1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else here in Production Week 47?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 10:46 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production Week 47 support group

Mr. Sunnyhorse and I put down our deposit on Saturday and are looking forward to delivery of our 2006 Cooper, Pure Silver with a black top and the Sport, Premium, and Cold Weather packages. Now the waiting begins! David Maple, our salesman at Mini of St. Louis, tells us it'll probably be the third week of December but possibly a bit earlier.

Last edited by sunnyhorse; 10-26-2005 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Thread-name change to conform with similar threads
Old 10-25-2005, 08:43 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Goodbye Week 44 - Hello Week 46!

I just got screwed!

I called ASK-MINI today to check my status and thought "Maybe I'll confirm the spec... just to make sure that everything is OK." It's a good thing I did!

My MA mis-ordered my roof color!!!

I was going PW/PW (with painted arches, once I get the car) for a very Euro look and they selected a black roof! The only thing worse than this would have been not checking and finding out in December that they had to re-order the car and that I had another 2 months to wait!

I strongly recommend that you all call ASK-MINI and confirm your colors and options with a real person.

Old 10-25-2005, 08:54 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
sunnyhorse,

Welcome to NAM This site is a good way to kill time while waiting for your MINI to show up. A lot can be learned here, as well as bringing up doubts as to the color, the specs, and options you ordered .

Really, stick around and kill time while you wait.

Earl

Old 11-10-2005, 03:55 PM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Oh, we had doubts, Earl -- called our MA and asked that the Convenience package be added if it wouldn't slow delivery. He said it would not, and so we did. :smile:

Old 11-13-2005, 05:12 PM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Come on ...

is no one else in Production Week 47?

I just called ASK-MINI, and we've been moved from "on order" to "scheduled for production," but no date's been set (the person in the Week 36 support group who said that the tracking on the Mini Web site lags behind the information you get by phone was absolutely correct). How long does it take to get a production date once you're "scheduled for production"?

Old 11-13-2005, 05:31 PM
mini552
4th Gear
yeah, my MA tells me mid-Dec to late Dec. my Cooper should arrive - Pepper White w/Black roof/mirrors; Sport seats in gray leatherette; Piano 7 dash & door trim; HK; Chromeline; JCW Sound Kit; Xenons. I'm scanning all of Octaneguy's detailing tips.

Old 11-13-2005, 06:26 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
I was told by the person at ask Mini week 47 but I'm guessing it wont be for me... My order has been "on order" without a scheduled production date for 2 weeks now. I'd love to get it before January so I don't have to pay an extra $500 just because they sit on my order but it's not looking good. Oh well, it will be nice to tell the finance guy at the dealership that I would have loved to get that extended warranty but with the extra 5 bills tacked on...just can't see it happenin'...

Old 11-13-2005, 08:09 PM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Hey, Fitch ...

... what's holding up your order? JCW package or the like?

Old 11-13-2005, 08:36 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
... what's holding up your order? JCW package or the like?

no, just a base HB/W Cooper with stripes. I'm going off on mods once I get it but didn't want to add anything to it on the financing end. I have no idea why the order is just sitting there... I'm really in no hurry since I have another car that I will sell after the Mini arrives. The only thing bugging me is having to pay an extra $500 if it comes in after Jan 1st for the price increase instead of it arriving prior to Dec 31st when I could use the 5 bills on my rims.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:43 PM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Gah ...

... we just got switched from "on order" to "in production," so it must not be good news for us, either.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:49 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
one strange and unusual thing I'm doing on my order...I ordered white Holeys for my rims and the MA asked if I was sure I wanted them. The reason I ordered the white holeys wasn't because I wanted them but I noticed they sell higher or just seem to turn faster on Ebay for some reason than the none white holeys. The morning I pick up my Mini, I am driving from the dealership straight over to get my new rims put on and the holeys will immediately come off with the Continentals. They'll be on ebay that night. After the wheels are on, I'm heading straight over to wet okole for them to install the seat covers. They install for free here with appoinment and will do a better job than me.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:08 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
... we just got switched from "on order" to "in production," so it must not be good news for us, either

Sunnyhorse, you're still in much better shape than me since you are "in production". I think you'll get yours before the end of the year..at least I hope you do!

Old 11-13-2005, 09:13 PM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Why would the price go up if you've signed a contract with the dealership and are buying an '06?

ETA: I sure hope you're right, Fitch.

Old 11-13-2005, 10:50 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
Why would the price go up if you've signed a contract with the dealership and are buying an '06?

It's posted from an article elsewhere on this forum (not sure where) that there will be a price increase in 2006. From what I understand, regardless of what pricing was negotiated at your dealer, this overrides it. There's some question as to when it goes into effect but my guess would be when the doors open to the dealership on the first working day of 2006. I hope I am wrong.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:05 AM
cct1
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It's my understanding that the price increase will occur after March 1st, so you should all be ok....

Old 11-14-2005, 07:07 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
Oh, good!

Originally Posted by cct1
It's my understanding that the price increase will occur after March 1st, so you should all be ok....
Thanks for that welcome news, cct1. Now you can have that extended warranty, Fitch!

Old 11-14-2005, 09:30 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
Called Ask Mini to see when my "on order" Mini would be scheduled for production since it didn't have a date scheduled on Friday. He gave me good news..even though it shows "on order" still, they started building it this morning. So I went from on order with no production date scheduled to "the birth canal", haha . Happy happy joy joy

Old 11-15-2005, 06:24 AM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
That's great!

