1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie stopping by to say hello ;)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 03:03 AM
saakey
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newbie stopping by to say hello ;)

Hello all...i'm a current want-a-be mini owner (who's got the bug bad)...and i'm here looking around for ideas on what it is exactly that I want on my new car....even the color i haven't decided on yet. But i'm having fun already just dreaming up my future car. I do know for sure it will be an S and not the convertible. That is as far as i've gotten...actually, i've even ruled out a few colors, too. As much as i love every color they offer i have to start somewhere and the only way i'm gonna get thru it is by process of elimination. So far i've dropped red, black, green, and purple. But i'm a long way from building this thing. So i hope to see you all around more often in the future and maybe a few questions from me to help me decide on my mini. Cheers!

Jason

Old 10-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Specs, specs...we need specs! You must not sleep until you configure...and then print your dream MINI out and carry it in your wallet with you until the day of delivery, damnit!

Old 10-18-2005, 12:19 PM
benthevegan
3rd Gear
If you think you'll really get into driving I say definaltly get LSD. When I ordered my car I never really knew what this was but now that I know more about cars and the MINI I regret not getting this so bad. Worst mistake of my life. :smile: Anyways have fun and congradulations on deciding to get the best car/lifestyle in the whole world.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:43 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Im in the same boat as you.. sept i just put mini on order 2 weeks ago. and i have a long wait!

i know how you feel!

Old 10-18-2005, 12:51 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Originally Posted by Suzannne
Specs, specs...we need specs! You must not sleep until you configure...and then print your dream MINI out and carry it in your wallet with you until the day of delivery, damnit!
Dont forget to download the pix from the configurator and use it as you desktop!

I would also suggest sending that .jpg to an on line printer and have it printed out and framed untill your car gets here!

Old 10-18-2005, 01:05 PM
The Short Bus
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by saakey
As much as i love every color they offer i have to start somewhere and the only way i'm gonna get thru it is by process of elimination. So far i've dropped red, black, green, and purple.
Since they kicked electric blue from the S lineup and i only wanted liquid yellow because i couldn't get EB on a cooper Pepper white with a black roof has REALLY REALLY grown on me. I also like the red cloth seats with that combo alot. Hmm... Try pepper white!

Old 10-18-2005, 04:20 PM
DrDiff
2006 is the last year for Liquid yellow. If you want one better scrape together $500 and put an order in NOW!

Old 10-18-2005, 05:12 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Yeah, but..

He said the only thing he's sure of is an S, which you can't get in LY for '06. I really wanted the LY, but also an S, in the end the S won out so I have to just gaze admiringly at everyone else's LYs!
Let us know more...
Annette

Old 10-19-2005, 02:41 AM
saakey
5th Gear
Originally Posted by benthevegan
If you think you'll really get into driving I say definaltly get LSD. When I ordered my car I never really knew what this was but now that I know more about cars and the MINI I regret not getting this so bad. Worst mistake of my life. :smile: Anyways have fun and congradulations on deciding to get the best car/lifestyle in the whole world.
okay, i guess i don't know what LSD is either ..i certanly don't want to regret anything either. Details?:smile:

Old 10-19-2005, 02:45 AM
saakey
5th Gear
Originally Posted by The Short Bus
Since they kicked electric blue from the S lineup and i only wanted liquid yellow because i couldn't get EB on a cooper Pepper white with a black roof has REALLY REALLY grown on me. I also like the red cloth seats with that combo alot. Hmm... Try pepper white!
Yep, pepper white with black is definitely what i'm leaning towards :smile: ..not sure about the red seats however .

Old 10-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Red Erik
2nd Gear
With Apologies to the Beatles...

As a newbie, I had to look this one up also...LSD most likely stands for Limited Slip Differential, an add-on for your MCS. You'll find it as a choice in step 3 of the Build Yer Own Mini over at www.miniusa.com. I have definitely added this feature to my pending Mini. Of course, LSD could refer to Leather Seat Detail (for help in picking out which seats you will have in your car) or it could simply be code for Last Saved Description (the final configuration before placing your order). Am I helping at all?

Old 10-19-2005, 01:03 PM
The Short Bus
6th Gear
Originally Posted by saakey
Yep, pepper white with black is definitely what i'm leaning towards :smile: ..not sure about the red seats however .
I wasn't so sure at first either, until i saw this little blond girl driving down the road in her PW/B. First thing that popped out was the red seats, and it was an extremely nice combonation. I would have never thought of it myself, but after seeing it, i think it's beautiful.

Stop, Samantha... you're going to talk yourself into it

Old 10-19-2005, 01:15 PM
DrDiff
TSB: If you are going to do something drastic like that, then go down and get The Short Bus painted PINK!

Old 10-19-2005, 01:27 PM
The Short Bus
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DrDiff
TSB: If you are going to do something drastic like that, then go down and get The Short Bus painted PINK!
i think i'll go quoting.

but then i won't be the short bus anymore.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:04 PM
saakey
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BobKrugmire
As a newbie, I had to look this one up also...LSD most likely stands for Limited Slip Differential, an add-on for your MCS. You'll find it as a choice in step 3 of the Build Yer Own Mini over at www.miniusa.com. I have definitely added this feature to my pending Mini. Of course, LSD could refer to Leather Seat Detail (for help in picking out which seats you will have in your car) or it could simply be code for Last Saved Description (the final configuration before placing your order). Am I helping at all?
...well i had since looked into the LSD after the earlier post...and i'm definitely adding the limited slip differential to my S.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:07 PM
saakey
5th Gear
Originally Posted by The Short Bus
I wasn't so sure at first either, until i saw this little blond girl driving down the road in her PW/B. First thing that popped out was the red seats, and it was an extremely nice combonation. I would have never thought of it myself, but after seeing it, i think it's beautiful.

Stop, Samantha... you're going to talk yourself into it
yeah, i know i used to love old, white 911's with red interior...so i'm sure i'd like it on the Mini as well...although it's not the whole seat that is red, just the inserts right?...anywho, i'd consider...but could be hard it commit to something i hadn't actually seen in person - i wonder if anyone around these parts has this combination

Old 10-20-2005, 02:40 PM
anteken
4th Gear
If you're going to do any track time, autocrossing, etc. then the lsd is nearly a necessary. For everyone else, it's still a goody. Higher limits for kick-in of the DSC and great in the snow.

Cheers