1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else here in Production Week 47?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 07:55 PM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wait time for a ship?

Originally Posted by tealeaf
According to ASK-MINI my Mini's at the port awaiting a shipping vessel! Does anyone know the average wait time for my car to get on a ship?
Don't know, TeaLeaf, but (no pun intended) I'm in the same boat you are. I think I'll call my MA tomorrow to find out whether our Mini's on a ship yet. Which port is yours headed to? Ours goes to Charleston, if I'm reading our order form correctly (it says "Port Loc: CHSPOA").

Old 11-28-2005, 12:27 PM
tealeaf
1st Gear
Originally Posted by sunnyhorse
Don't know, TeaLeaf, but (no pun intended) I'm in the same boat you are. I think I'll call my MA tomorrow to find out whether our Mini's on a ship yet. Which port is yours headed to? Ours goes to Charleston, if I'm reading our order form correctly (it says "Port Loc: CHSPOA").
I don't have the order form on me, but I think mine should be headed to New York/Newark.

Old 11-28-2005, 01:03 PM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Drat!

Our MA says that our Mini is still at the dock, awaiting a ship. Says he'll call when it gets loaded. He told me that the build was completed on Thanksgiving Day.

Old 11-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Scott4399
1st Gear
Well according to ASK MINI my mini "Gosomer" is at the port of exit and according to the cargo web site its scheduled to board the "Grand Choice" ship today and arrive in NEw York on 12/8/05, hopefully anyone else on this ship???????????????/

Old 11-29-2005, 08:49 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Happy for you!

Which "cargo web site" did you use? I'm not finding my Mini on the WW Web site, and I still can't locate a tracking tool for cars on the K Line site.

ETA: I just spoke with a K Line representative, who says that there's no way to track an individual car through the K Line site without a bill-of-lading number. Boo!

Old 11-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Happy Birthday Nigel

Ask Mini said Nigel went through quality control this morning and has been handed over to the shipping company! He might be on your ship Scott4399.

Old 11-29-2005, 11:33 AM
tealeaf
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Scott4399
Well according to ASK MINI my mini "Gosomer" is at the port of exit and according to the cargo web site its scheduled to board the "Grand Choice" ship today and arrive in NEw York on 12/8/05, hopefully anyone else on this ship???????????????/
I entered my VIN here: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto
and got "Grand Choice" as well; I guess our minis will be keeping each other company on the way to NY!

Old 11-29-2005, 12:47 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Darn... suspect I'm about to miss the boat. Car is done tomorrow. Anyone know how long the car hangs out at Mini before moving on to the shipyard?

Old 11-29-2005, 05:20 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I was week 46, but my car sat at the dock for a week, so we are all probably "on the same boat" so to say...

I can't find it on OL or 2wglobal, but my car (according to the MA) is on a boat and will be in the US on 12/9/05.

Old 11-30-2005, 07:03 AM
MCDriver
2nd Gear
how do i know what production week i am in? my car was built 11/25.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:55 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
I entered my VIN here: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto
and got "Grand Choice" as well; I guess our minis will be keeping each other company on the way to NY!
Checked the schedule and the Gran Choice leaves SouthHampton today for NYC, my port destination as well. Guess I really did miss the boat. Have to call ask-mini to talk to a human to see if my car was finished early enough to make it. Rollin was a day early, maybe so was I. Fingers crossed.

Old 11-30-2005, 03:18 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rjmann
Checked the schedule and the Gran Choice leaves SouthHampton today for NYC, my port destination as well. Guess I really did miss the boat. Have to call ask-mini to talk to a human to see if my car was finished early enough to make it. Rollin was a day early, maybe so was I. Fingers crossed.
Nope. Was handed over to the shipper just in time to wave goodbye to your cars. Best of luck to those of you that got out. I guess I'll be at the bow of the next ship.

Old 11-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Rjmann I was not a day early, Tuesday was always my completion date. However, Nigel did get through quality control at the factory and onto the dock in the same day according to Ask Mini.

Thanks for the link to the cargo tracker tealeaf.

Mine came up scheduled for the ship named Freedom, with a “Port of Destination” of Charleston, South Carolina.

According to this very good Motoring File article about the shipping process http://motoringfile.com/2005/05/13/m...ping_timeline/
Mini has three Vehicle Processing Centers; Port Hueneme in California and the Northeast Auto Marine Terminal in New Jersey and Charleston, South Carolina. I’m surprised mine is going to South Carolina since the final destination is the Chicago area, seems like New Jersey would be closer. Anyone know if this sounds right for a Chicago bound car?

