1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 11:42 AM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4

Hi all!

I just got off of the phone with 866-ASK-MINI and found out that I'm more than likely in production week 44 in 2005. It looks like I'm the first here!

Here's my spec for Jango (the 'father' of all StormTroopers)

Model: 2006 MCS

Paint: Pepper White w/ PW roof (no stripes)

Interior:
- Cordoba Leather
- Anthracite painted dash and trim
- Anthracite headliner
- Chrome interior package

Packages:
- Premium Package
- Cold Weather Package
- Convenience Package
- Sport Package (w/ the Web Spoke wheels)

Factory Options:
- LSD
- HK Stereo
- Rear Fog

Dealer Installed Options:
- iPod interface
- Driving Lights
- Security System

Old 10-05-2005, 11:46 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good thing you didn't order JCW or you would be Week 45. MINI In Black may be in this week, Still up in the air over England!

Old 10-05-2005, 12:03 PM
paulsminis
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
My JCW equipped MCS is scheduled (for now, anyway) in week 44. Originally it was sched for week 40, then slipped to mid-November, now for week 44 according to information my SMA got from her district manufacturer. I continue to not hold my breath while waiting.

For now I will watch this thread until I hear otherwise......

cheers,

Paul, 2003 MCS all BRG (to be replaced by all BRG 2006 MCS), 67 Austin Cooper S, 63 Morris Mini Traveller (woody)

Old 10-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Steeroidz
3rd Gear
I was a week 40, but I had to re-order my MINI to make some changes to it. Pretty certain I'm a week 44 now. Here's my list -

'06 MCS
Dark Silver/Silver
Silver Interior, Silver-Grey/Black Leatherette
Sport Pack
Cold Weather Pack
LSD
MFSW
Rear Fog

Total was $24,150 before taxes, fees, etc.

Old 10-06-2005, 03:53 AM
Cecil Davis
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by paulsminis
My JCW equipped MCS is scheduled (for now, anyway) in week 44. Originally it was sched for week 40, then slipped to mid-November, now for week 44 according to information my SMA got from her district manufacturer. I continue to not hold my breath while waiting.

For now I will watch this thread until I hear otherwise......

cheers,

Paul, 2003 MCS all BRG (to be replaced by all BRG 2006 MCS), 67 Austin Cooper S, 63 Morris Mini Traveller (woody)
Paul,

You and I are in the same boat . My 2006 Space Blue, MCS JCW had a production schedule of week 40 (3-7 October 2005), but yesterday I was told by my dealer (after I had him check with BMW) that my order has been pushed back to mid-November. Now, factor in another two or so weeks for delivery (I'm currently live and work in Germany, so it doesn't take as long for delivery) I don't see it being being delivered until early or mid-December 2006 ! I guess it's gonna be my Christmas present :impatient :impatient. I'm officially Bummed !

Later,

Cecil
Heidelberg, Germany
Hometown: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Born: Alexandria, Virginina

Old 10-06-2005, 07:43 AM
agranger
6th Gear
My heart goes out to you JCW guys. As they would say here in Texas, "That just ain't right"... especially adding up to 4 weeks to your production time! I think I'd be asking my wife to go home and remove all sharp objects from the house...

I hate to be happy for someone else's loss, but, when I ordered, I was told that my production time was going to be mid-to-late November. Now I'm in early November. My only thought is that when you guys got bumped back, I got sucked forward to fill the production void! I'm sorry (but not that sorry )!

Old 10-06-2005, 10:46 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
me, too

I just called MINI and I'm production week 44, too!!!
Here's what I ordered,

06 MCS
PW/B

Premium Pkg
Cold Weather Pkg
Convenience Pkg
Sports Pkg, w/black bonnet stripes and web spoke wheels

I originally ordered the cordoba beige, but called and changed to space grey cloth because I prefer to add the Wet Okole seat covers.
Anthracite dash and headliner
Chrome line exterior and interior
LSD
H/K sound system
Rear fog light
Ipod adapter

I'm having the worst time coming up with a name, guess I'll have to post for help if I can't come up with anything.
Jango is way cool!

