1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else here in Production Week 47?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 03:49 AM
rjmann
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fitch
Congrats Sunnyhorse!! and now the motoring adventure begins for you! Woot Woot!! . Solstice, I don't see estimated delivery dates on the OL. Where are you looking? I wonder if it shows for some people and not for others, like me. Maybe mine is stuck on the high sea's too. The weather has been very bad so maybe they delayed their west coast voyage from Panama...or maybe they docked in Mexico and hooked up with Sammy Hagar at Cabo Wabo and pounded too much tequila. Oh no!!! My Mini is on that ship!!!
http://www.cabowabo.com/cruise/index.html
Wouldn't worry too much. My estimated delivery date wasn't up on the website until after the car was at the dealer. 'course my MINI wasn't traveling with a boat load of Tequilla, so who can say for sure...if they can talk at all by now.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woot Woot, my MA called and said the Mini has landed, I think in Port Hueneueenenehoneuene or something I can't repeat like that. They found several open bottles of tequila in the back seat, a Panama Flag wrapped around the bonnet and a Sammy Hagar Cabo Wabo cowboy hat on the antenna but it made it to shore. Next stop, uh, I don't know what the nest stop is but it will be here in about a week I guess. I celebrated by taking a 16 ounce doughball i had made the day before and dividing it into 3 small thin 8 nch pizzas, one Bullzeye bbq sauce, mozz cheese and bbq chicken, one ranch dressing mozzarella cheese and bbq chicken and one my pizza sauce and Mozzzz cheese. The kids loved it, especially since they had to make them....with a little guidance from the Big MF (my initials).. Notice how I segwayd (how do you spell segwayd?)from week 47 into food ****.. All posts should do that don't ya think?????????:impatient :impatient :impatient :impatient :impatient :impatient :impatient

Old 01-04-2006, 10:48 AM
solstice
Neutral
Car totaled!

Well, it 'aint good news folks. Just got a call from my MA (this is the call you never want to get) and he informed me that my car had been "dropped at the port" and that it was totalled! So what do I do from here? They of course can order me a new car and he said he would see if another dealer had a car similar to the one I had ordered. So we'll see if anything shows up that's close. I'm still halfway thinking that its all a hoax and that I'll get a call back saying "Ha Ha, just wanted to see how you would react." . . . But I suspect not. So now I guess I fix the brakes on my old SAAB and maybe put new tires on it. Not sure at this point if I'm going to MINI or not!

Old 01-04-2006, 11:04 AM
rjmann
4th Gear
Originally Posted by solstice
Well, it 'aint good news folks. Just got a call from my MA (this is the call you never want to get) and he informed me that my car had been "dropped at the port" and that it was totalled! So what do I do from here? They of course can order me a new car and he said he would see if another dealer had a car similar to the one I had ordered. So we'll see if anything shows up that's close. I'm still halfway thinking that its all a hoax and that I'll get a call back saying "Ha Ha, just wanted to see how you would react." . . . But I suspect not. So now I guess I fix the brakes on my old SAAB and maybe put new tires on it. Not sure at this point if I'm going to MINI or not!
Holy sheep sh$t! That is unbelievable! What a waste, so sorry to hear this, hopefully its a mistake. Did you try calling ask mini to verify and perhaps ask them if there was anything that could be done to slot you in immediately? I would think that in a case like this they'd at least try to provide some special treatment.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Scott4399
1st Gear

I hope it's a joke a sick one at that, sorry to hear that, I would be beside myself.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Soltice,
That is horrible!!!!

Now you have me worried as I have not heard anything about my car for awhile. Hope Nigel was not under your car.

Old 01-04-2006, 01:44 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
Solstice, I'm really sorry to hear the news. I don't understand why they would be picking up your Mini in the first place, Dont they just drive them off a ramp? Seems crazy that they would hoist cars up with a crane to pick them off a container. My friend owns a dealership in Hawaii and I am going to call him right now and ask. It just sounds not right... Not sure who your dealer is but I would verify with the shipping company what really happened as well as Mini. Call me a skeptic. I am 1. Regardless, I'm sorry. I agree with RJMann, call Mini and ask them for a slot, and ask for new mats, a free upgrade from MC to MCS and anything else they can throw in for the MAJOR INCONVENIENCE this has caused you. ok, maybe I went overboard there...just have them throw in JCW, hehe

Old 01-04-2006, 02:03 PM
solstice
Neutral
Thanks for the support folks! I'm going to hang tight for 24hrs or so and see what the dealer comes up with. Yeah, on my paranoid side I think maybe someone else is getting my car and I get the "total" story . . . but I also know that mistakes get made too and sometimes we're just unlucky.

Old 01-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Talked to my MA today and she said Nigel safely arrived Tuesday night!!!!

Sounds like it will be middle to end of next week when he is ready. Living 240 miles away means I can not even go by and take a peak so it is going to be a long few days.

Solstice,
I mentioned what happened to your car to her and she said they had a car once squished on a boat by one of the hydraulic floors.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:24 AM
solstice
Neutral
Originally Posted by Rollin
Talked to my MA today and she said Nigel safely arrived Tuesday night!!!!

Sounds like it will be middle to end of next week when he is ready. Living 240 miles away means I can not even go by and take a peak so it is going to be a long few days.

Solstice,
I mentioned what happened to your car to her and she said they had a car once squished on a boat by one of the hydraulic floors.
Congrats Rollin! I'd heard a rumor somewhere on one of the forums about a car or cars getting damaged at the port, but I never remotely thought it would happen to mine! Oh well. I went ahead and re-ordered the car yesterday. My MA said they would expedite the manufacture of the car (next week maybe?) and put it at the front of the queue. I'm still looking at end of March for delivery. So, I'm going to try to forget about MINI mania for awhile and deal with the rest of my messy life!

