1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else here in Production Week 47?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 10:28 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yippee!

ASK-MINI says our Mini is in the paint shop (completion date Nov. 23) and that I should call back on Friday to see whether it's at the dock/on a ship.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Davemon
1st Gear
I just had to call and check in to make sure the car was being built and such. They said mine went into production Nov 17th and should be done Nov 26th. I didn't ask ASKMINI which production week I am in but I suspect that what matters is which ship your particular car catches a ride on right? The dealer (cool folks at Mini of Peabody near Boston) said I might see it just before XMas. Sound about right? I haven't researched this or read much so I am fairly in the dark on the art/science of when one's Mini will arrive. Sound right?

When Mini finally started offering a limited slip the car got on my list of possible cars. It saved me a lot of cash over the other options too.

Dave

Old 11-21-2005, 04:52 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
mine is in the bodyshop... so I'm way behind you Sunnyhorse since paint is after the bodyshop. Do you have a name 4 your Mini yet?

Old 11-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Fitch - Nigel is in the body shop with yours. Just called and they said he'll be done next Tuesday.

Old 11-21-2005, 07:11 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
Kooool! I guess mine will be out next Tuesday too then. Mine is a MC like Nigel. Once I pick up my Mini first thing in the morning at the dealer, I'm immediately heading straight over to replace the tires and rims, then from there, heading immediately to Wet Okole for them to take correct measurements. (They recommend this so it is perfect) They will put them on for free 8-10 days later. Since my Mini is HB/W w/white rims, my wet okoles will be black on the outside, dark blue down the center and the Wet Okole dolphins in white as the emblem. woowoo! (head butts all around!) :impatient

Old 11-21-2005, 09:02 PM
Scott4399
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Davemon
I just had to call and check in to make sure the car was being built and such. They said mine went into production Nov 17th and should be done Nov 26th. I didn't ask ASKMINI which production week I am in but I suspect that what matters is which ship your particular car catches a ride on right? The dealer (cool folks at Mini of Peabody near Boston) said I might see it just before XMas. Sound about right? I haven't researched this or read much so I am fairly in the dark on the art/science of when one's Mini will arrive. Sound right?

When Mini finally started offering a limited slip the car got on my list of possible cars. It saved me a lot of cash over the other options too.

Dave
Dave when did you order from Mini of PEabody, I ordered mine on Nove 11th and Ask mini says the completion date should be Nov 26, with a possible delivery around 12/16

Scott

Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Sorry, Fitch ...

... no name yet (I joking suggested Nigel, but Mr. Sunnyhorse vetoed it). Our Mini is definitely a guy (all my cars have been guys, actually), so we've been racking our brains in search of a good Eddie Izzard-themed nickname. (**** Bunwalla, one of the names Eddie thinks got nixed while Engelbert Humperdinck was looking for a stage moniker, is my fave right now but probably won't get chosen. )

Old 11-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Davemon
1st Gear
Hey Scott,

I think I ordered about the same time... actually a little before but I would have to check when I get home. I didn't ask the folks at ASKMINI about the delivery time but Mini of Peabody did say just before or after XMas looked like the delivery range.

Dave

Old 11-23-2005, 08:38 AM
fitch
3rd Gear
I'm in the Paintshop today.. wew hew!... My Mini would have been there a little sooner but there was this Mini in the paintshop yesterday from somebody named Sunnydelight or Funnyhorse or something like that ..that used up all the paint, so all they had left was some mixture they threw together that looked like a 20 year old oxidized silver that Mini is calling 'Battleship Grey'. .. they said it will match the boat my Mini is on.
I'm saddened ..deeply... really... :impatient ...

gobble gobble..mmmm turkey manana

Old 11-23-2005, 09:20 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Listen, smartypants!

Maybe you can persuade Mini to run yours through the plant again and have the "Seaworthy" package installed -- then your battleship-gray Mini can make its way to California without benefit of a cargo ship!

Old 11-23-2005, 09:45 AM
rjmann
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott4399
Dave when did you order from Mini of PEabody, I ordered mine on Nove 11th and Ask mini says the completion date should be Nov 26, with a possible delivery around 12/16

Scott
Interesting. I ordered mine on this Monday 11/21 also from MoP, called Ask-Mini this morning who said I'm in prod with a completion date of the 30th. Guess I caught it right. Does that make me week 47 or 48, dunno, figure it starts in week 47 and ends in 48. As there isn't a week 48 group, figured I'd post here. Just to make it official configured as follows:

MCS HyperB with Black Roof
CWP
LSD
Xenons
Blue/Black Leather
Chromeline trim
Chrono
Anthracite

Happy to be in the mix! Best of luck to you all, heres hoping for a truly sweet Christmas present!

