anywhere... :(

Also, it is wierd. I can't find anything on the shipper's website about the vessel. I wonder if it is a sub contractor or something... I thought it would be cool to get a pic of the ship, but I can't seem to find one...

Anybody have any info about the courage?

Mike

Old 11-09-2005, 05:56 AM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
[font=Courier New]My MINI missed the Undine altogether. It was “overbooked”, thus my MINI got bumped.[/font]

[font=Courier New] [/font]

[font=Courier New]My MINI is now scheduled to ship on the Patriot vessel. The delay is working in my favor:[/font]
  • [font=Courier New]Another Pay Check[/font]
  • [font=Courier New]I’ll be back from the Thanksgiving Holiday and able to be at the dealership when the truck brings my MINI to Houston.[/font]
  • [font=Courier New]We have a dinner party on the 2nd at our home; wife still doesn’t know about the MINI, and now won’t have to find out until after Dec. 2nd. Saving any risk of a moody evening with our company.[/font]
[font=Courier New]All is good![/font]

[font=Courier New]Vessel: PATRIOT[/font]

[font=Courier New]Voyage: EB532-PAT[/font]

[font=Courier New]Departs for Charleston: 11/26/2005[/font]

[font=Courier New]Ronald[/font]

[font=Courier New]'06 MCSC / JCW; PW/Blk[/font]

Last edited by MiniPlay; 11-09-2005 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Formating issue
Old 11-09-2005, 06:37 AM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
Courage

Originally Posted by Pyro515
PJ,

How did you find your boat? I am looking for the Courage it left a couple of days before yours and I can't find it anywhere... :(

Also, it is wierd. I can't find anything on the shipper's website about the vessel. I wonder if it is a sub contractor or something... I thought it would be cool to get a pic of the ship, but I can't seem to find one...

Anybody have any info about the courage?

Mike
I tried to find your boat...but even mine had blipped off the radar screen. I take that as its on its way....I don't know where to look for it now. The only reason I found it earlier was because the webpage for South Hampton had a radar link that I clicked on and it showed where all the ships were that had departed that day.

I'll see if I can find some information about the Courage for you.

~PJ

Old 11-09-2005, 06:40 AM
PjTheJester
2nd Gear
We have a dinner party on the 2nd at our home; wife still doesn’t know about the MINI, and now won’t have to find out until after Dec. 2nd. Saving any risk of a moody evening with our company.
Is it a surprise for your wife??? Or are you just not telling her you are getting one? LOL

~PJ

Old 11-09-2005, 08:56 AM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
The later. It's my toy, not asking permission!

Old 11-09-2005, 01:00 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
... It's my toy, not asking permission!
As they said at the motorcycle dealer, "it's easier to get forgiven than get permission." But then BIG surprises are not very often a good thing.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:03 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Bah Still no ship. I might be stuck on the 11/19 one and woun't see her till after chirstmas.

Here is her new license plate though till the offical ones come

http://www.signsbyyou.com/preview/cu...47697-8972.gif

I was bored shoot me

Old 11-09-2005, 03:27 PM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
Just one question? When I log into Mini's Owner's Lounge I click onto Review Order Details it has all my info but the factory ordered options. Should it be on there? Or Should I worry?

Old 11-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Pyro515
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RipKurl
Just one question? When I log into Mini's Owner's Lounge I click onto Review Order Details it has all my info but the factory ordered options. Should it be on there? Or Should I worry?
Mine still aren't there either... I just called ASKMINI and verified my options. I have a feeling the options will never show up. That or they will show up about 2 weeks after I get the mini...

Mike

Old 11-09-2005, 06:27 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
ASKMINI told me a few days back that after the Mini gets to the Port and the shipping company takes it that only your MA has info after that. They won't have any more info.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:51 PM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
Thanx a lot guys! I guess I'll be giving them a call tomorrow during my free time.. :smile:

Old 11-10-2005, 04:00 PM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
I called AskMini twice today and both times their computers were down... So I wasn't able to verify my options.. The rep told me to call back tomorrow morning... Has anyone had the same problem today?

Old 11-11-2005, 05:52 AM
Elsewhere
1st Gear
The other day I noticed that my factory options were not listed and I was able to call and ask about it. The guy on the phone correctly listed off the options as I remember them.

I suspect the web page just has a bug which should not cause worry.

Also, some good news... my status has changed to In En Route!

One problem though... I entered my VIN in the [http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp] website and it said it could not find it. Is there another cargo search that might have it?

Thanks!

Old 11-11-2005, 10:22 AM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
I received an e-mail from my advisor today claiming that my MINI would be in the US on 11/21. But I think that is when it was still on the Undine. If it happens, great, if not, it will be here on 11/26 in the US.

It will be here soon enough. Greatfully there are plenty of things between the holidays and other activities to keep me occupied so I won't go completely crazing waiting for it.

-Ronald
'06 MCSC / JCW; PW/Blk

Old 11-11-2005, 10:30 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Elsewhere
One problem though... I entered my VIN in the [http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp] website and it said it could not find it. Is there another cargo search that might have it?

Thanks!
I have the same problem if you figure it out let me know

Old 11-13-2005, 07:08 AM
paulsminis
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Rejoice, week 44ers! The Undine has (or will very soon) crossed the halfway mark to Charleston! Follow this link:
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=SHJC

For those who are having problems with the WW website, I have found that there were times when I got no information, and when I checked back later, it was working fine. My best guess is that whenever they are updating the data base it is not available for dispensing information.

cheers,

Paul

Old 11-13-2005, 08:21 AM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
Does MINI use anyone else for shipping across the pond. Originally I was able to pull up information on my MINI from the Wallenius Wihelmsen Global Cargo website. My MINI was originally suppose to be on the Undine then it was "bumped". I was able to get status that it would be on the Patriot. A couple of days later, I can't get any information based on the VIN number.

My MINI sales advisor sent me an e-mail that my MINI will be state side on 11/21. The Patriot wasn't due in until 11/24.

So, again, I'm wondering if there is a chance that MINI saw the car was "bumped" and found another carrier to get it here so delivery could be made by the end of the month?

-Ronald
'06 MCSC / JCW; PW/Blk

Old 11-13-2005, 09:05 AM
paulsminis
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Miniplay asks:

"Does MINI use anyone else for shipping across the pond. Originally I was able to pull up information on my MINI from the Wallenius Wihelmsen Global Cargo website. My MINI was originally suppose to be on the Undine then it was "bumped". I was able to get status that it would be on the Patriot. A couple of days later, I can't get any information based on the VIN number.

My MINI sales advisor sent me an e-mail that my MINI will be state side on 11/21. The Patriot wasn't due in until 11/24.

So, again, I'm wondering if there is a chance that MINI saw the car was "bumped" and found another carrier to get it here so delivery could be made by the end of the month?"

I don't know whether MINI uses anyone else for shipping to East Coast ports or not. However, I would bet that they would be reluctant to pull a car and take it to another shipper because it missed one boat. I know our '03 MCS was removed from one Wallenius boat and waited for the next one.

The problem you are getting with the website is probably just that their database was down. Drink two beers and try again in the morning:smile: .

When the data base comes back up (if it is down) write down the "booking number" and search on that. You should get a long list of cars and what boat they are on, if it is on the way.

My dealer also told me her information had the boat arriving in Charleston on the 17th. Wallenius voyage information has the Undine getting to Charleston on the 18th. We will see how it plays out. When it gets to the Dealer, I know I will have it in a few days.

It is said patience is a virtue -- and we are all having trouble demonstrating it.

Quick Reply: Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4