Annette
Alpharetta GA

Old 10-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Pyro515
1st Gear
How long after you ordered your car did you find out the Production week? I just ordered a Dark Silver S last Monday and it still just shows on Order... :(

Thanks,

Mike

Old 10-06-2005, 03:32 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
I just called MINI and I'm production week 44, too!!!
Here's what I ordered,

06 MCS
PW/B

Premium Pkg
Cold Weather Pkg
Convenience Pkg
Sports Pkg, w/black bonnet stripes and web spoke wheels

I originally ordered the cordoba beige, but called and changed to space grey cloth because I prefer to add the Wet Okole seat covers.
Anthracite dash and headliner
Chrome line exterior and interior
LSD
H/K sound system
Rear fog light
Ipod adapter

I'm having the worst time coming up with a name, guess I'll have to post for help if I can't come up with anything.
Jango is way cool!

Annette
Alpharetta GA
Wow! You almost chose my Spec! Just switch the black roof for PW and drop the external chrome package. I just have to have a tan interior and the only way to get the carpet and doors is w/ the cordoba leather.

I've been naming Jango for a while. Someone on MetroplexMini (North Texas MINI board) saw my concept photoshop mock-ups (see my gallery here https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...p?ppuser=13874) and mentioned that he looked very Stormtrooper. I started thinking Star Wars names but Jango had just the right length, sound and meaning. Everything fell together and all of my other names got immediately dropped.

Here were some of my other favorites that were discarded. I was shooting for English origin names that had something to do with 'small', 'nimble' or 'white'. My wife is Irish, so I've got some Celtic origins in there as well. I was particularly fond of Gemma and Whitman with Becan and Eljin as close seconds. If the stars hadn't collided to name Jango, I was thinking about taking my favorite 3 or 4 names and letting the NAM members name my car in a poll.

Name M/F Origin Meaning
Gemma Female English Gem
Birdy / Birdie Female English Contemporary name meaning Little bird; birdlike
Binny Female English Form of Bianca. White
Jenna Female Celtic Form of Jennifer: White spirit
Wynnie Female Celtic White or fair

Name M/F Origin Meaning
Dahy Male Irish Capable, quick, agile
Daithi Male Irish Beloved, quick, agile
Albin Male English Old English for brilliant, bright, white
Eljin Male Celtic Noble, white
Whitman Male English White Haired
Becan Male Celtic Small

I was using a baby naming website here ( http://www.weddingvendors.com/baby-names/ ) that lets you search by meaning, gender, language of origin, etc.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Elsewhere
1st Gear
Motoring soon in Dallas, TX... est. mid-December 2005!
Jango: PW/PW MCS w/ Cordoba Leather Anthracite/Anthracite and lots of options!
I'm also in the Dallas area and in Production Week 44.

Small world.

Old 10-06-2005, 07:06 PM
JOSS
Neutral
Production week 44

I am also production week 44 in Virginia

MCS dark silver, black top, black bonnet stripes, chrome ext, chrome inter, anthracite interior and headliner, cordoba beige leather, sport, premium, LSD, heated seats, ipod, rear fog, tinted windows ..

Cant wait - november cant come soon enough !!

Old 10-06-2005, 07:07 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Something tells me that this thread is gonna get REAL big, REAL fast...

Old 10-07-2005, 02:38 PM
DrDiff
Factory options showing up?

So have any of you week 44 people seen your factory options showing up?

All I get is "On order". At least they get the color correct!

Old 10-07-2005, 03:00 PM
agranger
6th Gear
I think I read on another of the support threads that the options don't show up until a week or so before production... probably about the same time you get the 'scheduled for production' change.

Old 10-07-2005, 05:48 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
hmmm

So what's the guesstimate as far as delivery goes for the east coast folks (cars coming into Charleston for example ).
I think my dealer told me the first week of December, but I'm guessing he's giving me the longest estimate just in case.
So what were you guys told.
Annette

Old 10-07-2005, 06:08 PM
DrDiff
Everyone at D&R says 8 weeks. They do admit that sometimes it is less than that but they say 8 weeks so that in case you do have to wait 8 weeks you arent angry.

Old 10-07-2005, 07:26 PM
agranger
6th Gear
The one person I know here in Dallas (east coast ship delivery and then on a truck to TX) got his MINI 4 weeks from the time it left the factory. I'm hoping for that first week in December.