Old 11-23-2005, 10:16 AM
fitch
3rd Gear
I like that...a seaworthy voyage. Well, I just got off the phone and it looks like they found a can of Hyper blue paint at 'Cheerio Depot'. My Mini is saved from 'Battleship grey'. which as one of the painters described also matches the color of the sky for many of the days of the year there.

Old 11-23-2005, 01:14 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
[Edit]Oops...didnt realize there was an editor looking over my shoulder sorry for the redundant message, just joined, thought the first one didn't make it in. Put my order in on Monday the 21st at MoP, a call to ask-mini today confirms the car is in production with a finish date of the 30th. Damn quick! Really surprized its happening so quick. Guess all the talk of them trying to get the orders through prior to the new year is spot on.

Old 11-23-2005, 06:05 PM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
All right!

ASK-MINI (the automated attendant) says, "Your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit." Here we go!

Old 11-23-2005, 06:18 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
Excellent Sunnyhorse!! Now jump on that boat! beep beep

Old 11-23-2005, 06:43 PM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Don't worry, Fitch ...

... your Mini is next! Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Davemon
1st Gear
It looks like I am in the right group then, assuming that the info the rep gave me at ASKMINI is still correct and the car will be completed Nov 26th.

My specs are:
- Mini Cooper S in Pepper white with body color roof
- Anthracite interior
- Sport Pack
- Cold Weather Pack
- LSD
- Multifunction wheel
- Panther Black Leather
- Armrest
- Chrono Pack
- Onboard CPU
- Harmon Kardon sound

I will check on it again next week sometime.

Dave

Old 11-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Thanks Sunnyhorse for mentioning that there is an automated attendant ASK-MINI, I did not know about that:
It said tonight that Nigel is still on track to be completed Tuesday, but did not say where in the process he is at, but assume with fitch's in the paint shop.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:59 PM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
No problem, Rollin ...

... and keep in mind that sometimes the automated attendant lags behind the live ASK-MINI folks in the timeliness of its information (told to me by a live ASK-MINI person). It's possible that your Mini is further along than you think! (I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that my Mini is already on board ship, playing shuffleboard.)

Does anyone know anything about the various ports of entry? On the thread for an earlier production week, I noticed that someone in Illinois said that his/her Mini would be coming into the States through Charleston, so, because I'm in Missouri, I've assumed the same for mine -- but I have no way of knowing whether this is true. The Production Week 45 thread (or 46; can't remember) has some posts with instructions on entering your VIN in the cargo-tracking tools of the various shipping lines to see which ship you're on and where the ship is -- anyone tried this yet?

Old 11-24-2005, 02:10 PM
tealeaf
1st Gear
Hi guys! Add me to the list of week 47 people. I just called ASK-MINI and found out my baby's (Astro Black Cooper) is in the paint shop, and should be completed today! I am keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have my car by Christmas.

Old 11-24-2005, 06:00 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
When and how does one get their VIN# for tracking. Is that available from ask-mini? Is it assigned at the start, middle or end of the production process?

Old 11-24-2005, 07:56 PM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Does anyone know ...

... how to check K Line to see whether a specific VIN is on board one of its ships? The WW Line Web site makes it easy, but the only search function for K Line I can find is for container cargo only.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:26 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Getting a VIN

Originally Posted by rjmann
When and how does one get their VIN# for tracking. Is that available from ask-mini? Is it assigned at the start, middle or end of the production process?
I got mine from a live person on ASK-MINI -- I believe it's assigned as soon as the car actually starts down the assembly line.

Old 11-26-2005, 03:19 PM
tealeaf
1st Gear
According to ASK-MINI my Mini's at the port awaiting a shipping vessel! Does anyone know the average wait time for my car to get on a ship?

Old 11-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Called ask mini yesterday and the guy said Nigel was still in the start of production phase which he explained was just a starting point that they hold the “car” in before it actually goes down the production line. He said since they work 24/7 it only takes a couple days to actually build the car.
He was able to give me a VIN number.
Nigel is still on track to be done Tuesday, so will be calling them Monday.

Quick Reply: Anyone else here in Production Week 47?