1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else here in Production Week 47?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 06:19 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Deuce_Coop
Just spoke with a human and my MINI was transported to the port yesterday, but is waiting to board a ship. 3-7 days longer from what he said
The men in the pretty white coats may pay me a visit long before my car arrives, this tracking is driving me crazy:impatient
Sorry to hear that. I have to admit, this tracking thing is becoming an obsession. I think they need a at birth enabled factory wireless web cam option on Minis so you can see where they go when you not around.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:12 AM
tealeaf
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to try to stop obsessively checking the boat tracking sites and just keep my fingers crossed that my car will be in NY on Dec. 8.

Now I'm obsessing over the rest of the variables that'll affect when my baby can be picked up from the dealer:

1. How long do they normally spend in the distro center before they get sent out to their dealerships? (Mine's going from NYC->Morristown so I assume I don't have to worry much about the transit time there. )

2. How long do the dealers typically hold on to them before they can be picked up? I'm supposed to get an iPod adapter installed, is that labor intensive?

Old 12-04-2005, 03:20 PM
tealeaf
1st Gear
Oh, and I checked the owner's lounge today and my mini has an estimated delivery date of 12/14. So hopefully you guys will have delivery dates posted for your cars as well!

Old 12-04-2005, 03:28 PM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Hey, Tealeaf ...

Originally Posted by tealeaf
Oh, and I checked the owner's lounge today and my mini has an estimated delivery date of 12/14. So hopefully you guys will have delivery dates posted for your cars as well!
... when's yours coming off the boat? (Are you on the Freedom, or an earlier ship?) Ours isn't supposed to reach Charleston until the 14th, and then it has to go to the distribution center and get trucked to St. Louis -- we figured we wouldn't see it until Christmas.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:22 AM
tealeaf
1st Gear
Originally Posted by sunnyhorse
... when's yours coming off the boat? (Are you on the Freedom, or an earlier ship?) Ours isn't supposed to reach Charleston until the 14th, and then it has to go to the distribution center and get trucked to St. Louis -- we figured we wouldn't see it until Christmas.
I'm on the Grand Choice. According to the 2wglobal site, it's supposed to arrive in NYC on Dec. 8th, so I assume it's going to spend 3 or 4 days at the VDC and then get shipped over to my dealer in Morristown, which isn't very far away.

Old 12-05-2005, 09:41 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Grrrrrr!

Just checked the WW site, which says that the Freedom is now scheduled to arrive in Charleston on Dec. 15, a day later than originally scheduled [shakes fist at you people getting your cars off the Freedom in New York, apparently delaying the ship's arrival in Charleston ].

If our Mini arrives late, Mr Sunnyhorse is threatening to delay picking it up from the dealer until after Jan. 1 so as to avoid paying personal-property tax on it for 2005. I'm resisting, because I'm worried that our MA will sell the car out from under us -- it happened to some friends of ours at the St. Louis dealership when the cars first came out and someone came in after they'd put their deposit down and offered more for the car.

I'm just frustrated with everyone today!

Old 12-05-2005, 12:43 PM
tealeaf
1st Gear
Grand Choice seems to be delayed, too... the arrival date has changed from Dec. 8 to Dec 10. I guess that Nor'easter slowed it down a bit?

Old 12-05-2005, 01:08 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sunnyhorse
Just checked the WW site, which says that the Freedom is now scheduled to arrive in Charleston on Dec. 15, a day later than originally scheduled [shakes fist at you people getting your cars off the Freedom in New York, apparently delaying the ship's arrival in Charleston ].

If our Mini arrives late, Mr Sunnyhorse is threatening to delay picking it up from the dealer until after Jan. 1 so as to avoid paying personal-property tax on it for 2005. I'm resisting, because I'm worried that our MA will sell the car out from under us -- it happened to some friends of ours at the St. Louis dealership when the cars first came out and someone came in after they'd put their deposit down and offered more for the car.

I'm just frustrated with everyone today!
Hey don't blame us. I had already figured that it would be a least a day late anyway. The remnants of huricane Episilon were in the North Atlantic earlier this week and theres a good Nor'easter happening tonight, so one suspects that the delay can be blamed on the weather.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Scott4399
1st Gear
Absense makes the heart grow fonder, unless of course your waiting for a MINI,then absence makes you nutzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott4399

Gosomer is on the Freedom

06 MCS
space blue mettalic
premium
checkmate
center console
ipod adapt

Old 12-05-2005, 06:05 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
Well...I'm really bummed out. Just went back to the WW site and not only am I not on the Freedom now, which is what the website indicated when I looked at it a few days ago, but I missed the next ship the Jingu Maru and I now seemed to be booked on the Toledo?!?! WTF? Anybody else been back to check their car to make sure they're still listed on the ship they think they are?

Old 12-05-2005, 11:32 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
rjmann..it's the "hyper blue conspiracy". My H/B has been sitting on the dock in England since November 24th and I still have no scheduled boat. No one at ASK Mini can give me an answer why. Maybe they want them to sit so they get to the mainland after the first of the year...enabling them to charge the extra $500 for them arriving in 2006. I'm anticipating an arrival in mid to late Jan now. no biggee. More money to spend on presents this month!!!!

