1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production week 46 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 08:48 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Production week 46 Support Group

Well... I'm going to start this thread off on a bad note, but I was in week 44 until my MA mis-ordered my car! It was in production before I called ASK-MINI to confirm my specification and discovered the error. The dealership moved me back 2 weeks to get the error corrected, but now I have 2 weeks longer to wait! WAH!

Be sure to call ASK-MINI as soon as you have a production number and talk to a customer service representative (they are always very friendly and happy people... great service) to verify your specification in detail. It's what they have on their computer screens that will be built... not the specification detail you signed at the dealership!

Old 10-28-2005, 05:31 PM
agranger
6th Gear
What? Nobody in week 46 with me?

Old 10-28-2005, 07:37 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the rate that they are handing out VIN Numbers to the week 45 people... You may have a bunch of company!

Old 10-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Skeffers
3rd Gear
Let's stake claim to Week 46, too.

Old 10-28-2005, 08:24 PM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
I agree with drdiff! there is a definate chance I'll be in 46 with you!

Old 10-29-2005, 05:29 PM
UncleFester
2nd Gear
On Order

Week 46 here as well. Astro Black, Silver roof. Tartan red cloth/Panther leather interior. Premium, sport, cold wx, and JCW packages. Still "On order". Origial week 47 changed to week 46 production. Already named the car: Malice Cooper!

Old 10-30-2005, 01:03 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Originally Posted by UncleFester
Week 46 here as well. Astro Black, Silver roof. Tartan red cloth/Panther leather interior. Premium, sport, cold wx, and JCW packages. Still "On order". Origial week 47 changed to week 46 production. Already named the car: Malice Cooper!
Sounds great, Be certain to join us in the Astro Black Registry

Old 11-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello fellow week 46er's.

You may know me from my week 40 posts. My MINI was misordered & I get to wait at least 6 more weeks & maybe more. My car came with an Alloy Patina dash. Not Anthracite like was ordered.

I reordered on Saturday 10-29-05 & was sent home with an order number.

Today I called ask MINI & checked that all my specs were there. Yep it's all there. Now just that darned wait.

Here is the final spec of my car.

MCS
HB/W
Grey/black plastic cow
Antracite dash
CWP
MFW
Auto dimming mirror
Chrome line exterior
Xenon
Fogs front
Fog rear
LSD
16 inch V spokes

Chuck

Old 11-02-2005, 07:17 AM
agranger
6th Gear
Dude!

I was pissed after having an additional 2 weeks of waiting added. God only knows how upset I would have been if I had arrived at the dealership to discover the mis-order. I caught mine just after it entered production... too late to make changes to the roof color(even though it hadn't entered the paintshop yet).

I'm sorry for your loss (of 6 weeks of motoring). Did your Dealer or MA make an apology or give you anything in the way of compensation (a free hat, keyring, anything)? I was expecting a note of apology, but I guess that's expecting too much in this day and age... and too much from a business that sells as many cars as they can get in stock.

Yet again, here's another example of the need to call ASK-MINI RIGHT NOW to confirm your specification! Don't wait another minute! Don't trust your MA farther than you can throw them!

Old 11-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Well the MA that ordered this one wasn't the one that did the misorder. The fellow that ordered it no longer works there. I wasn't offered anything for my extra wait time. When I talk to the MA I may ask for an ipod adapter or something simular. That would take the sting away just a bit. Although missing the fall drives with the great colors around here has left me a bit blue. This MA was really good about the whole thing.

Chuck

Old 11-04-2005, 06:35 AM
Cecil Davis
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by agranger
What? Nobody in week 46 with me?
Naaaaaaaa ! You've got company in "Week 46" . I ordered my MCS-JCW back in August and had a production date or 4 October 2005 :smile: , then was told that the JCW factory installed option MCS' were being rolled back . BMW was behind getting the JCW factory installed Options online, so I was given a new production date . . . which is now the week of 14 Nov 2005 (procuction week 46), so I'm officially bummed !

Old 11-06-2005, 05:31 AM
Crashton
6th Gear
I called ask-MINI this week & they told me that they thought my car would be built in the week of 11-14-05. They also said that it wasn't for sure just possible. Waiting for the first car was bad, but waiting for the second one is much worse. We've had some great days for motoring here this past week. All I could think of was what fun it would've been in a MINI.

Chuck

Old 11-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Checked the OL just now & my status has changed from on order where it's been for a week to scheduled for production. Nice to see a change in status. It's closer to being built.

