1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Jeff_M
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discounts?

Hello, I'm thinking about getting a Mini. Does everyone pay sticker price, or more (markup)? I think I would have to order one.

Dealers are offering good discounts on new '05 Evos right now, makes paying sticker on a Mini not as attractive.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 10-06-2005, 04:17 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
You pay MSRP + any dealer add ons. Far too many dealers like D&R who will sell out of state to settle for west coast price gouging. A few have gotten tax title etc included for MSRP. But that is very RARE!

Old 10-06-2005, 04:24 PM
minibot
3rd Gear
Living on the West Coast, there are no MINI discounts. Actually, MSRP is pretty much the lowest you'll ever go in this country.

In my case, I paid MSRP plus a bit, but ordered from my local MINI dealership in Seattle. I figured the 'plus a bit' was better than paying for shipping, which would've been more expensive.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Jeff_M
Neutral
That's what I figured from reading around here. I guess the goal is MSRP+TTL.

Thanks for the info.

Old 10-07-2005, 06:35 AM
haskindmh
2nd Gear
It is pretty tough to get a MINI for anything under MSRP. That said, even at MSRP the MINI is alot of car for the money. Look at what your getting for the money, not just how much "discount" you are getting off of some unrealistic sticker price. Cars are being sold at deep discounts because they are either overpriced or cars that nobody wants. It is all about "supply and demand".

Old 10-07-2005, 07:15 AM
Autologic
2nd Gear
I wanted to try and deal on my gf's new mini but she wouldn't let me. If you know exactly what you want I would get a list of mini dealerships and start calling around. Tell them you know exactly what you want to order and will put a down payment via credit card right now for your car at X price. I would do this on the last day of the month and hope for the best, although you may not get anywhere.

On a side note the evo is a really sweet car. I'm a subaru fan myself and would love to get a sti. Its hard to beat 300 hp and awd for an everyday car.

Old 10-07-2005, 07:17 AM
C4
Banned
I personally, would not want to be filling up a thirsty 300HP AWD beast with the current gas prices.

Originally Posted by Autologic
I wanted to try and deal on my gf's new mini but she wouldn't let me. If you know exactly what you want I would get a list of mini dealerships and start calling around. Tell them you know exactly what you want to order and will put a down payment via credit card right now for your car at X price. I would do this on the last day of the month and hope for the best, although you may not get anywhere.

On a side note the evo is a really sweet car. I'm a subaru fan myself and would love to get a sti. Its hard to beat 300 hp and awd for an everyday car.

Old 10-07-2005, 07:40 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Jeff_M
That's what I figured from reading around here. I guess the goal is MSRP+TTL.

Thanks for the info.
Jeff,

Welcome to NAM

Check out the sponsors here on NAM. I think Julie at Classic MINI or Dryer and Rainbold sells at MSRP and pays shipping to CA.

Earl

Old 10-07-2005, 07:42 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Jeff,

South Bay MINI in Torrance sells at MSRP with no mark-up and has a pretty short wait list last I checked.

Dave

Old 10-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Jeff_M
Neutral
Thanks for the welcome, and info about dealers that do MSRP.

haskindmh, I'm not comparing dicount to discount. It is just that when I initially started looking at the Mini's sticker price, I assumed that it would be dicounted like most other cars, and thought it looked like a good deal. Now that I know that assumption was wrong, I'll have to reconcider the value at MSRP.

I'll probably try to get down to Irvine Mini and test the Cooper and the S. I also want to try the new Miata down there =)

Old 10-07-2005, 02:11 PM
DrDiff
Originally Posted by C4
I personally, would not want to be filling up a thirsty 300HP AWD beast with the current gas prices.
I would not mind having a JDM Nissan Skyline GTR [300hp AWD beast]. But it would be a track car not a street car.

Now if you were talking about a Hummer (any of the 3 sizes) nah, Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

Old 10-07-2005, 05:09 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Hi Jeff,

Welcome on-board, they discount Evos, because despite all the qualities, it is a freaking Mitsu. Paying sticker might hurt you but at the end your Mini is going to hold the best value in America.

http://www.motoringfile.com/2005/10/...elly_blue_book

Good Luck,

Berk

Hello, I'm thinking about getting a Mini. Does everyone pay sticker price, or more (markup)? I think I would have to order one.

Dealers are offering good discounts on new '05 Evos right now, makes paying sticker on a Mini not as attractive.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 10-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Nuff
4th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 10851CS
Check out the sponsors here on NAM. I think Julie at Classic MINI or Dryer and Rainbold sells at MSRP and pays shipping to CA.
I bought mine from MINI of Pittsburgh for MSRP including shipping to the Bay Area. I only paid $51 for a document handling fee and $5 for a temporary 30 day plate. Got the car in less than 2 months!!!

Unfortunately, with the rise in gas prices, I don't think they offer free shipping anymore. Classic MINI charges over $1000 for shipping, but it can go down if there is a group buy.

Old 10-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Zman
3rd Gear
minor discount and no wait for MCS

my dealer has 6 or 7 2005 MCS that he may discount. ready for delivery.

Dave Delaney at Keeler Motor Car in Albany, NY

if they had one without a sunroof, i might have swapped my ordered MC for an in stock MCS...

mine came in today, just a little over 4 weeks of the order date

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 10-16-2005, 02:03 PM
DrDiff
Originally Posted by Zman
my dealer has 6 or 7 2005 MCS that he may discount. ready for delivery. Dave Delaney at Keeler Motor Car in Albany, NY

if they had one without a sunroof, i might have swapped my ordered MC for an in stock MCS...

mine came in today, just a little over 4 weeks of the order date
And I bet every one of them are $30K wondercars. I just once would love to see a dealer have a car that hasn't had every option applied at the factory and every bit of DIG (Dealer Installed Goodie) available! Yes there may only be need for one or two of these cars per year, but there is some need for them!