1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Depressed when out of touch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 03:16 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depressed when out of touch?

MIB has been on the North Atlantic now for a couple of days...

MAN HAS DEPRESSION HIT ME

I don't know why. I am so down it is not funny.

I can't track the patriot, HBO just has to keep playing Kate, Leo and the iceburg.

I mean all the excitement of ordering, then watching MIB as it was built, now there is nothing to do.

I did get a MOSS catalog three days ago and a new ProMINI catalog today but I don't even want to look at them.

I just noticed that there is a Hot Orange Convertable MINI that works at the near by Avon Wally Mart.

I know that my emotions will shift into hyperdrive once the Patriot reaches South Carolina and I don't know how I will survive untill I will be able to Pick MIB up at D&R MINI.

I just GOTTA SHAKE THESE BLUES!

Old 11-17-2005, 03:21 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chill out dude!!! We have all been pretty obsessive about this but MAN... calm down!!! My advice... stay off of tall buildings

Remember to breathe and tell yourself "Ony a few more weeks"!

Old 11-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe you could calculate how many pennies it would take to buy your MINI and then figure out if that many pennies might fit inside a MINI.

At least that's what I did when I was going nuts waiting!

Somewhere there is an old thread about it. . . .

Old 11-17-2005, 05:43 PM
LizzyBobio
OVERDRIVE
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't worry. The captain of the ship swore he'd be sober by the time they get close to shore

This is normal. You are in the February stage of the cycle. The thrill of spring is close by!

Old 11-17-2005, 06:03 PM
elbum0
3rd Gear
At least your MINI even exists right now...

Old 11-17-2005, 06:49 PM
roymo
2nd Gear
Oh yeah, those weeks at sea are hard! It got better once I had an estimated docking date. Then it got worse again once the docking date came and went, and I waited out the next part. Here's some of the strategies we used to maintain our sanity in my household during the wait:

(1) Read the forums for the weeks ahead of you - they're getting their minis, raving about the fun, sharing the photos - keeps up your enthusiasm level!
(2) Read the threads about the best accessories, best car care products, checklists when you pick up your MINI - you'll be so prepared!
(3) Spend hours and hours on your state DOL site trying out various possibilities for personalized plates. Need inspiration? Hunt down some threads on that topic too!
(4) Print off photos of your soon-to-arrive MINI and place them all over the house and your office.

Hang in there! :smile:

Old 11-17-2005, 06:50 PM
MrT-Man
2nd Gear
It could be worse -- you could be getting a call telling you that your Mini is ready, but then because of prior travel plans, you can't go pick it up!

After almost two months of waiting, I was told that my Mini would be ready to pick up tomorrow, but I have to leave town to go to a friend's engagement party...

Oh well, at least I should have it on Monday, so my waiting is almost over...!

Old 11-17-2005, 06:54 PM
SB
6th Gear
Check out the ports if you get bored. You can find some cool things such as the rivers name where the MINI's are unloaded in Charleston, SC.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Could be on My Boat. Buddha has been at the VDC for 3wks and am STILLING waiting.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:23 PM
CeridianMN
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by roymo
(1) Read the forums for the weeks ahead of you - they're getting their minis, raving about the fun, sharing the photos - keeps up your enthusiasm level!
(2) Read the threads about the best accessories, best car care products, checklists when you pick up your MINI - you'll be so prepared!
Those were going to be suggestions. Some of the week 44 people were on the fastest ship of WW's fleet and I think they are looking at their ship pulling in and unloading this weekend (to bad we didn't get the UNDINE - 9 days to the PATRIOT's 12...). I've been reading week 40, some of the West coasters are still waiting. Also week 43 is a good one since they're starting to trickle in, one has gotten her car and there seems to be alittle bit of action on that thread.

I've read almost every post for the last three months in the detailing forum, and a bunch in the interior, ice, electrical forums as I'm more interested in doing things like the blue led swap-out, the auto-up, clear side markers, things like that. The full JCW should be enough perf mods for me - now I just need to finish making it look the way I want.

Other than that, I've been trying to also spend time getting back in touch with my techie side by reading slashdot, gizmondo, theregister, ect as I have hardly visited those sites in two or three weeks. I'm practically bursting as I decided not to tell any of my firends or family I'm getting the MINI. Some of them know I'm getting something, either a MINI or a Minivan - but some just know we're getting a car. With the gearheads (svt club people including president of the local chapter) I work with it gets really hard at times to keep it from them. Last they heard we were "talking with places about financing so we know what we can afford". Another month and I should be able to spring it on them - if they don't find out before then.

