1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb, Future Mini Motorer

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 12:20 PM
K4KAS
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newb, Future Mini Motorer

Hello all!
Been nosing around here a bit. Tons of good info. I am stationed in Ft Walton Beach currently deployed to Baghdad.
Anyway, I was introduced to the Mini a few yrs ago when they where first rereleased. I was to infactuated with my bottle fed baby at the time to notice. He still has that car and loves it to death. Blue WMCS. I plan to order my Mini sometime in the near future. My problem is as follows; I have an 04 Scion Xb, yes the box,lol, anyway it is the RS1 series with the Orange paint. It is parked at my home station in Florida with limited access to it. Now I am wanting to sell the Scion so I can order the Mini. Hard to do while I am deployed here. I may be able to order the Mini while I am here and sell the Scion when I return. That can always be a gamble. Kind of like realestate when you turn and burn a property. Always a gamble whether or not you can sell it before the 1st payment is due! I know what I want to order, and since everyone wants to know what everybody else is looking into,lol,here's what I am looking at.

Hyper Blue MCS with white roof/mirrors
LSD
Sunroof/Eh,the weight I can live with,sunroof I cant live without!
S Lites white
Xenon
Grey/black Leatherette

I am also obviuosly trying to find the best deal. MRSP? Military discount?
Any thoughts or opinions?
Thanks!:smile:

Old 10-19-2005, 01:51 PM
francisk
6th Gear
Check this thread
It about military sales.. I think you can save some $$$.

Old 10-20-2005, 02:45 PM
anteken
4th Gear
Pentagon Auto Sales will save you a bunch on a MINI. Always remember that it's reaallll easy to flip a uparmored Hummer!

Be careful out there.

Old 10-21-2005, 03:29 AM
K4KAS
3rd Gear
Have a couple stories about Humvees rolling! Havent seen any since Ive been here though.
Pentagon cant help me as I am in Iraq. I guess Ill have to order through a Dealership. Closest one to my area is Atlanta. I already did my spec sheet from MiniUSA. Gets me excited just thinking about it. Still have 2 months left here. I seem to be buying a new car every 2 yrs. I sold my Ford at 30k because I got scared of reliability issues. I am selling my Scion because, well, what was I thinking? I need a quicker car that gets pretty good gas mileage. Not to mention one that has some style and handling. I have this habit of putting thousands into modifications, then when its to where I want it to be, I loose interest and want to get something else. Hopefully the Mini will keep me intertained!