Old 12-06-2005, 03:01 AM
rjmann
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fitch
rjmann..it's the "hyper blue conspiracy". My H/B has been sitting on the dock in England since November 24th and I still have no scheduled boat. No one at ASK Mini can give me an answer why. Maybe they want them to sit so they get to the mainland after the first of the year...enabling them to charge the extra $500 for them arriving in 2006. I'm anticipating an arrival in mid to late Jan now. no biggee. More money to spend on presents this month!!!!
Clearly our HB cars so perfect that they must be having second thoughts about keeping them rather than sending 'em to us Yanks. Maybe I should have ordered one of those lesser colors like CR or PH . Hope you're wrong about the $500. Thats the sort of thing that might cause me to rethink my purchase, particularly after this artificial delay. Fortunately mines rather tailored to my own personal eccentricities which hopefully will make the dealer see reason rather than keep it for stock. In retrospect, should have ticked the checkmate option, might have been here last week. .

Old 12-06-2005, 06:30 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
For all of you with Minis on the Freedom ...

... Sailwx has updated the Freedom's location. Check it out: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...l?call=WDB5483

Old 12-06-2005, 06:33 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Wait a minute ...

I thought the $500 price increase didn't take effect until March?

Old 12-06-2005, 08:41 AM
fitch
3rd Gear
Hi Sunnyhorse, I have heard completely opposite responses on this, some saying it will be March, some saying January 2006 so I am going to assume the worst and anticipate it being January deliveries since January is what it is..2006. I hope i am wrong but I'll probably not know until then anyway. At this point all I know is that there will be an increase in 2006. Why would they wait 3 months? Also, why has my Mini been sitting on a dock in England for over 2 weeks without even being scheduled for a boat? I was all excited that it got built so fast and now it's become a Landlubber in jolly ole. no biggee really, it gets here when it gets here.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:54 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Price increase

When you look at the FAQs on the Mini Web site, it says that the base price for a 2006 Cooper is now $17,500. Our contract says that our base price was $16,950. Regardless of when you take delivery of your car, I'm assuming you also signed a contract based on the earlier price, given that we're in the same production week. I'm not seeing how they can stick us for an extra $500 out of the blue. My guess is that the price increase is for anyone who orders one now.

Old 12-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Scott4399
1st Gear
When I look into buying a Mini in November i was told by the salesamn that they were going up $500.00 in March, So I wouldn't worry about it. Waiting is ba denough without worrying about getting screwed for $500.00.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:43 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
I talked with a person at Ask Mini today and they said it was as of the new year. He also said there was no Santa Claus so I knew he was telling a lie since we all know Santa iz for realzzz.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Price increase

I e-mailed my awesome MA, Christina at Bill Jacobs MINI in the Chicago area, last night about the price increase and she wrote back this morning:
"The price increase takes place on March 1st. It's any car that arrives at the VPC on March 1st or later. You can quote me if you'd like."

Old 12-07-2005, 08:17 AM
fitch
3rd Gear
Excellent Rollin!!! I am printing out this page and keeping it with me when I go to pay for my Mini. That's great news!!!

Old 12-07-2005, 11:53 AM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If any of you are on the Franconia (k-line) with the straglers of week 46, she is docked in Charleston right now! She got there at 5:55am on 12/7 and they started unloading at 7am.

My Jango is in the US!!!

Old 12-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Rollin
3rd Gear
My dealer/MA, so fare, has been great. No hidden charges, or anything that sounds fishy. I went to 3 different dealerships and talked to 2 more and felt best about this one. That is about the only good thing I can say about not having one dealership near by.

However, this does not mean some other dealership could say the price change is for all new MINI's not driven off their lot by March 1 . . . . I would be talking to your MA now, and if you have any reason to not trust them get it in writting now.

Old 12-09-2005, 11:27 AM
fitch
3rd Gear
My car says it's still awaiting a ship. It was built on Nov 23rd so either they ran out of boats or someone accidently drove it into the ocean and it's now in Davy Jones locker. The Ask Mini person says to ask my MA. My MA says the ask mini person has the latest updates :impatient :impatient :impatient Any thoughts? I'm patient and more than happy to wait. It will get here when it gets here. I just like seeing the progress...maybe there is none. It's FRIDAY!!!!! yippppeee!

Old 12-09-2005, 01:59 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
My car says it's still awaiting a ship. It was built on Nov 23rd so either they ran out of boats or someone accidently drove it into the ocean and it's now in Davy Jones locker. The Ask Mini person says to ask my MA. My MA says the ask mini person has the latest updates :impatient :impatient :impatient Any thoughts? I'm patient and more than happy to wait. It will get here when it gets here. I just like seeing the progress...maybe there is none. It's FRIDAY!!!!! yippppeee!
You're kidding!?! My was loaded on the Toledo 12/8 and is on the way and my build date complete date was 11/30. I might call ask mini again and tell them that you're on this board, a bunch of people have have cars built and loaded on to transport that were completed after you car. Then, in the true MNI comradery and spirit, nicely ask them if they could look into it or give you the number of someone who can.

Old 12-09-2005, 07:01 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
Hi RJMANN, Thanks for the support there! I'll just hang tight. My belief is that it already is floating along somewhere but just didn't get updated.
LL Cool J singing...."Mini's going back to Cali... to Cali... to Cali,
going back to Cali..I don't think soooo"

Quick Reply: Anyone else here in Production Week 47?