Chuck

Old 11-07-2005, 08:14 AM
SonicVI
3rd Gear
I'm a Week 46er, due for completion on the 15th. For those of us the US will we most likely be taking delivery before Christmas? I was told probably early to mid January from my dealer, but he could've just been giving me a very conservative estimate in case it took longer than usual for some reason.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Yes I believe that most times people are told that it will take longer than the actual time. Better to have a customer happy it came in early as opposed to mad the darn car's late. My first one came in just under 6 weeks & it's replacement looks like it will take the same amount of time. My MA said it would be 8 weeks. Being in TX it may take just a bit longer though.

That's a nice car you've ordered there. I especially like the color combination.

Chuck

Old 11-08-2005, 01:39 PM
UncleFester
2nd Gear
Vin

Anyone else get a VIN yet?:smile:

Old 11-08-2005, 01:56 PM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Crashton
Hello fellow week 46er's.

You may know me from my week 40 posts. My MINI was misordered & I get to wait at least 6 more weeks & maybe more. My car came with an Alloy Patina dash. Not Anthracite like was ordered.

I reordered on Saturday 10-29-05 & was sent home with an order number.

Today I called ask MINI & checked that all my specs were there. Yep it's all there. Now just that darned wait.

Here is the final spec of my car.

MCS
HB/W
Grey/black plastic cow
Antracite dash
CWP
MFW
Auto dimming mirror
Chrome line exterior
Xenon
Fogs front
Fog rear
LSD

Chuck
great spec! we have almost the same car except for the dash color and rear mirror! well I'm on the east coast and week 45 so I'll be sure to post as many pics as possible for ya to make the last week or so go by quickly. I'm expecting mine by the first week of dec. I'll have digitals from the first day it arrives!

Old 11-08-2005, 03:04 PM
RIPPER
4th Gear
Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts
pissed off

hello everyone. I need to rant right now. Is it just me or do the people at "ask mini" have thier heads up thier cooloos? I ordered my mcS on Oct 24th. I called ask mini on 28th and was told that I was build week 44 but, there wasn't a vin# yet. I called back on the 31st and was told that i was week 45 build. I just got off the phone with ask mini and now i'm being told that I'm week 46 build. I'm really starting to get pissed off Can anyone tell me if when they ordered thier cmini they had to put a thuosand doller no-refundable deposit? thats what I was told when I ordered my mini. If I could get my money back I probably would. Someone cheer me up and talk some sense into me

Old 11-08-2005, 04:21 PM
SonicVI
3rd Gear
I payed a $500 deposit and it is not non-refundable. If you don't buy they can only hold your money if they can't sell the car which is very unlikely. I ordered my mini two days before you and was told week 46 and just got my VIN a few days ago, so your MA or Ask Mini were probably just wrong. Have you checked your status in the owner's lounge recently?

Old 11-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Did you order the JCW kit on your MINI? I've read that those cars were pushed to a later production date due to the JCW kit & some glitch with production.

As far as ask-MINI goes I've found them to be helpful. You might also try having your MA try & find some info for you.

I left a deposit for my MCS, but it's only 1/4 of what you were required to leave. I never would have left a $1000 non refundable deposit. You already did, so try & stay cool about it. I know it's a hard thing to do, but when your car gets here you're going to be happy you bought it.

What are the specs on your MCS?

Good luck.

Chuck

Old 11-08-2005, 07:39 PM
RIPPER
4th Gear
yes I have checked online and it always says " on order". My specs are

cr/cr
space gray/black cloth
cr dash/door trim
sport pkg
cold pkg
lsd
multi function steering wheel
no bonnet strips(doing vipper strips)

Old 11-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Well it's getting closer to being a real car. As of today my car has its VIN number. A small step to some, but it gives me hope. I hope you don't mind me posting here so much. It's good therapy for me.

Chuck

Old 11-09-2005, 08:56 PM
pitpass
2nd Gear
Week 46 also, car should be completed by the 13th.
DS/DS H/K, LSD and headliner. I just picked up a
copy of Go MINI and wish I would've known about
the JCW wheels. Then I saw the price of $2300
on the website. Ouch. Bought the car from
Schomp in Denver. I assume the roads will be bad
in January.

Old 11-10-2005, 12:52 PM
RIPPER
4th Gear
Just talked to my salesman at Towson Mini and he gave me my vin# and said that they started to build "Lil Ripper" at 6.39 am Oxford time. Then iit should take a week to build, 12 days on boat and a week to get to the dealer. At least thats how I hope it goes.

Old 11-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RIPPER
Just talked to my salesman at Towson Mini and he gave me my vin# and said that they started to build "Lil Ripper" at 6.39 am Oxford time. Then iit should take a week to build, 12 days on boat and a week to get to the dealer. At least thats how I hope it goes.
I'm glad you finally got some good news about your new MINI. Won't be long now.

Chuck

Quick Reply: Production week 46 Support Group