Old 01-06-2006, 09:50 AM
fitch
3rd Gear
Congrats on your order Solstice!! 2 months wait, no big deal. By the way, yesterday I saw th new Pontiac Solstice my neighbor bought. Pretty sweet looking car, and not a bad price

Old 01-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Deuce_Coop
2nd Gear
Picked up Boudreaux this morning. Orriginally a week 49 build that was bumped to week 47. Grin from ear to ear all the way home.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Congrads Deuce Coop!

Solstice,
Since the replacement car is coming after March 1 did you get the dealer to agree to eat the $300-500 price increase?

See link if you are not aware of the March 1 price increases;
http://motoringfile.com/2005/11/09/m...ases-for-2006/

Old 01-06-2006, 06:57 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
Woot Woot! my Mini (to be named at a later date) came into the dealer today The MA said they have to schedule the guy to put on the stripes, probably Monday at best. Monday through Wednesday I am out of town. Reminds me of that line by John Travolta in the movie Face Off...
...."What a predicament!"

Old 01-07-2006, 05:15 PM
solstice
Neutral
Congrads Deuce Coop!

Solstice,
Since the replacement car is coming after March 1 did you get the dealer to agree to eat the $300-500 price increase?

See link if you are not aware of the March 1 price increases;
http://motoringfile.com/2005/11/09/m...ases-for-2006/
Hmmm . . . Good point. They did offer me $500 in accessories (which I happily accepted) but I was told at the time of the original order that the final price would reflect any price increases in the interim. So I may get some "free" stuff but still have to pay the increase. I can try to dicker and see what happens!

Old 01-07-2006, 05:17 PM
solstice
Neutral
Congrats on your order Solstice!! 2 months wait, no big deal. By the way, yesterday I saw th new Pontiac Solstice my neighbor bought. Pretty sweet looking car, and not a bad price

Pretty cool neighborhood!

Old 01-07-2006, 06:49 PM
LizzyBobio
OVERDRIVE
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmmm . . . Good point. They did offer me $500 in accessories (which I happily accepted) but I was told at the time of the original order that the final price would reflect any price increases in the interim. So I may get some "free" stuff but still have to pay the increase. I can try to dicker and see what happens!
Solstice, that is awful news. I would contact MINI directly. There is no way that you should have to pay a price increase for a mistake that's out of your control.

Old 01-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Solstice,
Talk to your MA now. Time of your orginal order got the car here before the price increase so make sure they are talkig $500 in free stuff along with the price you would have paid this month. The delay was out of your control. Also, be aware of the plant shut down this month (see link below) so make sure it is being built before then, otherwise it could be even longer till your car arrives.
http://motoringfile.com/2005/11/08/m...ause-shortage/

Old 01-08-2006, 10:03 AM
fitch
3rd Gear
Interesting situation...I think the answer depends on who actually has financial responsibility for the vehicle at the location of the accident. If Mini does, you can ask them to honor your original price but if the dealership has financial control at that point, maybe they cannot do anything to help you since they are ordering at the new price and it isn't Mini's responsibility that the car was totaled at the dock. If it is the dealerships ownership, then the offer they made to you for the $500 in free upgrades was pretty good since they eat those costs on their end. They'll still make money but not as much. Either way, you have your Mini ordered and it will be here soon. Excellent!!!!

Old 01-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Deuce_Coop
2nd Gear
Interesting situation...I think the answer depends on who actually has financial responsibility for the vehicle at the location of the accident. If Mini does, you can ask them to honor your original price but if the dealership has financial control at that point, maybe they cannot do anything to help you since they are ordering at the new price and it isn't Mini's responsibility that the car was totaled at the dock. If it is the dealerships ownership, then the offer they made to you for the $500 in free upgrades was pretty good since they eat those costs on their end. They'll still make money but not as much. Either way, you have your Mini ordered and it will be here soon. Excellent!!!!
It is my understanding that the car belongs to the manufacture until the dealership signs for it upon reciept.

Changing subjects:

I have Boudreaux!!!!!! Picked him up Fri 1-6 and have 550 miles on him already.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone else here in Production Week 47?-delivery-compressed.jpg   Anyone else here in Production Week 47?-compressed-outside.jpg   Anyone else here in Production Week 47?-compressed-inside.jpg  
Old 01-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Congrads Deuce Coop!

Talked to my MA today and willl pick up Nigel Friday or Saturday!!!! They are waiting on graphics material.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Made it home safely with Nigel late Sunday night, with sore muscles in our faces from grinning all the way. The bottom side graphics are bigger than I expected, so my initial joy was tempered, and I am debating if I want to have them re-done. My wife loves the way it looks now. The hood stripe also does not include the morphing from stripe to checkers I wanted, which was accomplished on the sides. Otherwise, the car is great! Really, really love the all anthracite interior. Boy is it difficult to keep the revs down during this break in period.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:41 AM
rjmann
4th Gear
Made it home safely with Nigel late Sunday night, with sore muscles in our faces from grinning all the way. The bottom side graphics are bigger than I expected, so my initial joy was tempered, and I am debating if I want to have them re-done. My wife loves the way it looks now. The hood stripe also does not include the morphing from stripe to checkers I wanted, which was accomplished on the sides. Otherwise, the car is great! Really, really love the all anthracite interior. Boy is it difficult to keep the revs down during this break in period.
Congrats! I love the way the car looks! The silver/purple really works well and the Cobra stripe to checkerboard is in my book. Best of luck, happy motoring! BTW aren't you a little young to be driving?