1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I haven't even bought it yet, and I'm already doubting my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 12:01 PM
dgboggs
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't even bought it yet, and I'm already doubting my dealer

This crap makes me not want to even buy the car.

I am going to have Goodrich T/A Tractions put on and get rid of the run-flats. My ideal setup would be to have TireRack send the tires directly to the dealer to have them put on, so that when I get the car, it's truly ready.

Well, my salesperson just informed me that they want over 200.00 to simply mount and balance the tires . That is just absurd, and I will not pay it. It really makes me doubt future transactions (like, if I needed a clutch AFTER the warranty expires).....

Old 10-25-2005, 12:11 PM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just take the car to a tire store after you get it, I would much rather have guys that earn their living mounting tires do any work for me. Your dealer probably doesn't really want to do the work either, hence the high price.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:15 PM
dgboggs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mtbscott
Just take the car to a tire store after you get it, I would much rather have guys that earn their living mounting tires do any work for me. Your dealer probably doesn't really want to do the work either, hence the high price.
But is says something about the service- something negative.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:19 PM
aDeLoreanGuy
4th Gear
I have yet to find a dealer that charges reasonable rates for non-warrenty work. Once the warrenty expires, I'm sure you will be able to find plenty of places that will work on the MINI for a lot less then the dealership.

I agree with mtbscott, just go to a tire shop and have them do it. Driving on the runflats for a few days isn't the worst thing in the world. Also, you get to keep them either as spares or just sell them to recoup some of the cost of the Goodrich T/As.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:26 PM
PurplePeopleEater
6th Gear
I have learned already that some MINI dealers are much more accomodating than others. Classic in Ohio has been great. Global Imports not so much..

Old 10-25-2005, 12:32 PM
dgboggs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by aDeLoreanGuy
I have yet to find a dealer that charges reasonable rates for non-warrenty work. Once the warrenty expires, I'm sure you will be able to find plenty of places that will work on the MINI for a lot less then the dealership. Yeah, that's true

I agree with mtbscott, just go to a tire shop and have them do it. Driving on the runflats for a few days isn't the worst thing in the world. Also, you get to keep them either as spares or just sell them to recoup some of the cost of the Goodrich T/As.
I don't mind doing that- it's the PRINCIPLE of it.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:32 PM
dgboggs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater
I have learned already that some MINI dealers are much more accomodating than others. Classic in Ohio has been great. Global Imports not so much..
Thank you!! You're thinking like I'm thinking.

Old 10-25-2005, 04:39 PM
anteken
4th Gear
I would think that the tires can be sold for enough to cover having them changed out....if that's what you want.

Cheers

Old 10-25-2005, 04:41 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater
Classic MINI in Mentor is GREAT .........until you need service, we get it at BMW, where everyone is a *****! Its so much fun!