Last edited by CeridianMN; 11-18-2005 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Weeks messed up, corrected.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:12 PM
roymo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CeridianMN
I've been reading week 40, some of the West coasters are still waiting.
Yep - that's us!! We're West coasters and we're picking up Saturday! (Got the countdown goin' and everything!)
Originally Posted by CeridianMN
I'm practically bursting as I decided not to tell any of my firends or family I'm getting the MINI.
Ok, that's SERIOUS self-control! I know most of us have about driven our coworkers and family INSANE by talking about our MINIs too much!

Old 11-18-2005, 01:01 AM
DeuceBigelow
2nd Gear
Sorry, no sympathy here. Be glad you're not in Iraq while your car makes it home before you do

Old 11-18-2005, 04:30 AM
K4KAS
3rd Gear
Be glad your not in Iraq and can't order because you have to get home and sell one of your other cars before you can order!

Old 11-18-2005, 04:43 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Originally Posted by K4KAS
Be glad your not in Iraq and can't order because you have to get home and sell one of your other cars before you can order!
K4KAS wheh you get back to Ft Walton Beach and order that MINI, you'll be happy to know there is a local MINI culb. We even have our own forum here on this board and also at www.sunshineminis.org

Old 11-18-2005, 12:46 PM
hahnsie
you know im sexy
or like me i have Athena but shes sits in a cold dark warehouse while i sit it the cold dark afghan. GOD i miss her

Old 11-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Itsdchz
5th Gear
DrDiff hasnt responded in almost 1 day.... Maybe there is going to be a Black MINI available to some else on the East Coast in a few days, as someone may have just been to overwhelmed with anticipation, and given up...

Old 11-18-2005, 04:00 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
I AM glad that I'm not in Iraq! Stay safe dude.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:04 PM
MSFIT
6th Gear
Sorry to go kinda off-topic..but if you are still online...do you know a guy named Darren Waul?? Last I talked to him he is stationed in baghdad

Old 11-18-2005, 04:52 PM
LizzyBobio
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by hahnsie
or like me i have Athena but shes sits in a cold dark warehouse while i sit it the cold dark afghan. GOD i miss her
Hahnsie, stay safe and remember that there are lots of people on this board who will help blow the soot out Athena once in a while for ya! What's the address and where's the key?

Old 11-18-2005, 04:59 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Originally Posted by Itsdchz
DrDiff hasnt responded in almost 1 day.... Maybe there is going to be a Black MINI available to some else on the East Coast in a few days, as someone may have just been to overwhelmed with anticipation, and given up...
I am still here. just trying to do other things to keep my mind off trying to find the Patriot (WQVY) and not being able to find it.

I did manage to burn a DVD today. But I bought the wrong format (DVD-R ). Works on the TV/VCR/DVD Combo in my room but not on the PS2 in the family room.

Old 11-18-2005, 05:11 PM
LizzyBobio
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by DrDiff
I am still here. just trying to do other things to keep my mind off trying to find the Patriot (WQVY) and not being able to find it.

I did manage to burn a DVD today. But I bought the wrong format (DVD-R ). Works on the TV/VCR/DVD Combo in my room but not on the PS2 in the family room.
Are you looking at the Oceanweather.com marine observations?
http://www.oceanweather.com/data/

Old 11-18-2005, 05:26 PM
CeridianMN
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LizzyBobio
Are you looking at the Oceanweather.com marine observations?
http://www.oceanweather.com/data/
Still nothing on there for the Patriot. The service that fills those tables is the one that the Patriot hasn't updated since September 22nd. This is just one of the two alternate ways to find it, the other is sailwx or something like that. They use the same database. We probably won't get any info until about 6-8 hours before it's supposed to dock in Boston depending on when it starts to show on their piloting charts over at some aic or something site.

(Sorry about njo linkage, I need to get cracking on some schoolwork or I'll never get that bachelors by 30 - in less than two years !)

Old 11-19-2005, 09:39 AM
hahnsie
you know im sexy
thanks for the offer lizzy, but i think you going all the way to germany to blow the soot out of Athena is a bit much to ask for. and i plan to stay very safe, that way i can drive Athena sooner.