1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soon-To-Be New Mini Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Red Erik
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon-To-Be New Mini Owner

Greetings, all. Thought I would take a short break from obsessing about my new Mini (ordering end of this month with delivery potentially early next year) and poke my head into the newbie forum. The good news is that I have positivelly narrowed my search down to the MCS. However I, like many others before me, am deep in the throes of color selection, doo-dad specification and frequent test drives. Currently, I am wrestling with the JCW option...trying to judge cost against benefit/fun quotient. This will be my first Mini! I have previously been driving an incredible 1988 Toyota PU (which is just about to cross over the 250K milestone!!). Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself (tip 'o the hat to the Stones), and now I'll just wander back to the corner and continue with my obsession thingy! Cheers!

Old 10-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats and welcome to NAM! :smile::smile::smile:

Read the performance modifications forums. Some people like the security of the factory JCW kits and are willing to pay a high cost for them.

Others like to do it themselves and save lots of money and perhaps make more HP. . .

No matter what though, you are going to have a blast!

Old 10-18-2005, 04:23 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Welcome aboard

So since I have no input either way on the JCW, tell us what colors you're leaning toward.
I found with car, the obsession over ordering has been a blast. I'm kind of bummed that I've ordered mine and can't change color just one last time .
Mine should be here around Thanksgiving, so until then I'll just have fun watching everyone else obsess about their choices.
Annette

Old 10-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Red Erik
2nd Gear
Color Obsession!

Hi, and thanks for nice welcome! Initially, I was leaning toward the Purple Haze or the BRG. The BRG, especially, holds so much history! Of course, the Hyper Blue is also sharp, especially with the white top (IMO). After photographing a few of the Coopers at my local dealer, I have also added (strongly added, I should mention) the Chili Red (with white top and mirrors, white wheels). Of course, human nature being what it is, I really like the Electric Blue. We shall see what eventually comes out of this mash of color choices. Just a week and a half to go before pen hits paper!

Old 10-18-2005, 07:09 PM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
believe me, the options will be harder to iron out than the color... Of course I knew what I was getting as soon as I saw HB/W the first time...

I spent so many hours with one window open to the payment calculator and one to the configurator... Of course if I could have gone another 50-100 a month I'd have added some more options... but there is nothing I feel I HAD to get that I didn't order.

I suggest you forgo sleep for a while and spend that time changing your configuration!

Old 10-20-2005, 03:04 PM
anteken
4th Gear
Howdy,

Too late for Electric Blue, it is no longer available starting with the '06's. Red/White is a great combo but very common, if you want rare Purple...but there is a reason it's rare. Hyper blue / white is a great combo and there are some new colors just for 2006.

Cheers

Old 10-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Red Erik
2nd Gear
Okay...

I can't let that comment go by without asking for clarification. Is purple rare because it's not terribly popular? I actually found the color a bit dark for my taste (which of course echoes other comments about the apparent lack of brighter colors in recent MCS model years). Hyper Blue is certainly still in the running, and I agree that Red is a very popular color. For the past 18 years, though (in my defense) I have been driving a rather bland color vehicle (if you don't count the amazing amount of rust). The positive upswing of all this is that in my area, Minis are fairly uncommon (I know of one red, one dark blue and perhaps two silvers). Anywhoo...got off on a tangent there...sorry! So purple is rare because....?