Fitch, I'm so happy for you -- I think I'll call my dealer today (my MA is off, I believe, so I'll pester someone else) and see whether we're further along than we thought, too.

ETA: Woo-hoo! Just called ASK-MINI and talked to a very nice live guy. He says we'll go into production on Nov. 16 or 17 and that we've got an estimated completion date of Nov. 23. He also gave me the VIN, so now I can call the insurance agent and get a policy going (my premium will be decreasing by $36 a year, BTW).

Last edited by sunnyhorse; 11-15-2005 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Updated info
Old 11-17-2005, 09:13 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
Hi Sunnyhorse, did your Mini go to production today? My completion date is the same as yours so maybe we'll be on the same boat! :smile:

Old 11-17-2005, 09:25 PM
sunnyhorse
2nd Gear
They didn't start building it ...

... today, but the ASK-MINI guy I spoke with said that it takes four or five days to build the car, so the Nov. 23 completion date was most likely still accurate. Another ASK-MINI adviser told me that it takes a day for the car to get from the plant to the dock -- I'm not sure, but I think there's a boat leaving for Charleston (which I believe is my port of entry) on the 24th. You're in California, right? Yours may go on a different boat -- Port Hueneme?

At any rate, I'm thrilled to hear that things are moving along for you, too!

Old 11-17-2005, 10:05 PM
fitch
3rd Gear
I'm pretty sure you are correct we will be on different boats since we're heading different directions once we hit dirt. So right now, our Mini's are as close as they're gonna get. Pretty cool knowing they are moving along Funny how there don't seem to be many people from this forum in our week. Some weeks seem to have a ton of posters in them. Maybe they're only making our 2 Mini's so we'll each have the entire boat to ourselves!

Old 11-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Scott4399
1st Gear
Can't wait

Hell all,

i just ordered mine on 11/11 ask mini says its in production and will be done Nov 26, I hope so.

Cooper s Checkmate, premium pack, cold weather pack, ipod adapter ,center arm rest, and i'm thinking about getting the convenience pack if it doesn't push the date back

Scott

Her name will be "Gosomer"

Old 11-19-2005, 06:36 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
DO NOT go by the status in the Owners Lounge. call 1 866 ASKMINI, they are the most up to date source. MIB was completed before the owners lounge even said that it was in the paint shop!

Old 11-19-2005, 07:11 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by DrDiff
DO NOT go by the status in the Owners Lounge. call 1 866 ASKMINI, they are the most up to date source. MIB was completed before the owners lounge even said that it was in the paint shop!
I'll bet ASKMINI gets a lot of calls

Earl

Old 11-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Hi,
Just got an e-mail from my MA today that my MC went into production yesterday and I'm suddenly joining all of you in this production week! Brilliant! Have not even received the paper work. This has been almost 2 years in the making so please pardon me if this is a bit long winded , but I'm having fun.
I was going to wait till next year to order, but put the plan on fast track last weekend when Motoring File had the story about the $500 increase and the January shut down - All hail Gabe! Originally my MA said she had slots in December so I thought production was a little ways away. Now with this e-mail today it all just shifted into top gear
Calling ASK MINI first thing Monday to make sure everything is correct. Does anyone here know if the standard tires on the 15” 7-hole wheels are all season or summer performance tires?

My Mini Love saga:
Rented Italian Job DVD;Drove over 500 miles round trip all on New Years Day 2004 to Minneapolis area dealer (we live in eastern Iowa) and was hooked for sure after test drive-despite lousy cold slushy weather; Thinking BRG for color; Joined NAM; Dragged the family to the East meets West show in Chicago; Thinking BRG is too dark so IB, name him Nigel and give him a yellow graphic treatment and red #5 like Nigel Mansell's car

Test drove again later in 2004 while visiting the two closest Chicago area dealers (if you can call 250 miles on way close) and that is when I found Christina at Bill Jacobs in Naperville who has been great to work with ; Made Motoring File my home page; Decided I wanted a 2006 when I saw photos of the next generation's interior; Really wanted a 2006 when heard about the silver roof, but not happy with loss of IB; In June this year, while flying in and out of Chicago O’Hare during a family vacation, whittled down my wish-list - Yes on Anthracite headliner and Purple exterior, No on HB, and of course test drove some more and confirmed a MC is a lot of fun and can live w/o the S so planned on a well equipped MC, rather than a bare-bones MCS; came up with name of Nigel Becketts after corner complex at Silverstone

(You can tell I’ve waited way, way too long when I'm thinking up logos too :impatient)

Learned all about clay baring and NXT wax on NAM, and practiced on my wife’s Elephant; E-mailed my specs Monday; Phoned in my deposit Wednesday and Nigel is already being built!!!

Nigel's specs:
BEP/S MC, SS+, DSC, Multifunction Steering Wheel, Leatherette Sport Seats, Cold weather package, Anthracite Dash & Headliner, front and rear fog lamps.

Planning on getting from the dealer;
Stainless Steel Foot Rest, Grocery Bag Holders, Boot Net, White Side-turn Indicator covers, Front Mud Guards, Chrome or Black Union Jack flag license Plate Frame.

Seriously thinking of getting Bridge spoke wheels. Would like to also get a Borla or Supersprint exhaust. What extras are you planning to add at the dealer and afterwards? I'm meeting with a friend tomorrow who is a graphic designer to play with graphic ideas in silver and red.

Great to be able to finally join a Production week thread!

Quick Reply: Anyone else here in Production Week 47?