Old 10-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Pyro515
1st Gear
Hey guys,

I am also a week 44! Can't wait! When do most people start talking about financing? Do you guys wait till it is at the dealership or do you set it up a couple of weeks ahead of time?

Thanks for the info...

Mike

Old 10-07-2005, 09:20 PM
agranger
6th Gear
When I ordered the car, my MA ran my credit and gave me a rate that I could 'lock in'. It isn't final until the very end as I've got to find a private buyer for my trade-in and I can always try and finance through my bank or some other source. At least I have a pretty firm idea of what my highest payment might be and I can work down from there with a better APR or price for my old car.

Speaking of that... Anyone know someone who wants a 1997 Nissan Altima in early December? :smile: I'm a car detailing nut (as my infamous sticky in the detailing forum will prove) and I used my Altima as a final test for my detailing skills (It's shinier than when I got it from the dealer) before the MINI comes.

Old 10-08-2005, 06:06 AM
DrDiff
If you have one locally, go stratight to the nearest CarMAX!

I took my Stratus there, They gave me a decent price. Paid off my loan :smile:

Then they proceded to sell me one of 2 MINIs that they had. Both were 2003 models. One had 40K miles for $19K and the other had 21K miles for $20,550. They did not even know that a "Chili Pack" is!

I told them, " Just print me a check for the remainder of the sales price." Then told them that I could get a new 2006 MINI with ZERO miles and Full factory warenty for only $200 more than what they wanted for their 3 year old car.

They printed a check, We drove down the same road to D&R MINI and ordered MIB!

Old 10-08-2005, 06:08 AM
DrDiff
Originally Posted by Pyro515
When do most people start talking about financing? Do you guys wait till it is at the dealership or do you set it up a couple of weeks ahead of time?

Thanks for the info...

Mike
We are going back to sign papers etc on MIB when the car hits USA soil. 1-2 weeks before delivery.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:45 AM
agranger
6th Gear
I can second CarMax. After I ordered Jango, the dealership offered me $1500 for my Altima... minimum wholesale at auction. I drove by CarMax the next day and they offered me over twice that... a pretty fair price when you look at the KBB value. It took them a good 30 minutes to do the appraisal, but they were very professional.

Moritz offered to broker the sale of my car to an independent buyer (that I have to find) for free. I sell the car to Moritz and Moritz immediately sells the car to the new buyer. This saves me the sales tax on the agreed price of my car (atleast $300). If I can't find a buyer with a modest bit of looking, I'll just flip it at CarMax, pay the extra tax at the dealership and move on. It's not the best solution, but it's not bad.

That's not a bad idea about going back once the car is in the US. It will make delivery day that much easier.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:01 AM
V70R
3rd Gear
I just "asked mini" and they said week 44!

I'm week 44 as well. I've ordered this -

A MCSC -

DS
black top
6m
Pb leather
premium package
sport package (sans the stripes)
cold weather package (it sometimes drops below 50f in fl)
convenience package
LSD
anthracite dash
R99 anthracite wheels
rear fog

When some of you list the ipod adaptor as an option - my dealer said this is only a "dealer installed" accessory - can you get it done at the factory? I would think I'd save a little labor doing it that way.

A little puzzling to me as well is why the options aren't listed in the owners lounge - all they indicate is the color, interior type.

I think upon delivery, I'm going to head straight to Key West with the top down.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:26 AM
agranger
6th Gear
The iPod adaptor IS a dealer installed option. $149 for the part. My dealer wanted another $200 for labor. For someone who has done it before it is a 45 minute install. For someone who hasn't done it before, maybe an hour and a quarter. For someone at the dealer who has put in several hundred, it should be a 30 minute install (as the MINI official instructions estimate). 30 minutes for $200??? I said, "just give me the part... I'll do my own install"

About the update of specs on the Owners Lounge... I've been told that the options will appear as the car gets closer to production.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:14 AM
V70R
3rd Gear
Thanks for the info - I just installed an ipod adaptor on my 04 Volvo V70R. It involved removing the HU and routing the cable for the adaptor (power and cd changer interface) through to the glove box. It took me about 30 minutes. If the mini install is a similar one, I'll be happy to do it myself.

Quick Reply: Production Week 44 Support Group - 10/31 to 11/4