1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else here in Production Week 47?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 11:38 PM
fins_up
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still waiting

it must be something about coming to the west coast. my MC was theoretically completed on 11/17. and has been sitting down at the dock since 11/20. 18days at port!

could it be that BMW allocating the slots on boats to the more expensive BMW's out of Belgium to tally a higher Year End sale figure? Given all the production slot planning they do, you'd think they could pre-plan the pond transport.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone else here in Production Week 47?-mini3.gif  
Old 12-10-2005, 07:24 AM
rjmann
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fins_up
it must be something about coming to the west coast. my MC was theoretically completed on 11/17. and has been sitting down at the dock since 11/20. 18days at port!

could it be that BMW allocating the slots on boats to the more expensive BMW's out of Belgium to tally a higher Year End sale figure? Given all the production slot planning they do, you'd think they could pre-plan the pond transport.
Funny, I was wondering the same thing when my car was skipped over twice. The new 3-series is selling like hotcakes around here, one suspects that boat priority has to do with how high the number is on the badge plate which roughly translate into profitability. Adding an M probably adds a 2, thus M6 will have the hightest priority. Cooper = 1, MCS = 2. M6 = 8.

Old 12-12-2005, 05:17 AM
tealeaf
1st Gear
My mini's at the distro center. Whee!

Old 12-12-2005, 01:58 PM
Scott4399
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tealeaf
My mini's at the distro center. Whee!

what ship was yours on?

Old 12-12-2005, 03:43 PM
tealeaf
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Scott4399
what ship was yours on?
Grand Choice.

Old 12-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Scott4399
1st Gear
Mine is on the freedeom the web says its in port but just waiting for it be offloaded

can't wait anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2005, 05:26 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
Hey Finsup, mine was loaded onto a boat today and since mine is also coming to SoCali with yours, I assume yours is on the same boat. My mini was sitting at the port since November 23rd, most likely having some fish and chips with a glass of beer, admiring Big Ben, the House of Parliament (here's the webcam... http://www.camvista.com/england/london/bigben.php3) and the foggy weather. Now it's off to the high sea's matey!! ARRRRR MA said arrival on January 5th-7th and ready for pickup around mid January.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:11 PM
fins_up
Neutral
fitch, congrats. do you have a ship name / bill of lading. I assume its a k-line. Hopefully they are indeed on and buckled down for the ride.

my MA didnt have any shipping details this weekend, but thought it should be on a ship by now, and to check back with him mid-week. He mentioned the dealer has multiple MCs with 11/19 production date and dealer delivery of ~12/27. he may just have been hoping to have the 2005 revenue.

Old 12-13-2005, 09:52 AM
fitch
3rd Gear
Fins-up, is the K-Line the ship that goes to Port Huen...(don't know the spelling of that port) or are there other ships that go there as well? Too bad you can't just throw your VIN in there and see if it's on board.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:21 PM
tealeaf
1st Gear
My MA just called. My mini is at the dealership! He's going to try to get it ready to be picked up tomorrow evening. :impatient

Old 12-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Scott4399
1st Gear
Ok now that Gosomer is at the distribution center is there anyway of tracking it.

Old 12-13-2005, 09:27 PM
fins_up
Neutral
fitch, K-lines is the other vehicle shipper appears to be used besides Wallenius Wihelmsem. it's really hard to determine how K-Line route ships from Southampton to Port Hueneme, they list Long Beach but not Port Hueneme. It looks like we need ship info from our MA's to determine if they are on a ship or still at the dock.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Missed The Boat!!!!

For the last two weeks I thought Nigel was heading across the pond on the Freedom and was getting into Charleston tomorrow; Tonight I thought I'd double check Wallenius Wilhelmsen's web site to see if the ship was still getting into port tomorrow so I stuck in my Vin #, and it came up this time as Nigel was just loaded on the Courage Sunday!!!!!
Now, not due into Charleston till the day after Christmas!

No huge deal since I will not be able to get over to the dealer till after the first of the year anyhow, but now have to worry again about making it past the icebergs!

Old 12-16-2005, 03:19 AM
rjmann
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Rollin
For the last two weeks I thought Nigel was heading across the pond on the Freedom and was getting into Charleston tomorrow; Tonight I thought I'd double check Wallenius Wilhelmsen's web site to see if the ship was still getting into port tomorrow so I stuck in my Vin #, and it came up this time as Nigel was just loaded on the Courage Sunday!!!!!
Now, not due into Charleston till the day after Christmas!

