1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programming at VDC ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Programming at VDC ?

Just rec'd word that the reason that our date continues to be pushed back is due to the back log of MCS programming at the VDC (Port Hnuenme). I don't recall ever reading / hearing this before nor have I been able to locate a thread stating such. Does this programming mean the radio presets, door locks, DRL's and the like or what ?

Thanks,
Eric

Old 11-16-2005, 10:31 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
nah like updates on the computer software. There is probably a new update ready to come out and they want to get it to the customers before they get there cars

Old 11-17-2005, 08:05 AM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Let's Hope that is the case. The misses is trying to persuade me to buy a new 330.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
My dealer had a problem programming when their tool broke, and it took weeks/months to get a new one.

If the this VDC place has similar tools, and a couple of them are broken, then maybe they're trying to program the same number of cars, with 1/3 or 1/4 of the tools. Just a guess tho.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:26 AM
1nf3rn0
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My car was just unloaded into that port today... How long has your car been sitting there?

Old 11-17-2005, 08:51 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Littleburl
Let's Hope that is the case. The misses is trying to persuade me to buy a new 330.
I love my X3, very comfy lots of power, esp with the supersprint exhaust.

Old 11-17-2005, 09:27 AM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 1nf3rn0
My car was just unloaded into that port today... How long has your car been sitting there?
I believe ours has been there close to 3wks or so. The dealer delivery date has changed 3x's.

Hoping that we can pick Buddha up the wknd after T-day

Old 11-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Wagnbat
My dealer had a problem programming when their tool broke, and it took weeks/months to get a new one.

If the this VDC place has similar tools, and a couple of them are broken, then maybe they're trying to program the same number of cars, with 1/3 or 1/4 of the tools. Just a guess tho.
Wagnbat,
I hope that is not the issue but who knows. I had never heard of VDC programming until the MA told me last night

Old 11-17-2005, 06:38 PM
roymo
2nd Gear
Ummm.... I hate to tell you this, but our vehicle arrived at the VDC in Port Hueneme on 11/8, and headed up the coast to arrive at the dealership in Fife, WA on 11/14. Of course, the OL still says "at VDC",and the "estimated delivery date" keeps getting pushed back, but according to my MA it's here.

I'm REALLY not saying this to be cruel, but most of us on the week 40 thread who came in on that same ship are seeing out cars by now. Doesn't seem to me it can be a "programming" issue.... (Mine's an MCS Conv - would there really be programming your car requires that mine doesn't????)

Old 11-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by roymo
Ummm.... I hate to tell you this, but our vehicle arrived at the VDC in Port Hueneme on 11/8, and headed up the coast to arrive at the dealership in Fife, WA on 11/14. Of course, the OL still says "at VDC",and the "estimated delivery date" keeps getting pushed back, but according to my MA it's here.

I'm REALLY not saying this to be cruel, but most of us on the week 40 thread who came in on that same ship are seeing out cars by now. Doesn't seem to me it can be a "programming" issue.... (Mine's an MCS Conv - would there really be programming your car requires that mine doesn't????)
Roymo,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Yeah the Misses is pretty bent about it. She is convinced they F-ed Up our order. What pisses me off most is I have a check sitting here from Costco that expires Dec 15th.
If I wasn't so busy working this mnth I would drive down there and see what the deal is.

Old 11-17-2005, 10:52 PM
roymo
2nd Gear
Sorry! I just meant maybe you could use that info to press your dealer to tell you what's really going on?

Seems unlikely it's because they messed up your order - I've seen several posts where that happens, and if they didn't catch it before it left Southamptom, would they catch it at VDC? The posts I've seen are disappointing discoveries at the dealership. Unless it's something they can fix and are holding at VDC for a part, seems like they would have sent it on to the dealer and given you the option to decide to accept as-is or reorder? Just speculating....

Can't remember if I've seen them here or on Mini2, but I thought I'd seen postings that some vehicles are randomly selected for more extensive quality control checks? Perhaps that's all that's going on with yours. Meaning it will be absolutely perfect when it gets to you.

Good luck! Hopefully you and your wife will be doing the happy dance soon!

Old 11-18-2005, 05:27 AM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I too think they're putting up a smoke screen. My car was delivered to Texas 8 days after being unloaded at Charleston. 6 cars were on my boat headed to my dealer, he got them all over a 3-day period. Unless there's some damage or something they're trying to fix, sounds to me like your car is lost in the system somewhere.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mtbscott
I too think they're putting up a smoke screen. My car was delivered to Texas 8 days after being unloaded at Charleston. 6 cars were on my boat headed to my dealer, he got them all over a 3-day period. Unless there's some damage or something they're trying to fix, sounds to me like your car is lost in the system somewhere.
Well I hope that isnt what has/ is occurred. Guess I should have mentioned that according to OL delievery to Southbay has changed 3x's.
I will give them until next wednesday and then go down and raise hell if the car STILL isnt available.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:14 AM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Just rent a hummer drive through the gates at port Huemene, and find your car and run up and hug her . I'm sure she will know she's yours. .

My baby is 13 days old, and I cannot wait to love her and hold her . Hmm, I wounder if I should keep a warm bottle of oil for her .

Don't worry you'll see her soon, and it will be a great day no worries .

Old 11-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
The Misses just checked OL and now there is NO delievery date. Needless to say she is PISSED !!!

Old 11-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by FlynHawaiian
Just rent a hummer drive through the gates at port Huemene, and find your car and run up and hug her . I'm sure she will know she's yours. .

My baby is 13 days old, and I cannot wait to love her and hold her . Hmm, I wounder if I should keep a warm bottle of oil for her .

Don't worry you'll see her soon, and it will be a great day no worries .
That is a helluva an idea, but probably wouldnt be allowed to keep the job after that.
Thanks for the Vote of Confidence

Old 11-18-2005, 09:24 AM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by roymo
Can't remember if I've seen them here or on Mini2, but I thought I'd seen postings that some vehicles are randomly selected for more extensive quality control checks? Perhaps that's all that's going on with yours. Meaning it will be absolutely perfect when it gets to you.

Good luck! Hopefully you and your wife will be doing the happy dance soon!
Hmm, I hope that is the case but who knows.
She is about to the do the happy dance on someones head if Buddha doesnt arrive shortly.

I really dont want to drop $45K on a 330 or a used E320

Old 11-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
I seem to recall a thread where someone got Screwed by Southbay but I cant find the thread. Does anyone else remember that?

Old 11-18-2005, 11:19 AM
eVal
6th Gear
If its stuck at the VDC it is not the dealer's fault. I never had heard anything before about programming, but I do know that when people have had delays at the VDC for BMWs it often was a result of damage to the car in shipping. They do repairs/bodywork at the VDC as needed - over a certain % of damage and they are supposed to divulge it. I have heard people that pressed the issue and found out about the issues with the cars even though BMW was not going to volunteer it at first - better to know about any fixes I think and choose to reorder if necessary then have to deal with issues later (ie sub par paint - buddy's M3 was held up at the VDC and later he noticed bubbles in the paint on the front bumper..).

It also can be that they pulled your car for the extended quality check I've heard about - if your car has some extra miles on it when you get it that can be an indicator.

Press the dealer and MININA to find out more about the delay, perhaps put it in writing that you want any repairs at the VDC divulged.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Finally Got an Answer

The misses emailed the SM and she called her back.

2 Issues:

The 2006 MCS's are having some sort of FLASH upgrade done to/or for the transmissions like they did when the 745's first came out. This procedure is completed.
The Headliner was miscut at the factory and they are waiting on the installation of the replacement.

Atleast now we know what is going on.
Thanks to all that attempted to assist