1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another new guy, and future MCS owner.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Picus
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another new guy, and future MCS owner.

Last edited by Picus; 11-02-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:58 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Welcome, Let us know when the order is done. They will give you a production number and the nail biting begins!

Old 10-19-2005, 04:03 PM
benthevegan
3rd Gear
Welcome . When you get your car be sure to post pics. Maybe you could drive up a nice, twisty, mountain road and you wife could take the artsy pictures of your MINI with some nice rock formations in the backround. I always love the nature shots.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Picus
1st Gear
Will do! Now we just need to find a mountain somewhere in Ontario. :D

Old 10-19-2005, 04:38 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Picus
We're debating the 18 inch JCW wheels too, but we will see how that goes.
Try not to trade in. You wont get the real value for the car. Try selling it at CARMAX if you dont want to sell privately.

As to the JCW Wheels ... they are popular in the UK but I dont think so much in US. Do a search for them here and see how many people actually have them is a good idea.

Old 10-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Picus
1st Gear
Thanks for the tips. I don't think Carmax operates in Canada - but the MINI dealer actually gave me a half decent quote on trade-in, so we'll see. I am still considering private sale.

Old 10-19-2005, 07:47 PM
ChrisWyso
1st Gear
Hello!

I'm a newbie too, just slightly ahead of you as my MCS has been ordered & is currently "Awaiting Transport" across the pond. Just wanted to let you know that while I haven't listened to the whole podcast, the guys over at White Roof Radio were talking about winterizing their Mini's and they were discussing taking the JCW wheels/rims off for the winter, at least the guy located in Chicago was. Not sure why yet (I'll finish the podcast tomorrow) but he seemed really reluctant to keep them on thru the winter. I think it had something to do with the salt they use here in Chicago, or maybe the fact that winter is the "breeding season" for potholes here, and we can get some major ones that'll really mess up your car.

Just thought I'd throw what little knowledge I have so far your way.

-Chris

Old 10-20-2005, 04:53 AM
Cecil Davis
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Picus
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. As the thread title indicates I will be ordering an '06 MSC w/ JCW soon. Initially this car search started when we began looking for a replacement for my wifes car. Originally I was looking at the sports/lux segment, but it's a little uninspiring right now. We (my wife and I) got to drive in an MSC about ten days ago with a friend for the first time and were blown away by how much fun it was. Of course she now demands we get a MINI for her rather than a more practical, but much less fun, sedan.

A little background. I'm a computer engineer who details cars in his part time. She's an insurance underwriter and amateur rock photographer (http://rockpaperpixels.com). We just moved to Toronto 6 months ago after 10 years in San Francisco.

The car we intend on ordering is an '06 MSC w/JCW, DSM/black on leatherette, premium package, just have to do a little final haggling with our dealer on the trade-in. We're debating the 18 inch JCW wheels too, but we will see how that goes.

Anyway, it's been a pleasure lurking so far - pleased to meet you all.
Welcome aboard. . . . !

I ordered my 2006 MCS JCW Space Blue back in early September and thought I would be driving it around the end of October 2005. However, the JCW factory installed options for 2006 seem to have caused BMW a few problems so my production date was moved back from 4 October 2005 to 14 November 2005. Bummer !

Now I probable won't get it until around early or mid December 05. Look at all the driving fun I'll be missing.

Anyway, it sounds like a lot of the JCW options you want on your MCS pretty much match the ones I orders (except the color).

Mine is Space Blue (one solid color), JCW Engine Tuning Kit, JCW Suspention, Aero Kit, Driving Lights, Park Distance Control, Cold Weather Package, Sports Package, Black Panther Leather Interior, NAV System,and I'm still undecided on the Wheels ! The 18" Wheels cost $2100 ! That's a lot of SMAK for wheels. So we'll see . . .

OK, sorry to ramble on . . . . Welcome aboard and good luck ordering your MCS JCW. . .

Later

Old 10-20-2005, 08:07 AM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisWyso
... they were discussing taking the JCW wheels/rims off for the winter, at least the guy located in Chicago was.
-Chris
Salt will just about destroy anything eventually.

Standard practice for those of you who seem to live in the snow belts is to have two sets of wheels and two sets of tires. You can get steel wheels pretty cheap. Take a look at Tirerack.com. They usually have winter specials for the MINI

Old 10-20-2005, 02:25 PM
anteken
4th Gear
Welcome to the boards...enjoy, lots of info here. Take your shoes off and stay awhile.

Cheers