No huge deal since I will not be able to get over to the dealer till after the first of the year anyhow, but now have to worry again about making it past the icebergs!
See my previous post on page #4, same deal. It would appear that the WW site simply assigns your cargo to the next available ship. Until you get the actual line confirming you're loaded, all this is wishful thinking. That ship leaves, you wind up being a candiate for the next one, until eventually you do in fact get loaded. Presumably there will be another status update when the car is off loaded, which for me should happen sometime tomorrow. It does seem quite weird that the queue to get on a ship is so unordered. Presumably there is a vast parking lot(s) of MINIs and some of them wind up being overlooked for a while. OTOH, its probably a logistical nightmare. Does anyone know if the cars are in containers, below decks or what? Anyhoo, probably alot of it is the luck of the draw as to where you get parked when you first arrive. Perhaps if its going to NYC it gets higher prority than the more distant locales, dunno, but it would seem that several people who's cars got built before me, were loaded after mine. Doesn't seem fair somehow, OTOH... to paraphrase the immortal Eric Cartman, "Screw you guys...my MINI's almost home!

Old 12-16-2005, 05:25 AM
tealeaf
1st Gear

I have my Mini.

It was dark/rainy out when I finally got it, so I will post pictures when I get home from work.

Old 12-16-2005, 09:19 AM
Deuce_Coop
2nd Gear
So i find out late yesterday that my MINI is on a ship and it left port on the 13th. Talked to my MA and got the ships name and vessel #. It is a k-line ship named Emden. But now how do I track it?

Old 12-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Deuce_Coop
2nd Gear
nevermind, I just found a link on another thread.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone else here in Production Week 47?-emden-12-16-crop2.png  
Old 12-16-2005, 10:26 AM
rjmann
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tealeaf

I have my Mini.

It was dark/rainy out when I finally got it, so I will post pictures when I get home from work.
Congats! Glad mine didn't come in today though, the weather is horrible. Have fun, post pix and drive safe!

Old 12-16-2005, 09:23 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
on a boat...don't know what boat because ASK MINI said I have to ask my MA. MA told me they were not allowed to tell me because they didn't receive that info due to 9/11 stuff. Yeeeeeeeeah, right...which is why everyone else on this forum can't get that info..oh wait, you can???? anyway, I'm supposed to call back in 2 weeks for an update. I'm not upset at the MA because he was extremely helpful telling me about what I can expect when I actually go to buy the car and how I will be taken into a purchase meeting with their management to discuss add-on's, alarms, radar detectors, window tint, warranties, etc ...How can I say no to all these things???

Old 12-17-2005, 09:10 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Awww, Fitch ...

... I'm glad to hear that your Mini finally made it onto a boat!

Our Mini came off the Freedom at 6 p.m. yesterday. What with the state of the roads in South Carolina right now, it may not make it to the VDC for a little bit. The Mini USA site now says that our estimated delivery date is Dec. 21, but I just don't see that happening.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:54 AM
fitch
3rd Gear
Hey Sunnyhorse, Congrats on getting off the boat!!! Won't be long now. I hope the weather gets a little better for you so you can motor.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:07 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
Mines on the ground today apparently. Spoke with my MA, he expects the car by Monday night?!? Thye have to wait for some paperwork, but he's pretty confident I have the car on Thursday. I guess with the Holidays upcoming and the push to produce cars at years end, they're working weekends at the VDC stuff. Hopefully, pick up my car next Friday. Pats are looking good, found a new motor for the race car and the MINIs here this week. Life is good! Happy Holidays week 47 crew!

Old 12-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Davemon
1st Gear
My ride arrived at MoP Friday and it should be ready to be purchased and picked up Monday or Tuesday. Not sure if I will be able to grab it before Friday but I will figure that out soon. A friend was there today and took two pics with his phone... silly, but it is all good! My wife is pretty stoked too.

Dave

Old 12-18-2005, 07:12 AM
rjmann
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Davemon
My ride arrived at MoP Friday and it should be ready to be purchased and picked up Monday or Tuesday. Not sure if I will be able to grab it before Friday but I will figure that out soon. A friend was there today and took two pics with his phone... silly, but it is all good! My wife is pretty stoked too.

Dave
Well, if you pick it up Friday, Hopefully, we'll see ya there!

Old 12-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Scott4399
1st Gear
Originally Posted by rjmann
Well, if you pick it up Friday, Hopefully, we'll see ya there!

what dealer are you going thru, i'm going thru peabody, waiting for gosomer to be trucked north

Quick Reply: Anyone else here in Production Week 47?