When you click on the Voyage # it links you to the ship’s voyage schedule. Mine says arriving and departing tomorrow, Dec. 1. Watch out for the European date style - 01/12/2005 means Dec. 1. Says arriving New York Dec. 9, then Baltimore, then finally Charleston Dec. 14 & 15.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:01 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
Hey Rollin! Checked the WW site again this afternoon and sure enough...I made it! My car was booked onto the Freedom at around 2PM GMT today. Apparently according to the port schedule we have an AM departure tomorrow bound for the Apple. We're shipmates! Yahooooooo!

Old 12-01-2005, 05:05 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
Interesting. Looked at the southampton ship movements page and they claimed the freedom was leaving on the 2nd, but went to the sailx site and they had the Freedom having left the port at 1800 hours. Sure enough went to the ocean tracking stuff and the ship is out of the channel and just crossing the last tip of England on its way here.

Old 12-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Scott4399
1st Gear
Gosomer also made in onto the Fredom today we they are shipmates

06 MCS, checkmate,prem,cold weather, space blue mettalic

Old 12-02-2005, 07:58 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Yahoo!

Our Mini was loaded onto the Freedom at 11:04 a.m. Dec. 1. -- but it's headed to Charleston. Should arrive on Dec. 14 after making stops in New York and Baltimore. I don't think we're going to have our car "third week of December or maybe a little earlier," as our MA had said when we ordered, but he's gonna be a fantastic Christmas present nonetheless.

Old 12-02-2005, 08:13 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Interesting. Looked at the southampton ship movements page and they claimed the freedom was leaving on the 2nd, but went to the sailx site and they had the Freedom having left the port at 1800 hours. Sure enough went to the ocean tracking stuff and the ship is out of the channel and just crossing the last tip of England on its way here.
Where are you finding updated information? When I plugged the call sign for the Freedom into the sailwx ship tracker, the latest information was from Nov. 22 (ship was just off the tip of England) and there was a warning that the information was 10 days out of date.

Old 12-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Deuce_Coop
2nd Gear

My car was finished wed 11-30 and is still at the plant as far as I can tell, because the VIN isn't showing up on the WW site as a valid tracking number. The worst part is there isn't another ship departing for S.C. until Sat 12-10 with arival at port scheduled on 12-23.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:53 AM
tealeaf
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Deuce_Coop

My car was finished wed 11-30 and is still at the plant as far as I can tell, because the VIN isn't showing up on the WW site as a valid tracking number. The worst part is there isn't another ship departing for S.C. until Sat 12-10 with arival at port scheduled on 12-23.
Try entering the VIN in all lowercase letters, I got a "VIN not found" error when I capitalized everything.

Old 12-02-2005, 12:57 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sunnyhorse
Where are you finding updated information? When I plugged the call sign for the Freedom into the sailwx ship tracker, the latest information was from Nov. 22 (ship was just off the tip of England) and there was a warning that the information was 10 days out of date.
Okay, yeah I did misinterpreted the tracking data, hadn't realized it was from the 22nd, so my ship position was in error. The info that the Freedom departed came from http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/viewarti...ticleid=718729 which is now showing todays ship movements. Can't seem to find yesterday's page archved anywhere on the site to backup my claim.

Old 12-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Deuce_Coop
2nd Gear
Try entering the VIN in all lowercase letters, I got a "VIN not found" error when I capitalized everything.
Tried it both ways, but no luck
Looks like my MINI is lost in a vortex somewhere between the factory and the shipping yard

Old 12-02-2005, 03:32 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Deuce_Coop
Tried it both ways, but no luck
Looks like my MINI is lost in a vortex somewhere between the factory and the shipping yard
Did you call ask-mini and talk to someone live? My automated attendent this morning says the car is in the paint shop, while the website says I'm awaiting transport, while the WW site does show my car aboard Freedom (which I'm assuming is where it actually is). My prod date was 11/30 too. I'd talk to a human.

Old 12-02-2005, 04:49 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
My Mini has been sitting at the dock since November 24th and still hasn't been designated a ship to float away on. I'm thinking January now because there's no way it will make it to California by the end of this month. No biggee..I think I'll go make a pizza now. mmmm pizza

Old 12-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Deuce_Coop
2nd Gear
Did you call ask-mini and talk to someone live? My automated attendent this morning says the car is in the paint shop, while the website says I'm awaiting transport, while the WW site does show my car aboard Freedom (which I'm assuming is where it actually is). My prod date was 11/30 too. I'd talk to a human.
Just spoke with a human and my MINI was transported to the port yesterday, but is waiting to board a ship. 3-7 days longer from what he said
The men in the pretty white coats may pay me a visit long before my car arrives, this tracking is driving me crazy:impatient

Quick Reply: Anyone else here in Production Week 47?